What can you do with five points?

matrix3

Re: What can you do with five points?

Ooh, I dunno about that rabbit's foot, dsatow.

It's OAF for starters. Wont' be long until the pit boss has your man thrown out in the street. Plus 3d6 luck a second after you need it is not gonna help with the turning of the cards.

How about:

Rabbit's Foot

2d6 Luck, IAF (Rabbit's Foot. Hey, no-one actually believes they work.) -1/2; Incantations (Gambling cliches like: Pappa needs a brand new pair of spats!) -1/4; Activation Roll -1/4.

Actually if you really want to push your lucky rabbit's foot you could keep upping that Activation Roll. Push your real world luck in hopes of upping your character's game world luck. :nonp: But I don't want to think about that too hard.

Tack on a Costs END limitation. Then you can really PUSH your luck...

5How about making yourself be pretty?

I'm a Super model!: Sight Group Images 1" radius, +/-4 to PER Rolls, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (33 Active Points); Extra Time (6 Hours, Only to Activate, Beauty regime; -1 3/4), Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only to look like a beautiful version of yourself; -1), IAF Fragile (Makep up so cunningly applied no one realises you're wearing any. But it's easy to wipe off when they do.; -3/4), No Range (-1/2), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; Must jabber on about beauty regimes the whole time. Or bitch about other models.; -1/2), Side Effects (Must always pose for photographers; -1/4), Requires A Beauty Regime Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; Only while applying make up; -1/4)

Hmmm... for the same active points, you could have +11d6 in Striking Features. That would be quite a PRE attack, all right. You'd likely have mobs surrounding you, maybe even fighting each other for more of your attention.

"Say, we can go where we want to

A place where they will never find

And we can act like we come from out of this world

Leave the real one far behind." - Safety Dance by Men at Work

Extra-Dimensional Movement (Any Dimension, Single Location) (30 Active Points); 1 Charge which Recovers every 1 Month (-3), Extra Time (1 Day, Only to Activate, -2)

I figure if you guys are going to blow up the Earth, might as well start looking for a new place to live. Once a month, I can spend a day opening a portal to a whole new world. Not bad for five points.

Lucius Alexander: So this supersecret Base, with an Extradimensional Location, and all the other features I want, costs 250 points?

Game Operations Director: Yes.

Lucius Alexander: And then a second one just like it costs 5?

Game Operations Director: Yes.

Lucius Alexander: Great! I'll take the second one then.

Lucius Alexander

I'll take a palindromedary too

Very well then, I suggest spending all 5pts on Multiform. Of course the multiform then spends all 25 pts on Multiform. Then that guy spends all 125 pts on Multiform. Then that guy spends 625pts on multiform and finally, that guy spends 3125 pts on something awesome. Sure, it takes you four phases to work up to full power, but it's not like you have to change back anytime soon. Or you can keep on going til you reach infinity/boredom. Season to taste with Lims. Obviously, you will have a lot of matching complications to make up for, depending on how many points the base character is built on :P

Of course, if you want to look less munchkin about it, you can actually buy stuff for some of the intermediary Mutliform's extra points.

As far as I know, this is by the letter of the law legal still, but hey you wanted abuse.

Anyone else have a sudden urge to watch Dragonball Z?

How about a little cheap defense, FRED style?

Automatic Vision Protection Contact Lenses: Sight Group Flash Defense (6 points), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; trigger is Vision Group Flash; +1) (15 Active Points); Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect only affects the recipient of the benefits of the Power; Temporarily restricts normal vision for duration of attack, -4 PER; -1), IIF (-1/4), Activation Roll 15- (-1/4) Real Cost: 5 pts.

• 2 weeks later...

5 +1 speed 11- (roll at the beginning for each turn) (10-1=5)

5 Deference maneuver II (character does not suffer multiple attacker penalties)

5 +2 Body +1(+3 adjusted) Stun 5th edition -- or -- +4 Body +5 stun 6th edition

5 1d6 damage negation always applicable

not spending the points before testing the character's current abilities

It depends on who 'you' are.

If you are the emperor, you can have x2 as many death stars.

for 2 points one could buy all their agents a 10 point psychic bond to the character

Well this is 5th ed. because I haven't got 6th but here goes.

Ghostkiller charm of the apprentice.

1/2d6 RKA Affects desolidified (+1), Area effect 1" radius (+1), Inc. END *4 (-2), Only against desolidified (-1), no range (-1/2), RSR (magic) (-1/2), incantations (-1/4), OIF (-1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV) -1/4 Base cost 10, Active cost 30 Real cost 5

Of course to use this you need to be a magician in the first place.

Ghostkiller charm of the novice

1 pip RKA Affects desolidified (+1), Area effect 1" radius (+1), Inc. END *4 (-2), Only against desolidified (-1), no range (-1/2), RSR (magic) (-1/2), incantations (-1/4), OIF (-1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV) -1/4 Base cost 5, Active cost 25 Real cost 2.5

Plus Magician skill (3 pts.) OIF (-1/2) Real cost 2 Total cost 4.5

So you can get a marginally useful attack against desolidified attackers for 5 points or less.

• 2 weeks later...

In a 5th edition game our GM gave us a bonus one time use of 5 points to help us with a coming battle with a group that was running roughshod over us in previous encounters. There were a few limitations such as the points were temporary so that whatever we did with them would only last for one session.

I built a multiform with 1 charge expendable that took extra time to activate and a few other limitations that in effect let me rebuild my character for that one session. I don't have the exact stats on it anymore but I was able to rebuild my 350 point character specifically for that fight.