A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

So... this is odd.

My stepbrother's ex wife died in an accident yesterday.

Betty was always really cool. I mean when she came into Jeff's life he was so happy and she was a great sister in law to me and my younger brother. They were married for 17 years.

But...she tore his heart out. Cheated on him, brought her boyfriend/drug dealer to their house on occasion. Lied to him for years. Yeah, she had a rough life but I never saw any indication that she was capable of the hurt she laid on him.

He moved on and Remarried last year, but he's pretty devastated, he really loved her.

I'm sad... but ... not upset.

Do you want the good news, or the bad news first? This being my family, the bad news came first.

The bad news:

My sister is getting deployed to Afghanistan.

The good news:

My sister is getting married to a rather well-off young man she's liked since she was in the sixth grade (before she knew about the inheritance).

i just came back from watching Culann's Hounds in San Rafael. They put on a kickin' show as usual.

I really think the accordionist might like me.

Let's see if i can get up the balls to ask her out this weekend.

(BTW, to all you Bay Area Folk... they're playing at Blackthorn Tavern in SF on Sunday at 5 PM. If you come you can meet me... I'm usually the skinny guy in the leather pants dancing and chatting with the band. PM me for details if interested)

(p.s. Gary, I'm looking at YOU!)

I don't write to my LJ blog anymore, using it only to participate in certain communities. So I was a bit surprised to receive a comment on a very old entry.

"Subject: Idetrorce

very interesting, but I don't agree with you

Idetrorce"

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, especially since there was nothing to disagree with. Curious, I went searching for a profile for this Idetrorce. Apparently, it's a spambot of some sort that hit tons of blogs over the weekend leaving the exact same cryptic message with no links or information at all. Weird. :stupid: