Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

Simon

2 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

... As our current Prime Minister's late father, and former PM, famously said, "Living next to you is in some ways like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and even-tempered is the beast, if I can call it that, one is affected by every twitch and grunt."

I hadn't heard the full quote before, though I knew who said it.

4 minutes ago, DShomshak said:

My family used to visit Canada each summer: Kye Bay, on Vancouver Island. I'd like to visit there again. But I'd never want to go to Toronto. Too many vampires.

Dean Shomshak

EK4DvWjWwAc_Zr-.jpg

Tangentially, I was near Belle Isle. Every time someone talked about it all I heard was 'Belial.' 

7 hours ago, Pattern Ghost said:

Thanks,Ranxerox. I see where our opinions diverge. I don't believe that anyone knocking on someone's door should have a gun directly pointed at them without first identifying them as an imminent threat to life or limb. The law agrees with me on that point. So, the police identifying themselves properly is a moot point. That said, let's agree to disagree on that detail.

Yes, but if he realized that it was the police on the other side of the door, he likely wouldn't have pointed a gun at them and would still be alive.  Still, I am happy to agree to disagree.

24 minutes ago, Logan D. Hurricanes said:

Oh, are you not rooting for the Bengals anymore? 

Hide contents

Arrested Development Flirt GIF

I'll thank you to keep this conversation focused on silly, frivolous topics like politics, religion or social issues and stay away from deadly serious discussions like the NFL or which  Kardashian is the most talented.

Edited by Starlord

3 hours ago, Starlord said:

I'll thank you to keep this conversation focused on silly, frivolous topics like politics, religion or social issues and stay away from deadly serious discussions like the NFL or which  Kardashian is the most talented.

You're a Bengals fan.  That means you can't be serious about your football.

NYT is reporting that tracing digital evidence, Airman Texeira's leaks go back to the very start of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/21/us/politics/jack-teixeira-leaks-russia-ukraine.html?campaign_id=190&emc=edit_ufn_20230422&instance_id=90806&nl=from-the-times&regi_id=101745266&segment_id=131066&te=1&user_id=618f95a4931087ea799b0e9f4a9d3344

Apparently some of this may have been posted from *inside* the SCIF where he worked.  If this is the case, then I suspect some security people are going to be fired.

13 hours ago, unclevlad said:

NYT is reporting that tracing digital evidence, Airman Texeira's leaks go back to the very start of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/21/us/politics/jack-teixeira-leaks-russia-ukraine.html?campaign_id=190&emc=edit_ufn_20230422&instance_id=90806&nl=from-the-times&regi_id=101745266&segment_id=131066&te=1&user_id=618f95a4931087ea799b0e9f4a9d3344

Apparently some of this may have been posted from *inside* the SCIF where he worked.  If this is the case, then I suspect some security people are going to be fired.

I swear, if a Russian honey pot offered him nudes...