Are we too hard on Wil Wheaton?

Cassandra

"Ah, St. John Allerdyke Smythe III! How do you do, this fine day?"

"I have to say that I have this terrible langour, Algernon Heathcote de la Mezieres! It's rather like my comprehensive oral exam at good old Harvard, the day after the Boat Race!"

"You know, St. John, it's odd that all of the top flight Terran diplomatic team here at the Alpha Centauri trade negotiations have such, well, you know, fancy names."

"Not at all, Algernon! Why, it is a sad truth of the Terran Foreign Service that so many of us have trust fund fortunes. I think it a blessing to the good old  mother planet that so many of us are drawn to public service, rather than wasting away in idleness, spending the fortunes our ancestors earned!"

"True, St. John! Why, there is no credit to me in the vast fortune in Paris-area real estate gathered together my distant ancestor, confidante of kings and Marshal of France."

"No, Algernon, nor in my great-great-grandmother, who did spit-takes opposite Jim Parsons on network tele-vision at the turn of the 21st Century."

Well, I enjoy BBT.  The 1st season was hit and miss, but seasons 2-6ish were some of the best sitcom efforts I've ever seen.  They really focused a lot on gaming, superheroes and sciencey-stuff the most during those years.  The 'Justice League Recombination' is perhaps the funniest episode and is probably a top five all-time TV episode for me.  After Amy and Bernadette became regulars they have shifted away from 'nerdy episodes' too often, but I've still kept watching because its solid comedy and I love the characters.

Honestly I remember being on 4chan and being a Goon, and thinking trolling hilarious. I was wrong.

Yes we've been too hard on the guy, the cruelty he's been exposed to for so long is a perfect reason to give up on social media. It's sad, because social media contributes a lot to what makes him a bankable nerd celebrity. I think he will return somehow in about six months. 

P.S.when I met him he was nice, personable and a little shy. 

2 hours ago, Rage said:

Honestly I remember being on 4chan and being a Goon, and thinking trolling hilarious. I was wrong.

Yes we've been too hard on the guy, the cruelty he's been exposed to for so long is a perfect reason to give up on social media. It's sad, because social media contributes a lot to what makes him a bankable nerd celebrity. I think he will return somehow in about six months. 

P.S.when I met him he was nice, personable and a little shy. 

Rage sighting! How long has it been? 

15 hours ago, Starlord said:

Well, I enjoy BBT.  The 1st season was hit and miss, but seasons 2-6ish were some of the best sitcom efforts I've ever seen.  They really focused a lot on gaming, superheroes and sciencey-stuff the most during those years.  The 'Justice League Recombination' is perhaps the funniest episode and is probably a top five all-time TV episode for me.  After Amy and Bernadette became regulars they have shifted away from 'nerdy episodes' too often, but I've still kept watching because its solid comedy and I love the characters.

Agree, but go me The Zarnecki Incursion as then TBBT went full circle.