A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

My depression usually first manifests as general lack of interest in things. I spent most of the weekend doing Nothing. That's capital N nothing as in actively doing Nothing and not merely the more passive not doing anything. I want at least two more days of it, too. I'm starting to get good. Sometimes I fantasize about being back in the hospital with nothing to do except lie there and recuperate. Then a nurse would come in every so often to give me something good through the IV.

Ah the Bittersweet feeling of finishing a game. 

Bought the DLC for Dragon Age: Inquisition. Stomped my way through the storyline because I must DO. ALL. THE. THINGS.  and romanced my compatriot with awkward scenes between my dwarf and the human. 

And now I want moar. 

I will give them credit. The Trespasser credits (and there are a LOT) include a voice over by one of the characters rifling through a "romanticized" account of our adventures by one of our party. And she's getting very into it. And it ends with a bodice ripping portrayal of herself which leads to: "That little conniving dwarf! He...he...he put me in the book! I'm in the book! *squeal* I am reading the Sh-- out of this book!"

I'm already planning my next playthrough.

What a lot of drama today! First all the cars passing through the airport kept honking their horns continuously for a minute. Maybe there was a VIP; IIRC Pres. Obama had already left the Bay Area, but I did see a limousine.

Then some idiot got on the bus and decided to stand, despite a number of seats being free. Then he fell when the bus made a turn. Of course, he blamed the driver.

All this was on the way to work today.

Stan Lee is coming for autographs and photos.  I can't say I'm especially motivated to go see him, but it's a big event for the FLGS that was the epicenter of my social life for so many years.  They just moved to a new location, so this ought to draw a few zillion new customers, and it'll be great for their business.  I'm very happy for them.

I made a conscious decision to stop reading newspaper funnies a couple of years ago.  I don't miss them.  I do miss not missing them.  There are still a handful of decent strips out there, but not enough to justify having garbage delivered to my house every day.

Don't get me started on the "news" in the newspaper.