Create a Villain Theme Team!

BoloOfEarth

Re: Create a Villain Theme Team!

the Twins are conjoined and are Su Chee and Suts Yu. They are the general dogsbodies of the organisation except when they come under attack and then they can seperate and fight intruders or whoever. After which they rejoin. No-one can quite tell how this is done and it seems to happen out of everyone's sight.

It has been conjected that there is a command for the split such as 'This is a THORNy dilema' or 'Conjoined Twins power activate'.

Also the powers seem to be different each time. Even martial arts styles.

That's 8.

New team: REBRANDED. This is what hapens when focus groups and consultants get in on the villain game. In order to make some existing villain stereotypes or just the villains temselves more relevant to (any) audience, they get changed for the 21st Century. So take 6 villains and put them through the retbranding/retconning method to form a new dynamic team.

"Yeah, I used to belong to a fun group. We spent a lot of time pulling pranks and generally clowning around, but all good things end. I was having a little fun in Vegas when it all went down. (That's probably what protected me -- y'know the saying, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.) The way I understand it, some lawyer/writer guy was behind my friends' disappearances, though I still haven't been able to locate them. And every time I try to get my hands on that Long fellow, it seems like every freakin' hero in the universe comes down on me.

"Anyway, I used to be called Trump Knight, but people kept associating me with that The Donald tool, so I decided it was time for a change. Got some advice from an independent consultant, he said I should repaint my armor dark gray and add a shield with my new logo. He also suggested a name change, though I'm not 100% sold on it. I mean, what kinda name is Twilight Knight? Sounds like I can't make up my mind whether it's day or night. And then Mr. Consultant starts spreading rumors that I'm secretly a vampire under the armor. Said it'll increase my Q-rating in the 15-25 year old market. That's when I bashed him in the skull with my mace. I'm already starting to regret this whole thing."

'Well this is obviously a Demon and this is so Medieval and Dungeons and Dragons Nerd. We want to make him more up market so first let's ditch the posing pouch and get him some decent clothes. Armani would be a good bet here. The flaming sword. Health hazard lets drop that. And the whip. Too much like Balrog in Lord of the Rings so drop that as well. Now Balor sounds East European and so let's drop that into the think tank and put the names they come up with through a focus group and play it from there. Hmm. We need to drop the wings. Too much of a dragon vibe. And the horns. Let's curl them instead. The cloven feet will have to go and we'll put him in $1,000 Italian ones. Now he's strong enough to beat up people in a fight and has some energy projection so that's the powers taken care of. There, how's that ?'

The first thing that Strate will do (and if you laugh he will kill you) is kill the wizard who got him into this. Then bring him to life and kill him again. And again. Then the focus group and the think tank. And finally the consultants. At least his colleague is someone who can be worked with.

Ok. Lets get this over with.

My old handel was Kawai. Look, I was a teenage japanies girl with blond hair. Yes, it was natural. Now thay want me to die it black...or dark brown. 'The anime look is getting old'. Thay don't mind the psychic powers, but the school girl fuku had to go with the name. Now I wear buisness dresses. My villian name. Thay came up with Powermind. Why not come up with something japanies? I'm japanies.

As for my orgin, thay keep it. And my boyfriend...there working on him as we speek.

"I dunno what the big deal is, they done me a real favor. Look, I never got no respect, no matter how hard I tried. I would tell everyone how great I was, and how tough I was, and at the end of the day, I was always a laughingstock. Then I got this image consultant, right, said he'd done this kinda work before. So, now I'm not Bulldozer anymore. Got my tattoos removed an' ev'rything. I'm taking elocution classes now, but the instructor says it'll take a long time to see real progress. Least I can pronounce 'elocution' now. And, yeah, I'm supposed to stop hittin' on ladies during jobs, and stop callin' people wimp or egghead. My PR guy says that looks real bad. I gotta think about my image now.

"Like the new look? Don't be fooled. I'm still Dozer-strong under these fancy threads. But the threads themselves? Dig it, feel this material. Looks like Italian wool, feels like steel wool, amiright? Actually, it's got this stuff called na-no-tubes in it. Means its bulletproof, just like me. Not because I need the protection, but just so I'll look as good after the fight as before. Just like the tie, the shirt, everything. Looks sharp, right? Hang on, I gotta put on the fedora for the full effect. How about it, eh? And, I got these neat knuckle-dusters. Titanium-iron alloy, strong as all hell. I hit as hard as Ironside now, even Ogre. Sure, I miss feeling some wimp's ribs break under my knuckles, but it's part of my new image. It's all about Kneecapper now."

Call me Nightwolf. Hear me howl.

Like the new costume? As bullet resistant as the old, and flat black now with a wolf-mask.

Black gun too. And look at the caliber on it. Shoots mini-grenades the size of eggs. Some explode into strong gluey nets, some explode into gas or obscuring smoke, some just explode.

And I can fly! Nightwolf can fly!

But Nightwolf is for a limited time only. People will wonder where the old me went. They'll wonder what scheme or plot took me into hiding for so long. They'll eventually be clamoring for the return of the most charismatic villain ever to show up a swell-headed so called hero or commit crimes of such outrageous daring as to astound the world. Then I'll make my comeback.

It's all part of my Master Plan.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromeday says hush, don't tell who it really is - that might spoil the Plan

Call me Nightwolf. Hear me howl.

Gee, wat dis brown n someding costume eyes found in da trashcan. Niftie pingpong'un ta. Prehaps eyes should use zit un rob n kill, un all the zeros lookie fur Foxbat when eye um de one doing zis.

