A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Our neighbors (we live in a duplex) made a snowman with the half inch of snow we got the other day. When it melted some, it turned very dirty and muddy. We've had a few warm days since then, so now we have this half-formed horror of mud, being held together by a few molecules of ice. It scared me this morning on the way to my car.

I stopped into a gift shop yesterday to buy a couple of birthday cards and they had some large (7 - 8 cm) wooden dice on sale. I bought three. I may put a tray on the floor, roll them in that (on the tabletop they're just too big; they'd roll across the table, knock over figures, drinks, etc.) and use them as GM dice.

I just came back from walking near the university campus by my work.

The thing that I really don't get is, when did underwear become outerwear?

I swear I saw two girls wearing blouses with their bra on the outside. When did this become an ok thing to do?

I just came back from walking near the university campus by my work.

The thing that I really don't get is, when did underwear become outerwear?

I swear I saw two girls wearing blouses with their bra on the outside. When did this become an ok thing to do?

That would be 1983, maybe you remember Madonna? :D

http://www.andrewsullivan.com

"Bush has conceded much of the fundamental ground to liberals when it comes to the role of government. Now the argument about governmental problem solving is technical -- 'will it work?' -- rather than principled, 'is it the government's job?'" - Jonah Goldberg, National Review.

Jonah said much of this before the last election. My own view is that this will soon become the conservative consensus, if it isn't already. It will take a generation to undo the damage that Bush has done to conservatism, America's fiscal health, and the whole idea of limited government. My prediction: we will see huge tax increases soon after Bush leaves the scene. He will insist they are a betrayal of his legacy. They will, in fact, be the logical consequence of everything he has said and done. Once they get past their loathing, big government liberals may well look back on the Bush years and wonder at the miracle of how he did what they spent two generations failing to do.