In other news...

tkdguy

good for him.  

It will take a LOT more money though,     I wonder whether it would be cost effective to build a ship with a plastics recycling plant on board?   

Though the varieties would be so mixed, it might be better to use them as some kind of fuel, if the fumes could be cleaned enough. 

Combine both?

I'd like to be wrong, but I don't think his idea is going to work. Much of the plastic in question is suspended in the water column; it doesn't necessarily float at the surface. Even if it did, the surface in the central Pacific often has enough wave action to circumvent a boom anyway.

I'd like to be wrong, but I don't think his idea is going to work. Much of the plastic in question is suspended in the water column; it doesn't necessarily float at the surface. Even if it did, the surface in the central Pacific often has enough wave action to circumvent a boom anyway.

probably true, but I suppose any start is good...   maybe not efficient, but good. 

Then the Air Force bragged about how they found it. Now ISIS knows to practice misdirection.

Looking at it from another angle:

1. The smart ones do practice misdirection. This was a dumb one.

2. The Air Force benefits from the PR.

3. There will always be a few dummies to catch for PR.