The All Star Freedom Fighter Invasion for Justice Draft

csyphrett

1 hour ago, Tjack said:

I really want to compare lists, but I don’t want to give anything away.

Yeah, I'd love to have discussions about various heroes and comic book series but I can't really do that without bringing up obscure people who might be sniped.

"In this draft, Franklin Delano Roosevelt has ordered every superhuman in America to form into one group, the All Star Squadron."

1 hour ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

And with that name does the Whizzer even count?

When a yankee boy
Graced a ride along
With his father to Africa

He got bit by a cobra long

Saved by mongoose blood was he
And developed superspeed!

This talented youth
would fight so we could be free

When the Axis thorns
pierced our democracies so sweet
Along came our Whizzer

Our hero so fleet!

Tip your hat to your Whizzer
O' fans be not so picky
O' fans be not so picky, oh
O' fans be not so picky!

He too saved the world

And fought the Axis Horde

His name might be silly

but with Miss America he scored!

He once saved Budapest

Paris and all the rest

He stood up for humanity

and damn gave it his best!

His is an epic tale

So what if he had mediocre sales?

He defeated the villains!

Gee whiz, he was swell!

O' fans be not so picky
Tip your hat to your Whizzer!

A mighty speedster was he!

O' fans be not so picky
Tip your hat to your Whizzer!

A mighty speedster was he...eeee eee!

"How's it going, sailor?" came a gruff voice behind one of the submarine personnel.

The sailor turned around and swallowed. It was hard to get used to all the weirdness around here, "Well sir, we lifted up to let Namor out..." 

"Feeling a bit stir crazy, was he." it wasn't a question really, merely a courtesy. This hero was a born detective, he had tracked down criminals, solved crimes, and more, "Yeah, The Sub-Mariner's from a warrior culture, Seaman, and he's got a pretty hot head about it. Waiting in this tin can for the next battle doesn't sit well with him."

"No, Sir. I mean, yes sir," The Sailor said, all the 'heroes' were honorary officers if not actual ones and to be treated as such. And arguably, this hero had at least been with a unit before all this. The one of a kind result of a super soldier formula, rumored to have abilities far beyond his kind, and adventures one could scarcely believe.

"Heh, but he's not alone is he?" The hero said, eying the sailor "Life on the line, strangeness abounding, folks with the power to rip the metal hull with their bare hands IN this thing with us, I can see why you've been under stress."

The Sailor swallowed, suddenly realizing this wasn't about Namor at all, "It's.... very taxing, sir. I try to cope."

A low growl escaped the hero, "Yeah, it's how you cope that worries me, Sailor. This is the third time I've smelled the booze on your breath, while you were on duty! " The hero looked at him with a dogged glare "You want a little nip now and then when off duty, well, I'm no angel, I've got my vices. But you're endangering the crew. We're a part of a pack, Seaman," The hero barked "I smell that on you again when you're on your shift, I'll report you. Do it too many times, I'll launch you from the torpedo bay and tell Namor to go fetch and he won't be gentle! We clear?"

"Yes, yes yes sir" The sailor saluted!

"Good," The hero took a breath and his hackles went down "I know it's hard. Wish I could say it won't get harder, but if you have a little faith, a lot of hope, and keep your head and heart focused, we'll take a bite out of the Empire together."

"Yes sir," the Sailor said, wanting a drink more than ever, but with the senses and detective skills of his superior, he knew his drinking on duty days were over.

You couldn't hide from a detective, you sure couldn't escape that sniffer. On top of it, he was a super soldier who could rip you apart in a fight.

And the Sailor would rather go clean, than tangle with....

Rex, the Wonder Dog

Detective Pick: Rex the Wonder Dog

RexTheWonderDog.jpg

25 minutes ago, Logan.1179 said:

My PATRIOT, Uncle Sam!

225px-Unclesam_comics.jpg

I love Uncle Sam . Some writers have used him with surprising depth. He's guilt tripped Superman , roused the young ones, and waxed philosophical about being a living embodiment that ranks up there with the best efforts some robotic or clone characters get!  Nice pick. And yes, he was in my top three choices for Patriot , so you could call this a half snipe :)

"How long has he been back in England?"

"Only a few days, from what I've been told."

"Maybe the better question is, Why did he come back?"

"I don't know. But I've heard stories. If half of them are true, I can see why he'd want to leave darkest Africa and never come back."

"I don't know that home is any better these days. Fascists on the continent, nightly bombings here."

"He's expressed a willingness to help, General."

"He's been away a long time. Do you think he can be trusted?"

"I see no reason why not."

"Then add him to your team. I'll sign off on it."

"Thank you, sir."

Shapechanger: Congorilla

250px-Congorilla.jpg

"So you want another American on the squad. And a woman, at that."

"She's qualified, General. And she fits a strategic need."

"Well, I suppose that's true. I was wondering...."

"Yes?"

"Well...our intelligence suggest that she is...romantically involved with another hero. Do you intend to bring him into the fold as well?"

"No, sir. I expect that he will be otherwise occupied. She's all ours."

"Very well, add her to the roster. Who's next on your list, pray tell?"

Speedster: Libby Lawrence, the first Liberty Belle

6473122-0da24547dfc7fec4c3b65478612ab785

The Admiral was a miracle, everyone in Imperial Japan was talking about him. Originally considered to be too timid to serve the Empire well, a bureaucrat in warrior's uniform, over the last few months he had brought new sciences, new ferocity, and new unity to the soldiers of the Rising Sun. True, it was rumored he relied on the help of monsters as much as men, but Island by Island, his leadership was bringing Imperial Japan victory after victory. 

If he had odd companions, and odd habits, what did it matter? Only victory mattered.

That little worm he kept as a good luck charm sure was creepy though.

Mastermind Villain: Mister Mind, Leader of the Monster Society of EVIL!

tumblr_inline_pqh23nEANe1tijan8_540.png

Hey, 2 quick questions:

A) May we have a roster update, please?

2) How specific are our Villain picks supposed to be? De we need to pick an individual, or is a small group okay? Or can we pick an organization, like Hydra, for example? And if Hermit picks Hydra, does that mean that nobody else can use them? (I assume that we all get Nazis/Empire of Japan/etc. for free.)

Okay, that's technically more than two questions. Sorry.

1 hour ago, Pariah said:

Hey, 2 quick questions:

A) May we have a roster update, please?

2) How specific are our Villain picks supposed to be? De we need to pick an individual, or is a small group okay? Or can we pick an organization, like Hydra, for example? And if Hermit picks Hydra, does that mean that nobody else can use them? (I assume that we all get Nazis/Empire of Japan/etc. for free.)

Okay, that's technically more than two questions. Sorry.

I will put one out tonight when I get home. A group is okay as long as they are era specific. Individual members are subject to being drafted. Anyone can pick the monster society, but Hermit has already drafted the founder Mister Mind.

CES