Amalgamated Champions

quozaxx

Re: Amalgamated Champions

Wow, I never even thought of that one... Good.

Of courae, that's another tough part of attempting such a campaign - there can be multiple combos between several characters.

The only solution that I can think of is transplanting them into my UNITY campaign.

Of courae, that's another tough part of attempting such a campaign - there can be multiple combos between several characters.

The only solution that I can think of is transplanting them into my UNITY campaign.

Multiple combos is a "problem". (On this sight alone there are 3 Spider-mans, 3 Batmans, and 2 Penguins) Especially if deciding to run such a campaign. You don't want to overstep any player's creativity, but you don't want to overrun your campaign with 12 Batmans either.

Multiple combos is a "problem". (On this sight alone there are 3 Spider-mans' date=' 3 Batmans, and 2 Penguins) Especially if deciding to run such a campaign. You don't want to overstep any player's creativity, but you don't want to overrun your campaign with 12 Batmans either.[/quote']

A campaign with 12 Batmans... Now that sounds interesting.

I don't know - all batman, all the time, could be fun.

We actually played a game (dubbed "slasher world" by the players) where the 4 players all (independently) made regenerating characters with HKAs. We had the regenerating gadgeteer Kestrel (my character who was basically a wolverine/batman mashup) whose signature weapons were high-tech tiger claws, Tigra (regenerating tiger-girl with claws) Tasmanian Devil - a more or less direct Wolverine ripoff with pop-out claws and The Black Cossack - a more or less direct Highlander ripoff. No claws but he did have a sword. :)

It was a blast, even if the commonest piece of dialogue was "I stab him".

As for Mashups, I've always been partial to:

Catman: Bruce Kyle - a wealthy, vaguely androgynous socialite, who dresses as a cat and fights crime to avenge his parents' death in a dark alley. He supports himself by robbing other criminals :)

cheers, Mark

Sailor Moon + Man-Wolf=Moon-Wolf: Col. Jameson discovers a ruined city on the moon and an artifact there-in curses him to change into a super-powered wolf-man to fight life-force vampires plotting to invade and conquer the Earth.

Mind Mistress + Professor Xavier=Head Mistress: Super intelligent telepath Charlotte Lyons founds a school for superhumans. Her secret is that she uses other people's brains to boost her own intelligence. Without them, she's mentally handicapped.

Doctor Light+Nightshade=Doctor Nightshade: A genius who has developed technologies to create areas of darkness, and serums that turn people into pseudo-werewolves and vampires under her control, she's plagued by the ghost of her first victim.

Fu Manchu+Lex Luthor= Doctor Lu: Corporate master of a coastal city that used to be a European possession, the nigh-immortal Doctor Lu has successfully turned it into a futuristic wonderland so profitable that he is almost entirely autonomous from the central government, a law unto himself, and from this base of operations his power continues to grow as he works toward replacing the Chinese government and making China the dominant power in the world. But at the same time he is distracted by the random interventions of an enormously powerful hero who disrupts his schemes...

The Juggler (Joker+Bullseye) -- this assassin-for-hire comes with a list of psychological disorders a mile long, and a kill record even longer. When his skin turned a chalky white and all his body hair was seared off by a chemical bath early in his criminal career, something deep in the psyche of this circus performer snapped. With self-inflicted scars turning his face into a perpetual manic grin, The Juggler is a lethal combatant with any sort of item that can be lifted and thrown; when he first showed up on law enforcement's radar he tended towards non-lethal weaponry (especially his balanced juggling pins, and occasionally an accurately flung cream pie), but as his clashes with superheroes continued, he grew darker and more lethal.

Not a cross-company amalgam' date=' but in a pbem post-apoc Marvel game, I'm playing Master, an "offspring" of the Venom symbiote with The Leader. Scary.[/quote']

Thank you for the "quotes" on offspring, because the thought of a non-quotes offspring is revolting.

Thank you for the "quotes" on offspring' date=' because the thought of a non-quotes offspring is revolting.[/quote']

In 2012, foretold by the Mayans to be the end of the world, an element of its destruction may have been created. The Venom symbiote briefly bonded with Sam Sterns, a/k/a the Leader. In a battle with the Hulk, the symbiote was separated from Sterns, but a section of the combined creature detached and escaped. Now 18 years old, it has inherited its "father's" intelligence and the symbiote's shapeshifting ability.