A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

I love the Internet and the souls who put stuff up on it.

I came up with an idea for a group of supervillains who band together and wanted as part of the tagline for them to spoof the tagline from the A-Team.

So I call up google and type in The A-Team and up comes a site with the quote. This took seconds. The spoof wording will take longer but this is just wonderful. I'll post the background in the Champions forum when ready.

I live with land pirahannas.

One of my kittens, Feist, ganked and subsiquently wolfed down about 2/3rd's of a twinky in an amazing dispay of feline rapture. It was like watching a jackal tear apart an antelope.

I cut her some slack... she's in her second heat and is a very frustrated little girl right now.

Andrew Sullivan's Quote of the Day:

"Of all the animosities which have existed among mankind, those which are caused by difference of sentiments in religion appear to be the most inveterate and distressing, and ought most to be deprecated. I was in hopes that the enlightened and liberal policy, which has marked the present age, would at least have reconciled Christians of every denomination so far that we should never again see the religious disputes carried to such a pitch as to endanger the peace of society."

- George Washington, in a letter to Edward Newenham, Oct. 20, 1792.

How' date=' oh how, do you tell someone that the woman that they love, the one on whom all their hopes and dreams have been based and who has returned that love, has just been savaged to death by a pack of domesticated, rabid, demonically posessed pedigree Pekinese ?[/quote']

Or, more speifically, your pack of domesticated, rabid, demonically posessed pedigree Pekinese.

I love my wife. She gave me a rain suit -- both coat and pants -- a while ago, really REALLY nice to have when I do the 35-minute walk between workplaces in the rain.

And, when I get to a destination, the first thing I do is take off the suit. If someone's waiting for me on arrival, my line is, "Excuse me, let me take my pants off and then I'll see you." :D

It is interesting the things that you can find on the internet. While looking for something entirely unrelated I found this. Which is a memorial page that the funeral home that conducted my mom's service put up for her. Didn't even know it was there. Kind of brought home how much I still miss her.

So, my shop was burglarized.

Tonight, someone broke into my cafeteria during closing hours. They forced the iron grating off a back window after climbing to the first floor and crept inside. Judging from the narrow gap, must have been a small and dextrous person, likely a kid. They smashed the cash and several coin-op games and dispensers, plus they stole pre-paid telephone cards and a lot of alcoholic drinks. And a small Coke. Stealing makes you thirsty, I guess. Meh.

EDIT: Burglary, not robbery. Darn moonspeak.

Every time I think I've lost my faith in humanity, something happens to at least give me a thread of hope.

Over the weekend, I was pulled over by a cop. I hadn't seen a "No Left Turn" sign, nor had my navigator, who was peering at a map. Luckily, this wasn't a turn onto a one-way street, or we would've been in REAL trouble.

In any case, he pulled me over, asked how we were doing, and I very meekly admitted we were pretty lost, actually. He told me why he'd pulled me over, my eyes went huge, and I apologetically admitted I'd seen no sign.

He ran the license and registration info, then came back and gave us directions to where we were going.

Now, I realize he was doing his job, but I still thanked him profusely nonetheless. That's not the part that gives me hope, however. The part that gives me hope is that he wasn't so cynical as to immediately assume I was lying about not seeing the sign. I'm sure he's lied to on a regular basis, but he does still recognize the truth when he sees it.

I'm also now confident that Josh's and my state taxes are going to a good cause.