Create a Villain Theme Team!

BoloOfEarth

Re: Create a Villain Theme Team!

I always knew that Aquaman never gets no respect, but when I discovered I had some kinda mutant control over the sea, including not just fishes and dolphins and whales and stuff, but also I can generate waves and a few other cool water effects, I thought it was still kinda cool. And I thought, maybe I could avoid the Aquaman curse as long as I came up with a name that didn't sound anything like his. So I wrote down a bunch of ideas, picked one, and then went out to steal a shipment of drugs coming in on the docks.

When I crashed that wave over the boat and had that guard stuck in a waterspout, man, it was awesome! But then I made the mistake of trying to brag on how big and bad I am. "Behold the power of... " And then I got halfway through the name I had picked -- Seamancer -- and drew a blank. "... Sea... man..."

I've tried to correct it since then, but not only does everybody keep callin' me Sea-man, but they smirk and say it quick enough that most of the time it sounds like "Semen". You can't get no respect if people are saying, "Oh, no! Here he comes" and then start crackin' up, like I ain't never heard that one before. So that's why I ended up in Rough Sects. Hey, at least it's better than ol' BJ there. Poor guy, he gets all the "sucks" and "blows" jokes. Glad I'm not him.

What would you wish for yourself if you found a magic lamb? One soon to be vilianess choose "unstopable Teleportation", "Superreaction" and "Reviving with a poof in the next save place whenever I die". She was certain that she got the material for a long lasting and successfull vilian career.

Problem was: This Djinn, hearing on the name of Ken'jussuf, was not supposed to grant evil being wishes and got problems because. So he decided to take it out on the one person responsible.

When the great villianess made her first enterance, he dropped a "piano out of thin air" on her. She instantly revived, saw the djinn and was rolled over by a bus out of thin air. One short delay, a poof and back again. Just in time for the train out of nowhere...

At some point of the sequence a reporter was close enough to hear a muttered last breath "damned... Ken...". But he instead relayed "she calls herself Ken". To wich one bystander just answered: "You killed Kenny, you bastard!"

She got the Djinn of her back but not before he gave her a curse of dying. And so she dies. In every frigging fight at least once. Preferebly in front of a camera and in a Willi E. Coyote way. Needless to say, she tires to get the curse of her. And preferebly a global memory wipe for her current name. Or that Southpark character.

(This is Nr. 6 but have nothing. Somebody else can do, but we can also continue with this).

Ok, for the last team member.

What happens when your father is a Dr. Blanks, who is a urologist with a warped sense of humor? Yep. He names his son Phiren Blanks. Obviously, poor Phiren had bullying trouble. Although, he always wanted to be called "Kevin" but the first day of class when the teacher read roll call? Yep, it got bad. Well, eventually the younger Blanks with an extreme chip on his shoulder would go into the military. A place where he exceled. Becoming a highly skilled Army Ranger. Unfortunately, his short fuse developed over his younger years got him into much trouble. Becoming sort of a "in case of war break glass" type of guy. Eventually, he would be discharged (barely avoiding dishonorable discharge). Well, his skills led him to the field of assassin/hitman. Unfortunately, still reeling over his dismissal, he poorly chose his code name.....Discharge.

Ok, for the new team. I was thinking of this team being a hero team, but it can go either way thanks to the theme.

New Team: The Freemason Elite

membership: 8

Theme: Everybody thinks the Freemasons are some kind of conspiracy organization bent on taking over the world. If they only knew the truth. The Freemason (or at least the faction the Elites belong to) are actually in charge of a terrible secret. An ancient ancestor of the order discovered how to connect this world to the Edomites. These 8 are charged with keeping Luther Black and DEMON from discovering the secret. Note: Villains in that everyone gives them a bad rep. And, they tend to be an ends justify the means type of group, and will take any means necessary, or make any sacrifice to stop that terror-filled scenario. Which all results in them having to occasionally fight heroes

Honest Freemasons will tell you that their tradition is not ancient or even truly medieval, at least not provably so; and that the idea of their organization dating back to the building of Solomon's Temple or of the Pyramids is at best a wistful legend that has more metaphor than likelihood to it.

Perhaps so; but behind the legend is a Truth, and there is a real spiritual entity that inspired both the modern order, and its ancient counterparts.

