What can you do with five points?

matrix3

Just out of curiosity, what can be built with five real points, no restrictions on active points or max amount of limitations? Let's say it has to be man portable and usable at least once per day. I seem to remember someone posting a build of a literally Earth shattering power with 1 or 2 real points. I believe it involved a 1 pip RKA with tons of penetrating and auto fire...

Re: What can you do with five points?

As an example:

Streetsweeper 5 real points

1 pip RKA, Penetrating (x2; +1), Area Of Effect (3" Radius; +1), Selective (+1/4), Autofire (160 shots; +4) (36 Active Points); Extra Time (20 Minutes, -2 1/2), 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), Concentration (0 DCV; Character is totally unaware of nearby events; -3/4), Gestures (Requires both hands; Complex; -3/4), Incantations (Complex; -1/2)

I'm not even quite sure how this would work, but it was fun to build.

Surrounded by Idiots 5 Real Points

Duplication (creates 2 25-point Duplicates), Sticky (+1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Usable As Attack (+1) (30 Active Points); Extra Time (20 Minutes, -2 1/2), No Conscious Control (-2), Nonpersistent (-1/4)

I think it means someone with this power couldn't be in a populated area for more than 20 minutes or else those around him would start sprouting 2 25 point duplicates. With the sticky, the duplicates would make people sprout duplicates (but I think just the first gen would do this.) And, without personal immunity, it would be hitting him, too...if it did anything at all.

Groundhog Day 5 Real Points

Extra-Dimensional Movement (Time Travel: 1 day in past; 40 points), Extra Time (1 Day; -4), 1 Charge per Day (-2), Always On (-1/2), Minor Side Effect, Automatic (-1/2)

The character is caught in a day-long time loop, which unfortunately always begins with something bad happening to him.

Streetsweeper 5 real points

1 pip RKA, Penetrating (x2; +1), Area Of Effect (3" Radius; +1), Selective (+1/4), Autofire (160 shots; +4) (36 Active Points); Extra Time (20 Minutes, -2 1/2), 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), Concentration (0 DCV; Character is totally unaware of nearby events; -3/4), Gestures (Requires both hands; Complex; -3/4), Incantations (Complex; -1/2)

What would this one even do - destroy inanimate objects? The extra time puts a damper on any combat use. Also, unless you have an OCV of 300, that many Autofire shots is a waste. More importantly, one charge only gives you one Autofire shot.

With that in mind - I'd add Trigger, reduce the shots to 20 (+1 1/2), add Zero END (+1 w/ Autofire), and increase the area to a 48" radius. Then replace the Recoverable Charge with something else.

Groundhog Day 5 Real Points

Extra-Dimensional Movement (Time Travel: 1 day in past; 40 points), Extra Time (1 Day; -4), 1 Charge per Day (-2), Always On (-1/2), Minor Side Effect, Automatic (-1/2)

The character is caught in a day-long time loop, which unfortunately always begins with something bad happening to him.

This is a 'Great' effect! :-)

Now, what sort of transform would be needed in order to be able to 'gift' such a power onto someone else, is that a minor or major transform, it only being ~5 points? Of course the minor side effect would be eliminated, instead becoming the 'heal' condition of the transform, of resolving some issue. If one wanted to purchase the power of being able to put that "Groundhog Day" power onto any person of one's choosing, how would one define that power?

Well' date=' yes, but the -4.75 in limitations might be a stumbling block as well. :)[/quote']

Very well then, I suggest spending all 5pts on Multiform. Of course the multiform then spends all 25 pts on Multiform. Then that guy spends all 125 pts on Multiform. Then that guy spends 625pts on multiform and finally, that guy spends 3125 pts on something awesome. Sure, it takes you four phases to work up to full power, but it's not like you have to change back anytime soon. Or you can keep on going til you reach infinity/boredom. Season to taste with Lims. Obviously, you will have a lot of matching complications to make up for, depending on how many points the base character is built on :P

Of course, if you want to look less munchkin about it, you can actually buy stuff for some of the intermediary Mutliform's extra points.

As far as I know, this is by the letter of the law legal still, but hey you wanted abuse.

This is a 'Great' effect! :-)

Now, what sort of transform would be needed in order to be able to 'gift' such a power onto someone else, is that a minor or major transform, it only being ~5 points? Of course the minor side effect would be eliminated, instead becoming the 'heal' condition of the transform, of resolving some issue. If one wanted to purchase the power of being able to put that "Groundhog Day" power onto any person of one's choosing, how would one define that power?

