Arena: General Discussion

Logan D. Hurricanes

"There she is!" Cheers rang out at the table at LAUGH HQ as an iced up Mary Marvel came in trailing snowflakes.

"We sure it's her under there?" Hawkeye asked, "She looks like the abominable snow man."

"She does not," Star Sapphire said gently, "But let me get some of that off you." Violet energy danced around the younger woman and she was soon cleaned up.

"Here," Nightwing said, offering Mary Marvel a cup of hot coco, "You kept us in the running."

"Thanks," Mary took a sip and smiled at the marshmellows bobbing about on its surface, "But she was tough. I almost didn't make it. Also, she seemed kind of nice."

"She did," XS assured her, "did you get her autograph? I love that movie. I'm taking a copy back with me to the future for the Legion archives."

Mary winced, "oh, sorry, I forgot to ask."

"It's okay," XS shook her head not worried, "You had more important things to do, and you did."

"You did well," Black Crow agreed, "I wish I had done better in my own fight so you could have finished it up for us, but the Thunder God is powerful and loved."

"I could have told you that, Jesse," Hawkeye smirked, "Why he's almost as popular an Avenger as me."

"Uhm, Mr. Popularity?" Nightwing remarked to Clint, "I remind you, we lost our round."

"Yeah yeah..."  the archer shrugged, "Frankly, I blame Hermit. Last  season I was a tag team champ practically."

Maxima took a drink from her own glass,  and nodded to Mary Marvel "I couldn't have done better myself, well, I could actually, but I'm told saying that is the Earth custom. Regardless, well done."

"Gee, thanks," Mary Marvel said using her magical wisdom to fight the temptation to roll her eyes.

"We aren't celebrating too soon are we?" Star Sapphire said, "Not to be a downer, but tonight is going to be tough I think. BB&B is tough, and Hermit has managed to annoy some folks."

"Hermit finds a way to offend good folks by putting his foot in his mouth?" Hawkeye said, "Must be Thursday."

"Be nice," XS said, but smirked.

"You have a point, Carol," Nightwing considered, "We could lose , but you know what? Whatever happens, there have been some fun times."

"Someone's feeling smug about beating his old mentor," Hawkeye grinned.

"Don't know what you mean," Nightwing's own smile widened just a bit then.

"I got to see Bouvet island, not sure I'd been there before," Aquaman mused.

"Bobbi did a good showing, nice to see her again even if it was mostly as a spectator," Clint looked wistful.

Star Sapphire patted his shoulder, then smiled, "I love Hal a lot, but it was nice to strut my stuff without being in a Green Lantern's comic for once."

"Try being an unknown C lister sometime," Black Crow gave a deep chuckle, "Whatever they may think of me, many at least now know of me."

"I have been amazing in ways I hadn't have the chance to be amazing before," Maxima  said after much speculation.

"And I'm sure you learned a lot from your defeats," Mary Marvel said sweetly,  earning a sour look from Maxima before the girl went on , "I mean, didn't we all?"

"Some lessons I could do without," Hawkeye groaned at the memory of some lumps, "Still, not bad for an ex side kick, two stalkers...."

"Ex Stalkers!" Star Sapphire and Maxima said at the same time, then blushed.

"Ex stalkers...," Clint smirked, "Grown up sidekicks, C listers, and overly energized teenagers. Not bad at all."

"To us!" Nightwing raised his glass.

"To us!" the other members echoed, glasses cups and mugs clinked.

Pardon me, I've been good. Thanked folks for their votes, thanked our Commish for his hard work, and shown much respect to Lady Pariah for her challenge.

Log is (I hope) taking a nap and will finish up ceremonies and other formalities later this weekend.

So now I'm just going to play a little 'yay' music to celebrate. I thought about "We are the Champions" but too predictable...and that's not fitting in my own particular...

what's the word, Spock?

"You wish me to say 'idiom' so you can indulge in some over used Monty Python sketch, don't you?"

idiom! Yes!

"Please, if you return next season, I earnestly ask you stop using me like this. It's not logical, and it forces me to deal with violent emotions considered best left unexpressed among Vulcans. ...such as the urge to strangle you."

Get in line, Spock!

Now, we hit the music and celebrate my idiom! Errr victory!

Hermit's reckoning will come eventually! I have been saving up for a blowout sale next season. Now I simply must bide my time and pick my cast for season three.

La Rose.

Well, I'm not sure I'll be doing season 3 as I may take a break. It's fun, but stressful sometimes and I'm not sure competition brings out the best in me so I'm considering a rest where I'm just a spectator.

On the other hand, depending on when season 3 is, I may feel rested up enough (and have a clear enough slate) that I'll risk it again, but even then I'm likely to do it under a different label than LAUGH. I might even risk a theme.

Well, I'm not sure I'll be doing season 3 as I may take a break.

But... but... MY REVENGE! Would you be so cruel and calous as to deny me my revenge?! Evil I say!

That said, I can't imagine we will even get started with the next one until after the start of next month. So we should all be able to get a break so we can go enjoy the superdraft.

If you decide to not join next time, please consider donating some points to my Super Pack - The "Rose for Supreme Chancellor" Association.

La Rose.