In this age, that entity has been given expression in a physical form. As a member of the Workmen

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/80447-Create-a-Hero-Theme-Team!/page55

he guides that group, among others, in the performance of the Great Work of defending Creation's architecture against the forces that would undermine and overthrow it. He creates and maintains structures (both physical and social) that serve obvious mundane functions for the good of all not in spite of, but rather (as the enlightened understand) because of the fact that their true purpose is metaphysical: to reinforce and fortify the Work of the Great Architect of the Universe.

The most mysterious member of the group is Mason. Apparently composed of living stone and able to manipulate stone' date=' metal, and similar inorganic substances, Mason built the group's base and occasionaly contributes funds in the form of gems or ore retrieved from deep underground. Mason often repairs buildings and infrastructure after superbattles and other disasters, even if the Workmen weren't involved, and makes a point of refusing payment for such repair work. He will, however, sometimes either charge or ask for future favors in return for creating new structures or tunnels, or for assisting companies engaged in such business as prospecting, mining, or oil exploration - but never charges what he could, and only works for companies that place a premium on both worker safety and protecting the environment. Such favors and connections may be why, despite being a member of the Workmen and often expressing solidarity with the working class, he seems to have a lot of friends in high places who sometimes turn out to be handy.[/quote']

Or there might be another explanation for having contacts and friends everywhere.

Even the Workmen sometimes need to pull strings when investigating things like organized crime or proving that a given company is a VIPER front - or just plain crooked one way or another. Mason is also able to merge with stone and pass through without creating a tunnel.

As a member of the Freemason Elite he uses the name Stone Ghost and manifests a grimmer, more angular and less graceful appearance - when he appears visibly at all. More often he is merely the sinkhole that opens to swallow a particular armored limosine containing a celebrated heir whose unsavory activities only come to light posthumously, or the hidden structural flaws that result in the collapse of a building being used as a temple of rituals best forgotten, or the convenient passageway found into a hidden vault or supposedly secure bunker.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary refrains from spoiling it by commenting on it.

There's a reason why the Shriners were founded by a medical doctor, and a reason why their network of hospitals specialize in treating burns.

The reason is that the spirit who inspired them had once lived as a monastic chirurgeon who not only tried to awaken Europe to the virtues of Arabic medicine and wrote a treatise (now lost) on the treatment of burns, he also preached the healing power of laughter - preached in vain to a medical establishment more inclined to believe in the Theory of Four Humors than in the benefits of a Sense of Humor. He was burned as a heretic for suggesting that celebrating and rejoicing in God may be an effective treatment even for the burns of hellfire, and that the folly of the Fallen - attempting to oppose Omnipotence - was too absurd to be seen as purely tragedy and should properly be laughed at as a kind of Divine Comedy. Most unforgivably, he had succesfully performed an exorcism by mocking and laughing at the possessing demon. He laughed again at the stake as flames consumed him.

His link to the physical world is a tassel that was once the end of the rope belt to his monastic habit, and now adorns the fez once worn by the founding Shriner, Doctor Fleming. When the fez is worn by someone initiated into the Shrine, the Shriner is able to commune with their inspiring spirit; and that spirit manifests fully if the appropriate face paint is applied.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/80447-Create-a-Hero-Theme-Team!/page49?highlight=clown

The Shriner always wears a different outrageous costume with each appearance, and his physical build changes too, but the fez is always the same and the make up is always the same so it's the same clown each time.

Besides being able to take blows and blasts that should be dangerous or even lethal and turning them into harmless pratfalls, and some degree of super strength (as long as it's funny) the Shriner's major power seems to be Healing. He is often found helping injured or endangered bystanders.

When appearing as one of the Elites however, the same entity conceals the fez in a turban and uses a different face paint pattern and manifests as Mocking Fool usually called just Fool. Someone making a KS or PS roll pertaining to clowns at -6 might sense a subtle similarity in the patterns despite their apparent difference, a fact otherwise only available to those with far more esoteric skills or perceptions (such as Science: Sacred Geometry along with Lightning Calculator to see the fundamental connection symbolically and mathematically.) The Fool has all the abilities of the Shriner plus immunity to all fire (especially of demonic origin) and if subjected to klepotic or unholy forces has the ability to "return fire" i.e. to reflect such attacks to their originators.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says, really Lucius? Two recycled characters in a row? Is this a joke?

