Poison's Champions Art Thread

Poison

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Poison's Champions Art Thread

Well it is the weekend again, and here I am drawing again! Go figure?

Anyways, I thought I would post the pencils for a cover I am working on for a fansite. I will be inking and coloring this most likely with cell shading...

I hope you can recognize these characters. :)

BlueBeetle-BoosterGold-Pencils.jpg

the coloring of Bettle and Booster is great

is that a red wall with cracks or a red sky with black lightning

if a wall it needs some texture

if it is sky the lightning needs some flaring or corona

it is a great pic

IMHO it just needs a little more background detail

Well here I go again trying a new coloring technique... This technique is really fast actually...

Anyways let me know what you think...

BlueBeetle-BoosterGold-Color.jpg

Every time I feel bad at first (because I know how sometimes people can get carried away with criticism), but I get a chuckle each time I read through this... It is mean, but tickles my funny bone...

http://progressiveboink.com/archive/robliefeld.html

If this guy can be a pro for Marvel and DC getting paid "pro" rates for his drawing working on popular comics, maybe it is possible for me to one day sell a drawing before I die... :eek:

p.s. Sorry for not coloring my latest pic yet. I got tied up playing Metal Gear Solid 4 and Tomb Raider Underworld (my Xmas gifts). :)

Yeah Liefield is the worst in recent memory but what about that artist Uy, the guys has done some issues of the Initiative and while it's the only consistent buy for me right now I will not buy his issues, his art looks like a 6 yar old did it or someone holding a pencil in their mouth to draw... and he gets PAID for this art?!

You have talent, and I think you`ll get a chance to show it...

I never really liked the Blue Beetle, but... Killing him off in that lame fashion... No one deserved that.

Ted Kord, rest in peace.

They killed the character long before his life was ended, imo... At least they made the character capable again before offing him, which kinda makes it more unfortunate really :(

• 2 weeks later...

They killed the character long before his life was ended' date=' imo... At least they made the character capable again before offing him, which kinda makes it more unfortunate really :([/quote']

Ach. Character assassination. What a way to go.

Well, apparently, according to some sources, Ted Kord is coming back. But... Don't hold your hopes up.

Sorry I haven't posted anything for a little while. Real life reared it's ugly head...

I have a couple of drawing slated to do, and hope to do one this week. :)

Damn that real life...

I've been drooling over the possibility of seeing Soundwave in 4-color splendor... and you are teaching me patience. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch my thread hit page 3. That must mean I am slacking!!!

Lets dig out my thread from the bowels of inactivity.

Here is my latest. I have a few commissions to do very soon, so I will be doing those and posting them up in the next couple of weeks.

:)

Mister-Miracle.jpg

Nice pic! Mr. Miracle was one of my all-time favorites. I think I had almost the whole series at one point. I even built a gadgeteer in Champions with the name Mr. Miracle. He was a stage magician/escape artist who decided it was more of a challenge and thrill to fight crime.