Silly Question: Rita Hayworth's COM?

Vondy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Silly Question: Rita Hayworth's COM?

I would give the exact same answer. I would define Striking Appearance as "Smokin' Hot" ... but I've had more fun coming up with SFX for Striking Appearance than anything else in 6E. . .

I like "smokin' hot."

I've been coming up with some FXs:

"Smokin' Hot Redhead."

"Bombshell Blond"

"Zaftig Brunette"

"High Speed, Low Drag."

"Sleek Sensation."

"Good Girl Allure."

"The Girl Your Mother Warned You About."

"Voluptuous Vixen."

"Vashti in the Flesh."

"Right Sexy B-----d."

"Jessica Rabbit."

and...

"Is that saxaphone music?"

What about Humphrey Bogart? He wasn't handsome in a conventional way (at least more than normally) but he had amazing charisma (a large part of which came from hard-earned skill as one of the greatest film actors of his era if not the greatest)?

Would he have a variation on Striking Appearance, or is a high PRE enough to reflect his ability to keep people's attention?

What about Humphrey Bogart? He wasn't handsome in a conventional way (at least more than normally) but he had amazing charisma (a large part of which came from hard-earned skill as one of the greatest film actors of his era if not the greatest)?

Would he have a variation on Striking Appearance, or is a high PRE enough to reflect his ability to keep people's attention?

I think Bogart's appeal is more due to PRE. It's not his appearance that causes the impact...

(Though of course, you could always give him Striking Appearance anyway if you wanted, defining the SFX in some appropriate way...)

I think Bogart's appeal is more due to PRE. It's not his appearance that causes the impact...

(Though of course, you could always give him Striking Appearance anyway if you wanted, defining the SFX in some appropriate way...)

I'd lean more towards Presence in Bogart's case, 5th or 6th edition personally. Pre and/or Interaction skills with Reputation.

I'd call it PRE.

There are a few pictures of him when he was younger where he could be described as attractive, but he's not traditionally considered an attractive man, especially when he was older. I'd describe him as have a face with "character:" craggy, basset hound eyes, mildly brutal lips. For some women that kind of thing is a draw. You could model it as an off-beat sort of COM. You'd just have to deftly define the SFX.

But mostly its his manner and delivery.

Hayworth the actress? 2 or 3 levels of Striking Appearance.

Hayworth in character (with costuming, hair and makeup, sexy walk, perfect lighting and flattering camera angles)? 3 or 4 levels of Striking Appearance.

The actress would keep people staring. The character(s) she plays would make jaws drop and slacks tighten up.

Bogart should have a good PRE and a rep bonus "Famous actor--suave, sexy, worldly" or somesuch.

Errol Flynn, of course, would have good PRE, 2 or 3 levels of SA, and a positive AND negative rep. (the Colin Farrell of his day).

I'd lean more towards Presence in Bogart's case' date=' 5th or 6th edition personally. Pre and/or Interaction skills with Reputation.[/quote']

Striking Appearance works Mechanically like Positive Reputation - you gain a bonus to certain Rolls in situations in which your appearance plays an important part.