A Transform surpassing the target's BODY+1 would add this power to the target. And the Side Effect isn't really necessary to get down to 5 points. I was thinking of the Stargate episode where O'Neill and T'ealq were redoing the same day over and over, and T'ealq always bounced back to the point in time where someone opened a door in his face.

What would this one even do - destroy inanimate objects? The extra time puts a damper on any combat use. Also, unless you have an OCV of 300, that many Autofire shots is a waste. More importantly, one charge only gives you one Autofire shot.

With that in mind - I'd add Trigger, reduce the shots to 20 (+1 1/2), add Zero END (+1 w/ Autofire), and increase the area to a 48" radius. Then replace the Recoverable Charge with something else.

How about this?

Revised Streetsweeper 5 Real Points

1 pip RKA, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Selective (+1/4), Continuous (+1), Penetrating (x2; +1), Autofire (5 shots; +1 1/2) (26 Active Points); 1 Charge (-2), Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (Requires both hands; -1), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), No Knockback (-1/4)

How about this?

Revised Streetsweeper 5 Real Points

1 pip RKA, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Selective (+1/4), Continuous (+1), Penetrating (x2; +1), Autofire (5 shots; +1 1/2) (26 Active Points); 1 Charge (-2), Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (Requires both hands; -1), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), No Knockback (-1/4)

You'd still have the problem that you only fire 1 of the 5 shots, since you only have 1 Charge.

I just realized that all my examples are 5Ed' date=' since that's what I have on hero designer. Oops.[/quote']

That plus 1 Charge means it only fires once, even with Autofire 5. Similarly, you would need to buy Continuing Charges for Continuous to have any effect.

6E alternate version: Roomsweeper: Killing Attack - Ranged 1 point, Area Of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Penetrating (x2; +1), Autofire (10 shots; +2) (22 Active Points); OAF (Focus ; I gots a bomb!; -1), No Range (-1/2), -2 Decreased STUN Multiplier (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), No Knockback (-1/4), 10 Charges (-1/4) Real Cost: 5

Now, for full effect, you still need a 20 OCV, and admittedly -2 Stun Multiple is pretty cheesy (especially in 6E).

Be the luckiest man alive. Just grab your lucky rabbits foot and head to Vegas baby!

5 pts. Luck 3d6 (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4), Gestures (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Eternal: (Total: 30 Active Cost, 5 Real Cost) Life Support (Longevity: 800 Years) (Real Cost: 3) plus Regeneration (1 BODY per Week), Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection (27 Active Points); Extra Time (25 Years, -7), 1 Charge which Recovers every >1 Season (-4), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Reincarnation - returns as a different person, with memory and sense of self intact. ; -2) (Real Cost: 2)

Riches. Poverty. Power. Pain. These things come and go, like shadows in a flickering light. Let them come. Let them go.

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary, Perdurabo

Ooh, I dunno about that rabbit's foot, dsatow.

It's OAF for starters. Wont' be long until the pit boss has your man thrown out in the street. Plus 3d6 luck a second after you need it is not gonna help with the turning of the cards.

How about:

Rabbit's Foot

2d6 Luck, IAF (Rabbit's Foot. Hey, no-one actually believes they work.) -1/2; Incantations (Gambling cliches like: Pappa needs a brand new pair of spats!) -1/4; Activation Roll -1/4.

Actually if you really want to push your lucky rabbit's foot you could keep upping that Activation Roll. Push your real world luck in hopes of upping your character's game world luck. :nonp: But I don't want to think about that too hard.

5How about making yourself be pretty?

I'm a Super model!: Sight Group Images 1" radius, +/-4 to PER Rolls, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (33 Active Points); Extra Time (6 Hours, Only to Activate, Beauty regime; -1 3/4), Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only to look like a beautiful version of yourself; -1), IAF Fragile (Makep up so cunningly applied no one realises you're wearing any. But it's easy to wipe off when they do.; -3/4), No Range (-1/2), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; Must jabber on about beauty regimes the whole time. Or bitch about other models.; -1/2), Side Effects (Must always pose for photographers; -1/4), Requires A Beauty Regime Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; Only while applying make up; -1/4)