Parallel Universe Star Wars

Clonus

Re: Parallel Universe Star Wars

What if a couple more Jedis had survived Order 66 (well they did in the Expanded Universe) but I mean in a way to have been of immediate help to Obiwan and Yoda.

Well, it has always been a fixture of the Expanded universe that a bunch of Jedi survived but were hunted down by Vader over the next few years.

As for a few survivors that could have helped Yoda and Obi-Wan? I don't think it would have mattered much. Anyone not on Yoda (or Mace Windu's) level would have just gotten in the way in the Yoda vs. Sideous duel and Kenobi completed his missions just fine alone. If you are postulating enough Jedi to take all the clones near the Jedi Academy we are talking about a much less successful Order 66, which should have left survivors across the galaxy (which may be an interesting twist).

I think the larger question posed by this thread is: How many PC Jedi do there need to be? And how many NPC Sith? If you need lots and lots, then the first movie-era isn't a good setting. If you don't need any, then there are plenty of things for an intrepid band of rebel commandos or bounty hunters, or smugglers to do during either movie era.

The rub is that most people want to have both. But outside the A New Hope Jedi and Non-Jedi never adventure together as equal party members. Really, they just don't.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it has always been a fixture of the Expanded universe that a bunch of Jedi survived but were hunted down by Vader over the next few years.

As for a few survivors that could have helped Yoda and Obi-Wan? I don't think it would have mattered much. Anyone not on Yoda (or Mace Windu's) level would have just gotten in the way in the Yoda vs. Sideous duel and Kenobi completed his missions just fine alone. If you are postulating enough Jedi to take all the clones near the Jedi Academy we are talking about a much less successful Order 66, which should have left survivors across the galaxy (which may be an interesting twist).

I think the larger question posed by this thread is: How many PC Jedi do there need to be? And how many NPC Sith? If you need lots and lots, then the first movie-era isn't a good setting. If you don't need any, then there are plenty of things for an intrepid band of rebel commandos or bounty hunters, or smugglers to do during either movie era.

The rub is that most people want to have both. But outside the A New Hope Jedi and Non-Jedi never adventure together as equal party members. Really, they just don't.

Well, in the Star Wars RPG, I never really had fun playing Jedi anyway. You couldnt really do squat. The times we played we ended up having much more fun being morally neutral bounty hunters. Just saying.

What if Anakin had defeated Ben in their duel' date=' killed Palpatine afterward, and made [i']himself[/i] Emperor of the Galaxy?

What if some among the Clone Army had mustered the strength of will to say "Screw You" to Order 66?

Well to the first "THus begins the reign of Anakin I (the Emoter)."

Anyhow, I'd say the Empire would fracture, I dont see him having the will to hold the galaxy together at least at that age. Also, seeing how the battle droids were swtiched off. I got the feeling that the Emperor moved in swiftly to former strongholds to get rid of the droids (aka scrap metal). If the galaxy was in greater turmoil anybody wanting to bring about a Rebellion might have looked to re-activate the droids at least till organic lifeforms could be recruited. So, the Rebellion would have probably gained strength earlier.

Now an Emperor Vader would have been smarter than an Emperor Anakin. But, you have to remember the Vader we knew in original had the experience of lava bath trauma (which surviving that probably strengthened his will in a hurry) and 20 years more experience.

COurse, who knows maybe after taking out the Emperor, Yoda would have just moved in and took out the little crybaby.

So, what about Emperor Yoda? ("raise your taxes I will").......ok maybe not.

Could Leia be a "rough and tumble kid" from some barbarian world???? That way the slave costume would be her go-to garb!!! mmmmmmmm. :)

Hey, in my mind that costume is her go to garb.

What? You know I'm not alone. (though I cant help but think metal against skin like that would cause some irritable chafing)

What if Ben had defeated Vader in their duel on the Death Star (Star Wars Episode IV)?

Not a whole lot. Emperor has to find a new lackey. Ben gets to teach Luke. Yoda spends the rest of his days in solitude. (though Luke might have learned quicker).

Somehow' date=' I get the idea you want a Jedi Red Sonja.[/quote']

Works for me. :D

What? You know I'm not alone. (though I cant help but think metal against skin like that would cause some irritable chafing)

... Which probably explains why stereotypically-clad female barbarians tend to be so short-tempered..

So, what if before someone told them the whole truth, Leia got pregnant with Luke's baby?

(What? you really knew it could have happened):doi:

Lucas would have revealed in the prequels that Padme and Anakin were also sister and brother.

Well, since I was the one who started this Incestuous Thread Drift (hmm, sound like a cool band name). I will bring it back. (provided this question hasnt been asked)

What if that idiot Imperial officer would have shot the droids' escape pod just in case with or without life forms aboard?