2018-19 NFL Thread.

Enforcer84

If law enforcement held it up, then OK.  That's not something they can control...maybe.  My seriously cynical side still says, law enforcement may have not right yet, it's too early, while the investigation on their end was still hot...

Then the Chiefs and the NFL simply never asked later.

It's too much in the interests of the team and league to NOT investigate, that this scenario has to be left on the table.  And why I'll still doubt the integrity of the process.  

So the Giants are still the Giants.  Kick a FG inside 2 minutes to go up 10.  Bears warp downfield for a FG, helped by a roughing the passer...then pull off an onside kick, which is almost impossible.  Then drive right back down to tie it on the last play.

Don't care who wins;  OT is just starting.  That's just the Giants in a nutshell, it seems.

Surprising only for the timing...Packers fire McCarthy.  Next?

I still think it's gonna be Marvin Lewis, and I'll even predict it's after next week...unless the Chargers are beat up after tonight's game.  They have a theoretical shot at a playoff berth, albeit not a practical one with Dalton out, but they have to win out.  8-8 is not gonna make it in the AFC.  

Vance Joseph and Jerry's Boy are safe for the time being.

6 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Surprising only for the timing...Packers fire McCarthy.  Next?

I still think it's gonna be Marvin Lewis, and I'll even predict it's after next week...unless the Chargers are beat up after tonight's game.  They have a theoretical shot at a playoff berth, albeit not a practical one with Dalton out, but they have to win out.  8-8 is not gonna make it in the AFC.  

Vance Joseph and Jerry's Boy are safe for the time being.

I consider Lewis safe until he actually does get fired.  

2015: 49ers finished last in the NFC West
2016: 49ers finished last in the NFC West
2017: 49ers finished last in the NFC West
2018: 49ers are currently last in the NFC West

The Rams have clinched their division.  Only the Raiders and 49ers have been eliminated, at this point.

On 12/3/2018 at 2:12 AM, Badger said:

I consider Lewis safe until he actually does get fired.  

The problem with that is that Hue Jackson is now back here.  At one time, Jackson was discussed as the Lewis's successor.  Mike Brown doesn't make head coaching decisions based on winning, he makes them on his comfort level with the person.  He likes Jackson and would just replace awful with awful.

This could never happen in the NFL...but it's related to the NFL's worst nightmare.  Granted, any form of solo competition is easier to fix.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/snooker/46411743

10 YEAR suspension.  For what he did...heck yeah.  Works for me.  Now let's do this in MLB for PEDs, and I'd even like to see it in the NFL for, say, a James Harrison type who so repeatedly engaged in egregious, illegal hits.  Granted, a 10 year ban in the more intense physical sports comes close to a lifetime ban, and therefore should only be reserved for the most severe infractions, but I'd love to see it on the table more.

All Americans know about the lifetime bans handed out after the 1919 World Series. In that case, the real villains of the piece were the gangsters who offered the money (and threatened those in their sights who didn't take it) and the owners who did not pay any of their players a wage that would cover their costs of living through the off-season.

Pete Rose and pitcher Denny McLain were both heavy gamblers. Rose started making wagers on his own team's games while he was the manager of the Cincinnati Reds, and now he is barred from all official connection to Major League Baseball (including election to the Hall of Fame, of which he is otherwise worthy). McLain ran a bookmaking service on the side during the 1967 season but ran into trouble paying his Mafia handlers. They came to him one night, demanded their protection money, and when he couldn't provide it they broke his foot, knocking him out for the rest of the season. He didn't fix games (at least not in a way that has been detected). Still, his injury left an opening for the surging "Impossible Dream" Boston Red Sox and might have cost his team (the Detroit Tigers) the pennant and a trip to the World Series.