It's all part of my Master Plan.

And this is the danger of following fads, like rebranding yourself...someone might get the ideal of trashing your reputation when your not doing anything to defend it.

(I diden't mean for this to be a member of the group, but if he is, then his 'name' is Falsebat, for that is what he is.)

Gee, wat dis brown n someding costume eyes found in da trashcan. Niftie pingpong'un ta. Prehaps eyes should use zit un rob n kill, un all the zeros lookie fur Foxbat when eye um de one doing zis.

And this is the danger of following fads, like rebranding yourself...someone might get the ideal of trashing your reputation when your not doing anything to defend it.

And this is a twist I hadn't thought of.

Lucius Alexander

Putting another hump on the palindromedary and rebranding it as a backandforthtrian

"Actually, Zen Scorpion wasn't all that bad a name. It's just that with Zen Team retiring all those years ago, it didn't have the resonance once I got out of prison.

"Advances in technology made it possible to alter the look of my armor, and enhance its protective qualities even further. Plus, I no longer rely on only scorpion venom, but can make any sort of poison I desire with my onboard synthesizer. (I do, however, stick to ones I've made myself immune to. I'm not stupid.) I'm used to reinventing myself, so becoming Deathsting was right up my alley. I didn't do half badly with my consultant, but I understand some of the others want to kill him, and it's no skin off my nose."

New team: 6 members.

Background: On a parallel Earth, apes did not evolve, and the primary sentient races are variations on equines. Some horses have superpowers that they use for good or ill, and these six are definitely bad horses. But their limitations made them less successful than they liked on their homeworld, so they've hopped the dimensional express to Champions Earth to try their luck. Beware the One-Trick Ponies!

Details: Each of the horses has *one* superpower, which is fairly limited. For example, not general super-strength, but "super strength, only to lift things." Thus, they rely heavily on trained teamwork to pull off their crimes. (All horse breeds are okay, not just actual ponies.)

Mister Dread is his name to fame. What can Mister Dread do? Well, he CAN talk to you, but so can ALL the members of One-Trick Ponies. No...Mister Dread is a mutant horse of his world who can generate a wave of fear of himself in eveyone around him. It is something which radiates, so he can't chose who is afraid of him or not. That is, of course, a double edged spiked war horseshoe (what the ape-evolved would call a sword, in effect), for it can cause flight, or it can cause fight.

I'm going to say "normal" breeds only, with unicorns and pegasi being mutations. (A "power" that can be simulated by wearing a helmet is indeed a bit lame.) They do have access to their homeworld's technology (which is at Champions Earth level despite the "no opposable thumb" thing.)

When the One-Trick Ponies reached Earth, one of them in particular was ticked to find that the apes had already mocked his power. Everywhere Corral runs, the earth reacts, shooting up walls of solid stone behind him. And the monkey-men keep comparing him to the light-bikes from Tron. In combat, this lets him protect his teammates, cut off enemy escape, control the flow of battle, and make good the One-Trick Ponies' getaway plans. Also, it helps pin the monkeys in place for Mister Dread's fear aura, which is always a bonus.

(rejected ideas include Trigger, who can set off explosions in his vicinity, and the Invisible Pink Unicorn, with a prosthetic horn and the ability to turn invisible and pink at the same time. Free to a good home!)

I'm going to say "normal" breeds only' date=' with unicorns and pegasi being mutations. (A "power" that can be simulated by wearing a helmet is indeed a bit lame.) They do have access to their homeworld's technology (which is at Champions Earth level despite the "no opposable thumb" thing.)[/quote']

The reason why? Simply this...while the apes of there world have yet to evolve, thay can, as slaves, be instructed to put things together in a certan way.

Thats right...the apes are slaves. Deal with it.

I don't want to dominate this team, but with the ideal of One Trick Ponie rading the Champions earth for slaves, and the need to travel (plus the herding abilities of Mister Dread and Tron) beged to have something to corral them to.

Portanino is a beutiful young palimino phillie and scientist who first discovered the Champions Earth in about the same time a great plauge whiped out most of the ape-slave cast on there Earth. Now, she uses a device which alowes her to open a portal between Horse Earth and Champions Earth. With the rest of the One Trick Ponies driving the primates into the portal, thay will be rich beyond there wildest dreams. Thay will never be without alphalpha and apples and cubed suger ever again.

(I diden't mean for this to be a member of the group, but if he is, then his 'name' is Falsebat, for that is what he is.)

I think making him a member of the group is brilliant. Of course, it probably means immediate combat between Nightwolf and Falsebat.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary asks if I reputized you for that. Did I yet?

Carrier

This horse is one who can either take transported goods or pull them via a cart. However this is mitigated by the fact that the fewer horses around them, the less they can carry. Carrier hates it when the others try to create a stampede as it means they are going to try and cart away an entire building.

New Team: The Dark Illuminati

This is like the regular Illuminati only much more evil. They have their evil influence in the banks, the press, TV, the police, religion, organised sports and Fishing to name but a few.

Your mission should you choose to accept it is to detail either a main member of the group, a second tier member of the group, a servant like a lawyer, someone they have created or someone they have employed to do their work. Minimum 5 members.

They use magic or technology to get what they want and or acutely aware of DEMON, the Circle of Scarlet Magics, the Vandeleur and Sylvestri families and The Coastguard.

Nickolass H. Scratch is the groups astrominer and demologist. He and his agents manipulate the paper and for pay astrominie racket to manipulate the gulliable to do things there way. If you don't beleve in free will in the first place, manipulation is easy.