Happy Star Wars Month!

wcw43921

Honestly, if were up to me, May would be proclaimed Star Wars Month. Not only was George Lucas himself born on May 14th, but the first six movies were all released on May 25th of their release year--same date as Solo: A Star Wars Story will be released.

May the Force be with us all throughout the month of May. And Thank You Always, Mr. Lucas.

• 2 weeks later...

In the continuing celebration of Star Wars Month, I ask that you all note that today (May 14th) is George Lucas' 74th Birthday.  In addition to viewing any of the Star Wars movies, it is also nifty to view THX-1138 or American Graffiti as a way to celebrate the filmmaker who changed just about everything--even if it was pretty much by accident.

Still, I wouldn't have it any other way.  And if I had the chance to say it to his face, I would say--"Thank You Always, Sir."

I hope you all would say the same.

My daughter was married this May 4th.  When she first told me, I asked if it was going to be a theme wedding, and if I could be Darth Vader.  We also suggested playing the Imperial March instead of the Wedding March.  Both ideas got nixed, however.

As it was, when I walked her up to the officiant and the groom, I told the groom (in my best Vader voice) "I've altered the deal.  Pray I do not alter it any further."

5 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

My daughter was married this May 4th.  When she first told me, I asked if it was going to be a theme wedding, and if I could be Darth Vader.  We also suggested playing the Imperial March instead of the Wedding March.  Both ideas got nixed, however.

As it was, when I walked her up to the officiant and the groom, I told the groom (in my best Vader voice) "I've altered the deal.  Pray I do not alter it any further."

I thought the perfect wedding song was from Hee-Haw "Doom, Despair, Misery On Me"

• 3 weeks later...

As a fitting close to Star Wars Month, I give you this video tribute to the best known fighter in the Star Wars Universe.  I Thank You all for celebrating Star Wars Month with me, and I hope you're all here to celebrate next year.  Until then--May The Force Be With You.

I was five years old when the first Star Wars film came out. I grew up Star Wars, which was the first mythic cycle that filled my imagination and informed my psyche. For me Star Wars begins and ends with Luke Skywalker. His story began in A New Hope and ended in The Last Jedi. His tale, and the essential mythic cycle of Star Wars, is now complete. The epic circle is closed and everything else is footnotes and commentary. Rey is a great character and worthy successor and Daisy Ridley is well cast. I like her. But her tale is not my tale. Its not Luke's tale. Disney's cash-cow adventures add nothing to the archetypal core at the heart of Star Wars. Neither did the prequels, really. Those are to Star Wars as the Silmarillion is to The Lord of the Rings. Interesting as apocrypha, but essentially superfluous. My Star Wars is done. It came and went with Luke. There comes a time when we must put childish things aside. Not because they aren't important, and not because they did not (and do not) inform key aspects of who we are, but because we are now adults. May Luke be with you, always.