Take a Teammate to a Movie

Pariah

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Take a Teammate to a Movie

On Breakfast at Tiffanys: Love it. Moon River is an awesome theme! As to everyone being a whore: a girl/guy has gotta pay the rent somehow. And at least in the movie Holly comes back. The book has a less happy ending.

Knight Rider, would suggest Tampopo. A Japanese movie about life, love, death and the pursuit of the perfect noodle. Warm, life affirming funny and sad. Great movie for someone who needs a bit of a lesson in why humanity is worth fighting for.

Dark Star isn't much of a movie goer. Having been a high-flying, career obsessed lawyer and now an acutely depressed PTSD sufferer he hasn't seen many movies. He'd scratch his head for a while and eventually come up with something like Cabaret or Dancer in the Dark. "They're musicals. Should help with your mood."

Bolt - He'd choose something life affirming with epic battles. Probably a LOTR marathon or at least ROTK. Next choice, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. They all live, but are forever changed. Would he hit on her seems to be a question raised by many responders. If Bolt is dating anyone else, not a chance. If he and Nicci are splits at the time, if she is dropping clues or seems receptive, he'll try to hold hands or put his arm around her. Kiss goodnight is the hard limit.

Garret - Doesn't believe in the power of premonitions. He'll actually find a Rutger Hauer movie. Blade Runner would be perfect, and its one of his favorite movies. No hitting on her at all. He's mid-40s and devoted to his wife, even if they are estranged.

Smokeater I am pretty much exempting as he played in this game :)

Black Cat - being serious and studious herself would likely take her to Saving Private Ryan - showing that what one person's death can accomplish for others. Although as she had died and come back from it, she would talk about that with her too.

Sift - Wizard of Oz. Light movie, classic, and has a message about not giving up when things look too bleak.

Terminal Velocity - He wouldn't know how to relate to this person - but he'd pick the avengers. Or something like it. Big summer blockbuster that looks amazing on the screen. He's a teenager.

Meeb - The Blob. Of course.

Knockout would care less about the actual movie but would take her out for the whole movie experience, soda's, popcorn and candy.

Magi Princess Bride more than likely if not he might go for an old classic like Casablanca

You know what I find most interesting? The number of heroes that would try to hit on her . . . without having any idea what she even looks like. :think:

She is the girl that is supposed to die trying the world. Also she is a women with magic based superpowers. The laws of dramatic and comic books say she must be attractive.

She is the girl that is supposed to die trying the world. Also she is a women with magic based superpowers. The laws of dramatic and comic books say she must be attractive.

Okay, that's a reasonable explanation.

Yeah' date=' for every female super hero that's rendered hideously ugly by her powers, there are about 20 that look like fashion models. And [i']zero[/i] that look like a soccer mom you'd run into down at the local pharmacy.

Aaron Alston's P.S. 238 had Ms. Kyle aka Mighty Mite, who looked exactly like what she was, a elementary school teacher. She could pass for a soccer mom.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43082[/ATTACH]

You know what I find most interesting? The number of heroes that would try to hit on her . . . without having any idea what she even looks like. :think:

Let's see...auburn hair, green eyes, an outfit in various shades of purple (or amethyst)

that looks really good on her...is that about right?

Major Tom 2009 :sneaky:

Nightscream would either take her to whatever seems good at the theater, as an earlier poster mentioned, for the experience, the feel of seeing a big movie with a big crowd, that unique energy, as well as the obligatory soda, popcorn and candy. Since he's seriously pining after his high school best friend-turned single mother stripper, he wouldn't be hitting on her.

If it was movies at home. . . Shawshank Redemption perhaps, explaining to her sort of what it's like being in prison. Star Wars Saga is a gimme, if they can squeeze the whole thing in (yes, Prequels to.) Princess Bride is another obvious choice. The Fifth Element is another favorite movie of mine, and a good fit for where this character is in her life, excellent suggestion by the original! Along a somewhat similar theme, Repo! The Genetic Opera. While I (and Nightscream) have a taste for somewhat offbeat, sometimes dark movies, he'd want to show her something happy, uplifting, demonstrating the best of what humanity can aspire to. Galaxy Quest may be perfect.

Fist-Man: Not a movie buff, would just see what's showing, ask around for recommendations, and then just pick something. Unless The World's Fastest Indian was showing. He'd take her to see that just because he knows he'd enjoy it.

Bob Tiger: He'd show her Miracle at Morgan's Creek, and The Human Comedy.

The Cat Without a Name: "Are you kidding?" (Pronounced: "Meow?").

Lance O'Bannon, The Singing Cowboy: Unfamiliar with movie entertainment, he would look for something you could take the whole family to. If this request was after his ascension to near-godhood, he would take her to a different dimension that had lots of movies available to see and let her pick something she might like. Afterwards, they would return to the exact time and place (perhaps a moment later than) they left.

Well, my initial answer is what *I* would do, now let's see what my characters would do...

Shadow Hawk has been on missions that he thought were hopeless (suicidal), and knows that kind of attitude leads to failure and death. He would pick a movie that's 'a Triumph over impossible odds' in a attempt to get her in the right frame of mind for the mission. How about "The Last Starfighter".

Goliath... why would she be talking to a 7'2" 500lb blue monster with the mentality of a happy 3 year old? He'd want to go see "Cars".

El Mago, being a billionaire playboy Spanish nobleman would pick something romantic and probably European or foriegn. "Like Water for Chocolate". Being a playboy, he would watch for the signs that she was open to his advances, being a gentleman he would not act unless he saw those signs.

Steel Panther, being a tech geek, would choose science fiction. The new "Star Trek" would be right. Being a teenager, he'd also be likely to try holding her hand or something.

The Eagle is a 29 year old black man in 1960 NYC. He's over-sensitive about racial issues, and wouldn't want to give a random bigot offense. He'd suggest that she ask someone else.

"They call me Mr. Tibbs" would be a good one. It is a about a black man teaching in 1960's London.

Yeah' date=' for every female super hero that's rendered hideously ugly by her powers, there are about 20 that look like fashion models. And [i']zero[/i] that look like a soccer mom you'd run into down at the local pharmacy.

Some Soccer moms can look pretty hot.

I don't really a have character since I never get to "play" Champions. If it was me I would probably do the Star Wars thing and since no one else has mentioned it I would definitely show her some Three Stooges shorts, the Moe, Larry, Curly team just because everyone should watch the Three Stooges before they die.

"They call me Mr. Tibbs" would be a good one. It is a about a black man teaching in 1960's London.

Excuse me, but I think that the film you're describing is To Sir, With Love. The movie that you mentioned

was more or less a sequel to In The Heat of the Night, which also featured the character of Detective

Virgil Tibbs.

Major Tom 2009 :cool: