Arena Games Season 2-Draft Thread

Logan D. Hurricanes

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team Nietzsche selects a certain someone who defines the very concept of amorality and not being beholden to traditional definitions of good and evil:

Purple Man (Zebediah Kilgrave)

2230176-zebediah_killgrave__earth_616_.j

PS - The web claims David Tennant is being cast in this role.  The character was voiced to slimy perfection in animated Avengers by Brent Spiner (Lt. Commander Data).

Team Nietzsche selects a certain someone who defines the very concept of amorality and not being beholden to traditional definitions of good and evil:

Purple Man (Zebediah Kilgrave)

2230176-zebediah_killgrave__earth_616_.j

PS - The web claims David Tennant is being cast in this role.  The character was voiced to slimy perfection in animated Avengers by Brent Spiner (Lt. Commander Data).

Now I want to see someone draft Jessica Jones.  That would be a fun match.   :bmk:

Round 6: Colour round

Black Canary (Dinah Laurel Lance)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Canary

Black-canary---dc-comics.png

Damage Incorporated is: The Hulk (Bruce Banner), Hercules (Marvel), Martian Manhunter, Dr Doom (Dr Victor Von Doom), Batman (Bruce Wayne), Black Canary (Dinah Laurel Lance). 

PM sent, apologies in advance to Lady Pariah but I felt my 'sausage fest' needed a lady. 

Grrr....Arrrggg....  Good thing my backup hasn't been chosen yet.  I was actually having a hard time deciding between them.  So I guess you sort of did me a favor.  Don't let it happen again. :tsk::winkgrin:

Maybe a little late, but for those still struggling, a helpful page from TV Tropes:

Color Character

You're welcome.   :thumbup:

I'll have to check this out.  A bit late for me but you know how I like researching characters!  I also discovered this color guide last night. I already had Golden Girl and Black Canary on my short list.  But I still found it interesting. :D:thumbup:  :cool:

While enjoying a lazy Tuesday afternoon and cooking my only ramen allotment for the day a puff of smoke appears next to me. "Yes, Kurt? Did you come for my famous instant ramen noodles?" I joked. 

"No, Rose, I wanted to talk to you about the other teams." Kurt responds

And in a moment of tinging pain "Yes, I know they have heavy hitters but we will diversity and skills. And the crowd loves underdog stories." I respond outloud secretly whispering to myself "I hope..."

"No, no, no. Not that. I have faith that we can do this. No, everyone else seems to be getting theme songs" Kurt responds with a smile and a half chuckle. 

"We do too, ya know."

"Yeah, our team does, that is for sure. But I am talking about individual ones. It would help us stand out even more and sway the masses to us. Nothing like an anthem" Kurt offers up. 

"Yeah... About that. Do you know how much it costs to license music for these kinds of events? I had to take out an extra title loan on my car just to get Monster Mash. And that one was cheep." I say while pulling my nearly ready ramen off the heat. "Can you grab a bowl for me?"

With a quick "Sure" Kurt reaches his tail over for one of the bowls I have drying in the rack. "Look, I know it must be hard but think of the benefits. It will energize us and bring in the crowd."

Thinking about the possible rewards I find myself enamored by the idea of pulling in the crowds with catchy theme songs. "Yes... Yes, this might just work."

"So, it is a plan, then?" Kurt asks

"Yes. I will license out some theme songs... I mean, I don't really need to eat everyday, right?" 

---

Monster Mash is now proud to announce the first round of Theme Songs for our team:

Nightcrawler: 

I look over at Kurt "I thought a motivational and slightly religious song would best fit you."

With a look of pleasant surprise Kurt responds "Yes, this sounds great!"

"Fight on Warrior!" 

Groot & Rocket Raccoon

Head cocked with a look of puzzlement, Rocket looks at me, "What is this? I mean, sure, the cinematics are nice but what is with that song?!"

As Groot peers closer at the video he simply smiles and in true Groot fashion responds "I am Groot."

"What? You like this? Really? Look pal, I don't know If I can go on stage with this kind of music playing."

"I am Groot"

After a quick nod of approval I say "He has a point, Rocket. You have been outvoted 2:1. The song stays."

La Rose 

The next two to come soon.

With untold glee in my heart I call up Mystique. "Hey, Mystique..."

And as if on cue she interrupts with a snarky "What, Rosie?!"

Holding on to my happy spot I simply take a breath. "You know what, I am going to let that slide. I was talking with Kurt a bit ago and he thought we should get theme songs for each character. Something about building up the team moral and crowd support. 

In her usual sardonic tone she responds "Go on." 

"Well, I just finished picking everyone on the current roster's theme and I think you are going to get a real kick out of yours." I continue. 

"Okay, what is it? Just skip to the point."

"Oh, no. I think you should see it for yourself. It is a full on masterpiece of a song custom tailored for you. Just come on over."

A couple hours later the group is assembled. 

Addressing everyone present I keep a close eye on Mystique. "Okay everyone, so as you know I am unveiling everyone's theme songs today. I regretted not having everyone present for Kurt, Groot, and Rocket's song but I will fix that with Mystique's and Godzilla's. So please have a quick view of Mystique's new theme." And I press play on the PC.

Mystique:

Riddled with anger Mystique can't even finish the video as she storms over and grabs me by the collar. "What is the meaning of this, Rosie!?" But without waiting for a response she delivers a strong and hard knee to my side. 

"I said you get a real kick out of it, didn't I?" as I begin to cough up some blood. "Now, feel free to call me Rosie all you want." I quip with a bloodied grin. 

--

Taking a moment to clean my lip and start breathing normally I move over to the computer. "Now it is time for Big Green himself"

Godzilla:

"Just look at those dance movies!"

"SHREEEOOONGK!"

"Glad you like it, Big Green!"

La Rose.

With untold glee in my heart I call up Mystique. "Hey, Mystique..."

And as if on cue she interrupts with a snarky "What, Rosie?!"

Holding on to my happy spot I simply take a breath. "You know what, I am going to let that slide. I was talking with Kurt a bit ago and he thought we should get theme songs for each character. Something about building up the team moral and crowd support.

In her usual sardonic tone she responds "Go on."

"Well, I just finished picking everyone on the current roster's theme and I think you are going to get a real kick out of yours." I continue.

"Okay, what is it? Just skip to the point."

"Oh, no. I think you should see it for yourself. It is a full on masterpiece of a song custom tailored for you. Just come on over."

A couple hours later the group is assembled.

Addressing everyone present I keep a close eye on Mystique. "Okay everyone, so as you know I am unveiling everyone's theme songs today. I regretted not having everyone present for Kurt, Groot, and Rocket's song but I will fix that with Mystique's and Godzilla's. So please have a quick view of Mystique's new theme." And I press play on the PC.

Mystique:

Riddled with anger Mystique can't even finish the video as she storms over and grabs me by the collar. "What is the meaning of this, Rosie!?" But without waiting for a response she delivers a strong and hard knee to my side.

"I said you get a real kick out of it, didn't I?" as I begin to cough up some blood. "Now, feel free to call me Rosie all you want." I quip with a bloodied grin.

--

Taking a moment to clean my lip and start breathing normally I move over to the computer. "Now it is time for Big Green himself"

Godzilla:

"Just look at those dance movies!"

"SHREEEOOONGK!"

"Glad you like it, Big Green!"

La Rose.

I don't think Godzilla counts for this round...