A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

They want the tests run every fifteen minutes and 30 minutes. WHy didn't they write the TCA that way? Writting it as "Pull every fifteen minutes. Test out of every bag and every other bag." You know if the line goes down, we will test every other bag no matter how many minutes are between them.

According to my Weather Widget it is snowing in Denver.

Looking out the window I have realized that using the Weater Station at DIA (about 15+ miles as the crow flies from downtown) is probably NOT the best choice for Denver Weather.

It's far enough out on the plains to have a completely different weather pattern, I don't care if it is technically "Denver" and nowhere near me. In fact to get to DIA (part of Denver City) from Downtown Denver you have to cross at least one other county because that maps all screwy.

Sigh.

It's nice out. really. nice-ish.

"So there are artists who surprise me, but there are none who shock me, and that's because shock is dead. In the seventies I used to cut my head off with a guillotine on stage and people would ooh and aah, it was so extreme. Today you can turn on the TV and see a terrorist with a knife do it for real. When the nightly news is more bizarre than Alice Cooper's imagination, shock is dead." --Alice Cooper

Go! Books about Evanescence (Are not punk rock!)

Guns ‘n Roses watches (Are not punk rock!)

Hello Kitty iPod cases (Are not punk rock!)

Rob Zombie lunch boxes (Are not punk rock!)

Slipknot binder paper (Is not punk rock!)

Tinkerbell pillow cases (Are not punk rock!)

Led Zeppelin air fresheners (Are not punk rock!)

Tupac incense burners (Are not punk rock!)

Hot Topic is not punk rock!

Misfits candle tins (Are not punk rock!)

ICP throw blankets (Are not punk rock!)

Beaded Elvis curtains (Are not punk rock!)

Talking Lambchop plush dolls (Are not punk rock!)

AC/DC hair clips (Are not punk rock!)

Spongebob wristbands (Are not punk rock!)

Sex Pistols boxer shorts (Are not punk rock!)

Disco back catalog (Okay. Maybe that’s punk rock.)

Dischord back catalog (Okay. Maybe that’s punk rock.)

Hot Topic is not punk rock! (Hot Topic!)

Hot Topic is a contrived identification with youth subcultures to manufacture an anti-authoritarian identity and make millions. The $8 you paid for the Mudvayne poster would be better spent used to see your brother’s friend’s band.

DIY ethics are punk rock

Starting your own label is punk rock

G.G. Allin was punk rock.

But when a crass corporate vulture feeds on mass-consumer culture, this spending mommy’s money is not punk rock!

I woke up from a nap this afternoon with an ache. It wasn't a physical ache, but more of an emotional one. As if something had been taken away, I guess. I know I dreamed, but I couldn't tell you of what. All I know is that something or (more likely) someone in my dream made me feel such that when I awoke I felt I was missing something.

It kinda put a damper on the whole day.

Talked to a faraway friend on the phone last night, when the internet was failing to get across sentiments and tone. Discovered our phone card only had 2 minutes, so she called us back on her cellphone, which has free weekends and, obviously, doesn't charge for long distance. She realized she could've been calling us all along, and we all had a good laugh about that.

I really do hope she sticks by the resolve to call us on weekends, at least once a month. Dragon*con only comes once a year, after all, and I didn't realize how badly we both miss her. I'm so much less irrational after a good chat with her.