The Master List Superdraft

Sociotard

2 minutes ago, Pariah said:

It has been interesting to see how this draft has shaken out. There have been some really cool story concepts, resulting in some lesser-known characters being picked instead of old favorites. Having such a limited pool of characters has really complicated things too. Honestly, I'm surprised that half the characters I have were still available when they were. 

It's been a lot of fun.

I agree.  There are two or three characters that I picked here that I had no idea about until doing some research.  And there was a few others that I considered that required me heading into Googleland.

24 minutes ago, Psybolt said:

And who would have guessed that Hulk, Martian Manhunter and Karate Kid would be on the last day?

Those are pretty big names.  They just must not fit into the different story concepts.

I'd've drafted J'onn N'onzz close to the top, if he hadn't come on my list.

Final Master List pick: Karate Kid.

Now we have option picks.  We'll see how stories get fleshed out.

5 minutes ago, Sociotard said:

Good thing I'm not a betting man. I assumed you'd go for werewolf by night 

Werewolf by Night was on my submitted list.  Truth be told, I submitted the Master List before I saw the caveat saying you cannot pick any character off your own list.  Erica Slaughter was going to play the role that Van Helsing is currently playing 

6 hours ago, Dr. MID-Nite said:

Well...Spirit of 76 it is. Now to figure out how this hodge podge is going to work. lol

4 hours ago, csyphrett said:

Great. I'm stuck with Jack Russell. Time to think about options I guess.

CES  

My mistake. As Dr. MID-Nite was two behind, he gets BOTH the Spirit of '76 and Werewolf by Night. csyphrett gets Enchantress.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Our title: Downwind from Hell

In a council chamber in Latveria, Dr. Doom discusses the Chernobyl project with his advisors.

"So, Doctor, what is your interest in this polluted wasteland?"

"Dear Emily, the governments here wish to be rid of the embarrassment of the Exclusion Zone, the expense of keeping it closed, and the harassment of the bandits, venial crooks, and random mutated beasts that emerge out of it.  Not to mention the reparations which the Nordic countries continue to pursue for the contamination they suffered in the original disaster.  Ukraine, Russia, and Belarus have agreed to cede it to Latveria in exchange for a few ... considerations."

"That has long been known by many people.  Why would Latveria want it?"

"Oh, many reasons.  First, it is territory.  Not usable for much now, but in some decades of remedial work, it can become a source for raw materials which Latveria now lacks."

"Surely there is more than that," said the She-Hulk.  "You retained me to draft and review the legal agreements for the cession, and reach reparations agreements with Sweden and Finland.  I know what you're paying for it.  And the cleanup task remains formidable."

"Frankly, ladies, the entombed reactor and other contaminated and abandoned facilities represent resources of a kind no one has thought of as assets," said Victor.  "There is some leakage of a different sort of energy there.  Investigation of what is going on in there is why I retained Dr. Lu."

"Who is in the Exclusion Zone now, inspecting the scene and helping to define what Latveria wants the boundaries to include.  I negotiated those credentials also," said She-Hulk.

"What do you mean, 'different leakage'?" asked Looker.

"I believe those dim-witted Soviet experimentors weakened the interdimensional barriers in some way.  The evidence is roundabout, but difficult to explain in any other scenario.  And that kind of source can be ... most productive."