A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

So I have been inlove with this song since I was 8 years old and I woke up one night it was playing on my 8-track player...I'd left it on and fell asleep to a soothing album and the track change noice woke me to this song. I've been a fan of Cheap Trick ever since. I thank my older brother Danny for the 8track recording...

I am listening to it right now.

Stop this Game

words and music by Robin Zander and Rick Neilson

Well I can’t stop the music

I could stop it before

Now I don’t want to hear it

Don’t wanna hear it no more

No more

I can’t stop the music

I could stop it before

Now I don’t wanna hear it

Don’t wanna hear it no more

All I wanna do is stop this game

It’s gonna really end

Stop this game

It’s such a touchy, touchy thing

Hey, livin’ with you

Is all I wanted before

I’ve changed, you didn’t

Don’t wanna see you no more

All I wanna do is stop this game

It’s gonna really end

Oh, stop this game

Well we were walkin’ before we could crawl

And you were lovin’ just emotion just all

It’s just emotion wasn’t music at all

Now I can’t stop the music

Now I don’t wanna hear it no more

No more, no more, no more

Stop this game

It’s gonna really end

Stop this game

I can’t stop the music (stop this game)

I could stop it before (it’s gonna really end)

Now I don’t wanna hear it (stop this game)

Don’t wanna hear it no more (it’s such a touchy, touchy thing)

:rockon:

Gonna be a rough week in our household. One of the Doofus Brothers [that is, one of two large, mellow cats] probably will have to be euthanized. Looks to me like he's got congestive heart failure, but he stunned me this morning by getting up under his own power, drinking water, and asking to go out. I think he hasn't eaten since Saturday, though.

I'm a rocker from way back. Cut my teeth on classic rock: Skynyrd, Styx, Rush, VH, etc. Moved into harder stuff later on; Scorpions, AC/DC, Metallica. Nickelback, Three Doors Down, Crossfade...I do so love a good buzz on my music. I love oldies, Motown and alternative--80's stuff, too!--but I still like a good guitar when I can get it.

But man, some of them country folk can sing!

Dispel Post Padding

I probably shouldn't point this out to Ben, but that's more Suppress than Dispel since it only stops it, not gets rid of what's already done. If he Dispelled it, it would remove the posts made to that thread from people's post counts -- so he'd have to delete the thread or move it to the NGD.

That would be "Dispel Post Padding." :D

My g/f called me. Apparently court was slow, or out, or something (she's a sheriff, works at the juvenile courts), so she and a couple of other guys walked over to the animal shelter, which happens to be one block over.

I’m apparently getting a dog, a female Rott, about 6 years old, super mellow, relatively well-trained (in terms of “sit”, “stay”, etc.; she’s apparently well-behaved). The Rott has a fondness for smaller dogs, probably because she’s born several litters (according to the vets) and was likely used solely for breeding purposes. The Rott stuck her nose up to a cat’s cage and promptly got her nose swatted; she sat down and looked puzzled. That sealed the deal and my g/f laid down the money. But the dog is coming to my house in a couple of weeks (after shots, after getting fixed, etc).

I wanted a dog, sure, but this is rather sudden. I feel a bit like I’d expect to feel if I was suddenly told my g/f was pregnant. Not as poignant, of course, and much milder, but similar. And the dog comes with a 30-day return policy, so I got that goin’ for me.