A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

"We’ve not only criminalized what people think – remember hate’s not a thought, it’s really a feeling – we’ve managed in this nation to criminalize the feelings of people and piggy back a feeling crime on top of an already existing crime. That’s one of the fascist steps that’s been taken.

There are elements frankly of the Patriot Act. While our borders remain open we have a Patriot Act that gives the government power to look at your library record. Now let me tell you something, if you’re a terrorist and we’re relying on the books that you’ve taken out, we’re in trouble."

-Tammy Bruce

I have to catch an 08:10 train tomorrow from Euston to Birmingham (England). This means being at the station by 08:00 and leaving the house at least by 07:20.

It also means that I probably won't be able to post tomorrow either. Then I have to ensure I get a train by 16:30 so I get back into London and home for 19:10 for Bleak House at 20:00. Oh for my endless GA obsession.

And then Saturday is Dragonmeet.

I finally set up a specific spam bucket for "slivicki". It was like getting a whole other person's spam mail. I can't figure out who this person is or why they got their name out there the way they did, it's sort of strange since a lot of the stuff is legit offers. And as far as I can tell "she" ("Susan") is out there still giving this email address out for the sites she's messing around with.

Then again it's also my fault for selecting asterick.com as a domain. But it is the misspelt version!

Oh, and I finally set up a rule to forward that damn guy at asterisk.com who seems to take no responsibility for his 2 or 3 accounts (one's Hilton Rewards, I forget the other(s)) he bungled and keep pointing to my domain. Doesn't help he has a small business and some of his clients can't type in his domain correctly and when I explain to them they've got the wrong address and to send to asterisk.com, they keep sending to the same wrong domain (mine) and saying "I don't understand!" Though that hasn't happened in a few weeks.

Wow, I just realized there's 465 pages (at standard page numbering) in this thread. Cool.

My musing, though, originally, was that I could easily stand a 24 hour Seinfeld channel. And it's amazing how literally there can be a few hundred channels now and nothing I want to watch.

Last night I did a massive straightening up and organizing of OddHat's comic and game books and books and I feel great ! Can't stop looking at how organized and neat everything is ! This morning I dejunked some old jewelry that has been hidden in OddHat's Mom's closet for ten years, kept just the small amount I liked, and now have found all three of my Red Cross gallon pins. It's like losing 100 pounds in just 24 hours ! Woo Hooo ! :celebrate

My latest musing:

Dan and Ben should impose a rotating random NGD ban.

Nothing permanent, nor predictable. Someone rolls a handful of d6 and consults a big chart.

"Everyone whose username starts with the letter N is banned from the NGD for 2d6 days!"

nexus, nolgroth and Nyrath all go "WTF?!"

Ben and Dan cackle to themselves with glee!

At the end of that period, they roll again.

"Everyone with more than 10,000 rep and less than 1,000 posts are banned from the NGD for 3d6 days or until Labor Day, whichever comes first!"

...and so on.

It would give everyone a healthy sense of paranoia, while brightening up Dan and Ben's day once in a while. Plus, think of what fun they could have coming up with the list...

"Any username which conatins three or more different vowels..."

"Mightybec can post nothing disturbing for two weeks, else..."

"Rage must insert a smiley in every post for one week, or else all NZ posters..."

Etc.

Now, I can see how some posters might get caught by several different possible random acts and be forced to spend a month or more out of the warm, moist embrace of the NGD, but, remember, absence makes the heart grow fonder. That poster will have to tough it out in the gaming parts of the forum, while we who remain pine for their return...

...and wonder who will be next to receive the stigma of the haphazard ban hammer!

Sigh. After winning a crushing 11-5 decision in our season opener (despite being down 3-nil early on), Cows of the World, Unite! get squashed by Musical Excuses by a 5-1 score in week 2 of WEFS Season XI. Week 3 has us face another strong opponent as well.