A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

if Superman is powered by a Yellow Sun' date=' shouldn't that same Yellow Sun de-power Green Lantern? ;)[/quote']

...The comics show that it has to be an actual material object, but it would be hilarious if the sun and any yellow flashlight de-powered Green Lanterns. You could do an awesome "Stuperpowers" game with that.

Dictum on Maimonides (Moses b. Maimon): "From Moses to Moses there was no one like Moses." It remains true today. Its not that 800 years after he's death he's become contemporary. He remains lightyears ahead of the frum world today. He's the product of a dreamt of future.

I've been humming an old folk song this morning:

Vem kan segla förutan vind

Vem kan ro utan åror

Vem kan skiljas från vännen sin

Utan att fälla tårar

Jag kan segla förutan vind

Jag kan ro utan åror

Men ej skiljas från vännen min

Utan att fälla tårar

I guess I'm in a slightly blue mood.

I feel the need to spew random thoughts onto a public board from time to time so I thought I'd start up a thread to do it. Of course everyone else is welcome to spew here also--the only rule is that you cannot reply to someone else's post. Each post should have as little to do with the others as possible.

And every once in awhile, the first post needs to be repeated for those that haven't seen it.

One month ago today, the snow from SNOWMAGEDDON finally stopped falling. We've had a few weeks of unseasonably warm weather, and good sunshine. And yet, there are still places with piles of snow! Yeah, they aren't very big anymore. But still... damn... that was a lot of snow.

I'm in the process of optimizing the Arutz Sheva facebook account. One of the first steps: clean up an account that's been left fallow by the person who is theoretically watching it for a great many months. I logged on.... 15,632 unread emails. Facebook only lets you delete 20 at a time. 6,439 to go...