Master of the Lodge

He controls the access to and from the lodge. He settles the day to day things like money. He arranges for the bodies to be disposed of. He maintains that women are not members as they are the ones generally used for sacrifices and thus the security of the Freemason Elite would be jeopardised if it had women members. He maintains links with the outside in order to study who is and is not a threat. He is aware of various villain groups such as Infernal Affairs and the danger they pose. Also of individuals like The Thief of Everything and its colleagues. He ensures the veil that hides the Lodge is intact and that its members are safe. He lays out false trails for DEMON to follow and for Heroes to thwart them. If people die as a result then this is to be expected and encouraged as it will give both sides reason to exist. He is the Master and he has a smile for you and a plan to use you against the forces of evil or at least your life force whether you consent or not.

I am an old man..call me Master Shadowall. I serve this order in the only way I can...to strengthen the walls which seperate us, living sacrofices must be made. Thay use to wall people up when creating buildings in hopes that the ghost would protect the building. Later on, masions would ceramonly trap a persons shadow for the same job, but without the bloodshed.

But now, the seals are weakening. Real blood, real souls, must be used to close the doors. DEMON wants to open theas doors. What is the lost of a few, compared to eveyone?

But I am an old man. Powerful in magic, but my time is soon up. Who could take my burden?

For the benefit of others here is the wikipedia link on Freemason officers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masonic_Lodge_Officers

Tyler

Ordinarily the Tyler in a lodge protects the lodge with a drawn sword preventing those who do not have the requisite requirements from entering further. But the Elite's Tyler is often dispatched to kill someone who could potentially reveal the secrets of the lodge. He assists Master Shadowall and the Master of the Lodge in keeping the lodge running and of getting the necessary blood or getting rid of the bodies. Supposedly this Tyler was a mercenary who saw something he was not supposed to that DEMON was up to and came into the lodge that way. Regardless he is good with a sword and ruthless. He has killed members of DEMON and other Freemasons who came too close to the truth. It does not matter whether someone is innocent or not. What matters are the results. And that comes by any means necessary.

Litax

Leo Taxil perpetrated the Taxil Hoax which supposedly linked Freemasonry with devil worship. One of the elite took a derivation of the name and became Litax. This identity is used to destroy people and keep tabs on the enemies of the lodge. Litax particularly attacks those with faith as this will either strengthen them for the fight to come or destroy them before they fall to DEMON. Litax also feeds details to certain criminal groups who will then exploit someone before DEMON can. This has lead to a few deaths and his name is cursed by lots of people for it.

Thanks be, DeathTrible, for the link.

Almoner is the mystical healer of this lodge, makeing shure the wariors of the fath are strong enougth to face DEMON, and that Master Shadowall lives long enougth to pass on his knolage to a worthy aprentes of high magical apatude. He does not, and will not heal eveyone with his magic...only the worthy members of the lodge.

He also sees to the physical and spirital well being of all "chosen ones" who's souls are worthy as sacrofices to strengthen key places agains Endimite intersions, at least till the ceramonie begins and the sacarfice dagger plunges.

Well, the tribble's link to the masonic officers gives me an idea (Director of Cermonies/ritualist)

The mysterious man known only as Enoch has become a valuable member of the Elite. He has become a talent at wielding magic via tatoos* on his body. He came to learn from Shadowall though the master seems to have no desire to take him on as an apprentice. Enoch seems to have a faintly British accent. Which is the only clue to his origin. Surprisingly, he wasnt too disappointed at not being taken on as an apprentice, and has taken to perfecting his own magic. He seems rather zealous in the war vs. DEMON.

*Influenced from watching too much Fullmetal Alchemist. For some reason the alchemists in the story make me think of the masons.

That' date=' I think, is about 8. But I am still unshure if the two...entities should realy be considere members.[/quote']

Well, that would be for Lucius to call. (I lost track of the # anyway). In any case I believe you posted the last other than me. So, you can pick next team.

Then I am going to sergest Agents of T.H.O.R.N.. The eight agents have no superpowers (but might have special equipment), and asist the Bondsman and the Literatie in there tasks. The list of stations your created villian might fill are:

1) Secretary with a sexpun name,

2) "Number Two", who takes cair of day to day functions of the group,

3) Mad scientist,

4) Pet migite or pet albino,

5) Head assasion,

6) Pet Rushen or Chiniesperson,

7) Pet ninja,

8) Bodyguard,

9) The, if it flys, floats, or drives I can piolit it person,

10) Head of spying/misinfomation,

11) Pet twins,

12) Animal trainer.

Have fun, and be sterotypical, for all have been created by Fiction Maker for his amusment.

Miss Laid

Susan Laid is the secretary and is referred to as Miss. So apart from the obvious missing items jokes there is the suggestive surname and whether her parents thought of calling her 'Often'. She is good for distraction and her body has been known to melt an incoming agent in their tracks. If asked what her preference is she will just smile suggestively and raise an eyebrow.

2) "Number Two", who takes cair of day to day functions of the group,

9) The, if it flys, floats, or drives I can piolit it person,

Jon Lu, known as Number Two, is an excellent organizer and has a photographic memory. The second son of a Chinese ambassador, Jon grew up in the shadow of his big brother Su, who was a fighter pilot and eventually ended up being an astronaut in China's space program. Irritated with always coming in second, Jon defected to the West and fell in with THORN.

You can imagine Jon's disgust when his brother (booted from the space program for something that wasn't his fault) also defected and was recruited into THORN despite Jon's strong objections. Now going by the codename Helmsman, Su Lu is the team's chief pilot/driver no matter what the vehicle.

Jon Lu' date=' known as [b']Number Two[/b], is an excellent organizer and has a photographic memory. The second son of a Chinese ambassador, Jon grew up in the shadow of his big brother Su, who was a fighter pilot and eventually ended up being an astronaut in China's space program. Irritated with always coming in second, Jon defected to the West and fell in with THORN.

You can imagine Jon's disgust when his brother (booted from the space program for something that wasn't his fault) also defected and was recruited into THORN despite Jon's strong objections. Now going by the codename Helmsman, Su Lu is the team's chief pilot/driver no matter what the vehicle.

He might also fit in with #6 as well.

oops, just noticed you got both brothers. Still either one can be #6.

Clarence

Nothing is known of Clarence except his first name. That and the fact he is an albino with ninja skills.

Bet you didnt think about combining #4 and 7 did you?

Note: He also tends to wear ninja outfits nearly everywhere. (though he probably stays "hidden" in public, and might escape notice with high stealth) Generally concealing his albino skin. THough his eye color might still give that away. I leave his nationality purposely open. But, he might not be from a nationality that typically names their kids "Clarence".

3) Mad scientist,

5) Head assasion,

12) Animal trainer.

Bet you didnt think about combining #4 and 7 did you?

I'll see your 4+7 and raise you a 3+5+12.

Bruce Queensbury was born and raised in Darwin, Australia (in the Northern Territory), the son of an often-absent father and a somewhat-loony zoologist mother who often took young Bruce along on expeditions to study various animals in Australia's outback. He had the misfortune of being present when one of the (many) poisonous creatures native to Australia gave Bruce's mom a fatal bite. He was fifteen at the time, and the incident left him mentally scarred for life.

Bruce's father took a short leave of absence from his job to arrange his wife's funeral, and then when he went back to work he began taking Bruce along on his work travels. It didn't take long for Bruce to learn that his dad wasn't an import/export merchant after all, but was instead a contract killer for an organization known as THORN. After the two of them talked it over, Bruce agreed to some... unique... schooling (B&E, disguise, weapons training, etc.) with the intent of following in his father's livelihood. He also excelled in sciences, specifically genetics and bioengineering.

Shortly after Bruce's graduation from college, his father was killed on a job by a target's bodyguard. Bruce approached THORN with a proposal to take over his father's work, but with his own unique twist.

Bruce specializes in killing targets using deadly animals, either those natural to the planet or ones he has bio-engineered to be deadlier than normal. He has used everything from snakes and spiders to, in one interesting case, a Bengal tiger. (The police are still trying to figure out how that tiger got into a 14th-floor hotel room.)

Taking his codename from his hometown, Darwin has killed dozens of targets, all by animal proxy and no two in the same way.

The head of the spying and misinformation network is actually an android. Li R was an accident waiting to happen. An android that was built to be the perfect man when all the complexities of human emotions and logic were fed into it, the poor thing had a breakdown. While it was being examined someone was reading spy stories and hard boiled pulp detective stuff online. The computer interface locked into the android's brain and a download occurred. The android rebooted and assumed that the book was reality and so fled. It came to the attention of THORN where it became first an information resource and then head of spying and misinformation. The android wears a fedora or trilby and an overcoat whilst acting like Bogart in a detective movie. It even will try and smoke and drink even though it does not need to.

Nikolai Kreshnov, aka Dermis, is not most people's image of a bodyguard. This is mostly because he's a midget, much shorter than the Bondsman, and has some colorful and intricate tattoos. He gets along well with Bondsman, mainly because despite the tatoos he looks like a miniature Oddjob and even wears a razor-edged bowler that he throws with keen accuracy.