"Crumbling Carrots, we've been animal-morphitized!"

Hermit

Nighthog looked down on the streets below Menagerie City's Renaissance Center; the gleaming technopolis was abuzz with its usual night sounds. The city's porcine protector ham-radioed to the others, "All clear here. Anything on your end of things, Duckfender?"

Elsewhere, over the Theatre District, the metal clad mallard answered, "No fowl play here either, Nighthog. That doesn't mean much, if Doctor Dogtoyer is in town, he's got a thousand ways to hide."

Meanwhile, in a tree in Mammal Park, Witchcat wondered if she'd need to get back up. Sure, she could just fly down, but she had made the mistake of looking first. Well, at least Witchcat had a good view of the area, she decided to call in, "Hey guys? I'm at Mammal Park, nothing here but trees and statues." Her whiskers twitched as she spoke.

"That is well," IronConch replied, the crab like alien patrolled the northern part of the city, its heavy shell threatening to dig a trail in the concrete. "I still do not understand why he would return? Did he leave something here when he destroyed Dogroit?"

"Let's hope not," Duckfender quacked his response, "If he did, this city could be built over a ticking time bomb. Calf-fire, report."

"All's clear amigos,"Calf-fire's lulling voice oooed and mooed on her cowmunicator, "Afraid the docks are quiet as a churchmouse, quieter even.Wish K9ek was able to help."

"You realize what this means?" Nighthog's snout twitched with frustration.

"Yup," Duckfender agreed before the thought was even spoken, "He's gone underground all right."

And deep in the shadowy under udder of what had once been Dogtroit, Dogstoyer yipped his curse, "Curses! I had hoped the source of this anoymoly was ruffly here, but no trace. Am I the only one who sees how reality has been tampered with again? Whoever did this will pay, mark my tree, they will pay." The pug-nacious professor of peril tripped over another rock, causing his heavy helmet to flip him over.

"They'll PAY!" His howls of fury (or is it furry?) echoed.

So, what would your characters be like if they were done in a Captain Carrot and the Amazing Zoo Crew Style? :)

Originally posted by Monolith

Hermit, you have way too much time on your hands. :)

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Too bad you are not playing in my game. :)

Ah shucks, thanks.

Still, no transition for your characters? No "Monowhale" or anything? :)

(EDIT: Hmm, maybe Monolark... keep the L part that way)

posted by FenrisUlf

You mean someone still actually *remembers* Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew?

You mean there are those that DON'T?

Oh poor lost generation....

;)

Originally posted by FenrisUlf

You mean someone still actually *remembers* Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew?

Yup, I do...I remember it quite fondly, actually.

As a matter of fact, about 6 months ago the PC in my solo Champions game (based in the Legion of Super-Heroes universe) was dimension-hopping, and ended up dropping into a Fuzzy Animal version of the Legion. We had:

Legion of Super-Animals:

Real Name Hero Name Animal
Rokk Finn Cowsmic Boy bull
Imra Sardine Saturn Gull seagull
Garth Razz Lightning Lark lark
Luornu Purr-Go Replicator Rabbit rabbit
Reep Wiggle Chameleon chameleon
Grim Allon Colossal Boar boar
Squirrel Docks Brainy-Quack 5 duck
Lar Sand Mon-Eel eel
Jo Knaw Ultra Bear bear
Thom Kallor Star Fish starfish
Salu Dig-Me Shrinking Violet flower
Jan Baa-rah Element Lamb sheep
Ayla Razz Light Lark lark
Wingya Wazzo Phantom Gull seagull
Duck Morgna Sun Bear bear
Woodchuck Taine Bouncing Bunny rabbit
Tenzil Phlem Matter-Eater Goat goat
Purra Nal Dream Grrrrl cat
Val Armor-dillo Karate Kid goat
Prohawktra Princess Prohawktra hawk
Panda Nolan Iron Horse horse
Tasmia Mammal Shadow Lassie dog
Condo Saltlick Chemical King of the Beasts lion
Brin Lobo Timber Wolf wolf
Drake Burrow Wildfryer chicken
Dogstar Dogstar winged dog
Blocade Blocade elephant
Croc Foccart Invisible Squid squid
Hissa Nal Snowmage cat

Legion of Substitute Heroes:

Real Name Hero Name Animal
Brek Bannin Polar Bear polar bear
Staq Mavlin Firefly firefly
Drura Sehpt Infectious Rat white rat
Ral Benem Chlorophyll Kid kudzu vine
Peter Dursin Porcupine Pete porcupine
Dag Wentim Rock Dove pigeon
Ulu Vakk Color Kid goat
Lydda Jath Night Owl owl

They ended up fighting off an invasion of Earth by Pulsecat Stargrave and the Duck Circle.

Oh...the name of my player's character? Hidden Dragon! Fits right in, doesn't it...? :)

The problem with "what animal would your character be"...

...is that in my case, the answer would be, well, human. There isn't really an animal that corresponds particularly well to deep spirituality, the soul overcoming everything imposed upon it, the need to reconcile freedom and loyalty, or any of the other Big Ideas my character is about to my knowledge. Of course, human would at least be a change from being a human-looking robot, if not a glaringly obvious one... -- Pteryx

Originally posted by winterhawk

Wow, Dr. A, someone said Hermit has too much time on his hands. Converting the whole Legion is pretty impressive. Reminds me of when they did the crossover in Captain Carrot with the JLA - Justa Lotta Animals!

Yup! As a matter of fact, I was thinking of that crossover when I did this. I didn't bother to list ALL of them, either...I also did the dead, retired, honorary, and so forth members...Dog Vidar, anyone? :)

• 3 years later...

Re: The problem with "what animal would your character be"...

...is that in my case' date=' the answer would be, well, human. There isn't really an animal that corresponds particularly well to deep spirituality, the soul overcoming everything imposed upon it, the need to reconcile freedom and loyalty, or any of the other Big Ideas my character is about to my knowledge. Of course, human would at least be a change from being a human-looking robot, if not a glaringly obvious one... -- Pteryx[/quote']

Uhm, it's not about that. It's about making a pun out of a character name, like Goose Rider or Captain Mare-Vell or Green LanTern (I know there was a Green Lambkin, but I like mine better) to make a Captain Carrot/Spider-Ham style parody character.

Unfortunately, since 99 percent of my characters are already anthropomorphic animals, I can't participate meaningfully. :)

Re: "Crumbling Carrots, we've been animal-morphitized!"

Wow, dunno. Maybe also some kind of bird... my basic powersuit guy is based on 3rd Ed. Blue Jay after all. Hmm, was "Steel Hawks" the cartoon that followed after Thundercats? Something like that, but without the fake bluegrass...

Re: "Crumbling Carrots, we've been animal-morphitized!"

Wow' date=' dunno. Maybe also some kind of bird... my basic powersuit guy is based on 3rd Ed. Blue Jay after all. Hmm, was "Steel Hawks" the cartoon that followed after Thundercats? Something like that, but without the fake bluegrass...[/quote']

Silverhawks is what you're thinking of. I don't have enough time to go ito the suck of that show.

Peace