Tech priest support

Lost genre's?

Back in the 1970's, WWII simulation board games were all over the place at hobby stores. I know there were several abortive attempts to make WWII games into RPG's but I don't remember if any of them actually made it to the market.

On 5/13/2018 at 9:19 PM, wcw43921 said:

Comedy seems to be a lost genre with regards to RPGs.  As mentioned earlier in the thread, Paranoia is making a comeback, but TOON?  Ghostbusters?  Teenagers From Outer Space?  Nobody seems interested in thoroughly unserious roleplaying.

Which reminds me of the (funny) animals genre: Bunnies and Burrows, Albedo, etc.

And then there was the religiously-themed stuff like Nephilim and In Nomine.

11 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Archer there is the Weird War series of games from Savage Worlds. They are WWI, WWII and Vietnam Nam. Called weird because like Deadlands, there is magic and monsters in them.

Thanks, that might be what I'm half-remembering.

There was also the excellent GURPS World War II series for GURPS 3rd Ed.

I have all of them, well, all of them that are available in hard copy at least. Don't really care for the GURPS system but SJG makes some of the best sourcebooks out there. Well worth getting a hold of.

On 8/12/2018 at 9:09 AM, Ninja-Bear said:

Archer there is the Weird War series of games from Savage Worlds. They are WWI, WWII and Vietnam Nam. Called weird because like Deadlands, there is magic and monsters in them.

Yes and no.  In Deadlands magic and monsters are a part of the everyday world.  In Weird War the world is semi-historical and the magic/monster part are "military" programs each side uses for advantage whose existance is keep as secret as possible.  Can't panic the civilians can we.  Great settings though.

Don't forget Weird Wars Rome.