Arena: General Discussion

Logan D. Hurricanes

Well, I'm not sure I'll be doing season 3 as I may take a break. It's fun, but stressful sometimes and I'm not sure competition brings out the best in me so I'm considering a rest where I'm just a spectator.

On the other hand, depending on when season 3 is, I may feel rested up enough (and have a clear enough slate) that I'll risk it again, but even then I'm likely to do it under a different label than LAUGH. I might even risk a theme.

Oh, come on, Hermit. It wouldn't be the same without you. You dominate this league, like the Azurri, Dallas Cowboys, Steinbrenner-era New York Yankees, Man U, Bobby Clarke-era Philadelphia Flyers. . .

. . .I'm not helping, am I?

Oh, come on, Hermit. It wouldn't be the same without you. You dominate this league, like the Azurri, Dallas Cowboys, Steinbrenner-era New York Yankees, Man U, Bobby Clarke-era Philadelphia Flyers. . .

. . .I'm not helping, am I?

As I am a Bronco fan, comparing me to the Cowboys is definitely not helping. I may have to go to confession and say 3 Hail Elways

But... but... MY REVENGE! Would you be so cruel and calous as to deny me my revenge?! Evil I say!

That said, I can't imagine we will even get started with the next one until after the start of next month. So we should all be able to get a break so we can go enjoy the superdraft.

If you decide to not join next time, please consider donating some points to my Super Pack - The "Rose for Supreme Chancellor" Association.

La Rose.

They say it's good to quit when you're on top, but I shall certainly consider it. It will get some changing if I do come back though

Heck, while we wait for Log, I may even put up a quick poll on what my new team name and direction should be.

Ladies and Gentlebeings, thank you for a lively and successful Season 2 of the Arena Games. Congratulations again to our back-to-back champions! :cheers:

oIP8glu.png

We're going to take a bit of a break before contemplating Season 3. I need some time off, and I need to meet with the competition committee about possible changes.

13011782.gif

For my two cents: We have traditional drafts scheduled for June*, July, and August over in NGD. I'd be okay with waiting until the end of summer to start Season Three.

*You have until June 9th to join in on Sociotard's Archetypes Superdraft. It's gonna be a blast!

Speaking of scheduling, I think it would be a bit of a mistake to try and match up the Arena Games to the Superdraft for a couple basic reasons: The Superdraft isn't really going to be taking long breaks anytime so we can't really fit a two month Arena in the middle of two other Superdraft events, and since these are suppose to be separate entities it makes sense to run them on their own schedules. While I personally enjoy the Arena quite a bit I only have a mild interest in the Superdrafts, which is why I haven't joined in on them until now. 

To me I think the Arena games would be best served if they occur three times a year. We could have Season 2, 3, 4 this year, then seasons 5, 6, 7, next year and so on. That would mean we start up a season on say Jan first and run it until the end of Feb. Then take a two month break and start the next on May first and run for two months and then take a two month break, etc. This should keep things regular without becoming too frequent as to burn people out too quickly. Since we just finished up this season at the start of June. Why not just take June and July off. Then starting in August we do the draft. Mid August we start the regular season. And then in Mid September we start the finals and aim for a September conclusions. That would mean draft season 4 would start up at the tail end of November or start of December (and we take appropriate holiday breaks). 

La Rose. 

Next season all the arenas will be fun to say: Okefenokee, Saskatchewan, Cucamonga, Timbuktu, Micanopy, Albuquerque, Truth or Consequences, Cincinnati, etc.

Palus Putredinis on the Moon

Eos Chaos on Mars

Humptulips, Washington

Wagga Wagga

Walla Walla

Pago Pago

Ailinglaplap

Dnipropetrovsk Oblast

Tonantzintla Observatory

Point No Point

Llantwit Major