TV Superheroes

farik

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pigeon Man?

I am terribly, terribly old and was a child at the time so my recollection is inexact, but I remember a TV Series featuring Pigeon Man or Captain Pigeon, who could fly by flapping his arm-flaps. This was probably in the mid or late sixties. Like Captain Nice, he took drugs.

I also remember a TV Movie featuring a Captain Chameleon who had a holographic suit given to him by a wannabe hero, the Parakleet of Justice. The Parakleet died and the would-be sidekick wound up being the main character. I can't remember the name of the movie, though, unless it was Captain Chameleon.

The Huntress (From the short lived Birds of Prey).

That vampire cop from Forever Knight.

Middle Aged Man (SNL Skit)

The woman from Profiler (Who seems to have Precognition).

TheAuthoirty: You **** :) I was gunna put Brimstone. I LOVED that show. I wished it was still on. :(

Anotherskip: The man he killed was his wife's Rapist, not killer; she did not die (Infact she showed up in an episode). He did not commit suicide, he was killed two months later.

Originally posted by sethwolffe

Originally posted by McCoy

Captain Nice

Mr. Terriffic

Captain Nice and Mr. Teriffic were Golden Aged Comic book herpes.

But the TV shows were totally different in powers, personality, and origin from the Golden Age characters.

And while I do remember Mr. Terriffic from the Justice Society, are you sure about Captain Nice? The Silver Age comic was from the show, not vice versa.

Jason of Star Command/Space Academey. You want to tell me Drago isn't a supervillian? Or the cadets from the academy aren't a group of supers?

Small Wonder-A robot 6 yera old girl.

Can't remember the name of the show, but the character was an Angel named Ehtel Methel Mcdurmin

Wonderbug. Okay so the superhero is a car. (Speed Buggy was the cartoon)

Lost Saucer. The two bumbling androids

Bigfoot and Wildboy

Mr. Roarke from Fantasy Island. Considering that Love Boat is in the same world as the 1st Fantasy Island series....

Originally posted by Southern Cross

Does nobody but me remember The Tomorrow People?

Yes a show about five kids exhibiting mental superpowers.

Yeah that qualifies way up there with another Nick tv series

called "Animorphs" the seires was based on a book series that recently ended on a high note and left me with a lot of questions. Oh yes, don't forget the live action version of the

TICK.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Champsguy

Eric Cord from the Fox TV show Werewolf.

That guy from the show Viper (hey, his Viper could change into an armored form--that's pretty cool).

The character Johnny from the short-lived UPN show Pig Sty had a "look" he could give to women that made them automatically want to sleep with him. That's a rockin' power.

There was also a short lived UPN show with that guy from Star Trek. It was called "Legend" or something. Very Wild Wild West.

And ALF is, of course, super-powered.

There was another mid-80s sitcom involving a man who created a robot daughter. Don't remember much else about it.

The kid from the made-for-TV Disney Channel movie "Not Quite Human" was also a robot. He had super-strength and other robot stuff.

Guest Major Tom

I don't know if either of these groups fits into this topic, but how

about the guys from the two "Weird Westerns" of the 80s --

Outlaws from CBS and Wildside from ABC?

Major Tom :confused:

The Poster formerly known as Space Cadet

Did anyone mention Early Edition?

from IMDB:

Plot Outline: His name is Gary Hobson. He gets tomorrow's newspaper today. He doesn't know how. He doesn't know why. All he knows is when the early edition hits his doorstep, he has twenty-four hours to set things right. (more)

or Now and Again?

also from IMDB:

When Michael Wiseman is killed in a tragic subway accident, the U.S. government covertly makes him an offer he can't refuse; they "keep his brain alive" and place it into a new, genetically bio-engineered body. The doctor in charge of the experiment has grand plans for him, but all Michael wants is to get back to his grieving wife and daughter. For security reasons, the government forbids such contact... not that Michael is going to let that stop him.

I've seen several episodes of both at odd times, and liked them.

There was also a show with a girl whose father was an alien. She talked to him with a glowing crystal ball thing, and had powers. Forgot the name of the show.

Then there's the Girl, Gold Watch and ......(Dynamite, Everything, etc.) series. I think they were all done for TV.

Pattern Ghost: Out of this World was the name of the show where the girl could stop time by putting her fingers together.

Man, I was gonna mention Greatest American Hero, till I see someone else beat me to it.

There was a movie when I was a kid about a guy who could run really fast unless he saw the color red. I think it was called "The Fuzz"

How about "The Bandit" from a show of the same name from the early 90's (same 'Action Pack' show that Team Knight Rider was on if memory serves.... on second thought it might have been Knight Rider 2010 or something like that, not nearly as good as TKR)

You've GOTTA put The Sentinel on there.... excellent show.

(I thought I had a few while I was reading the post, now they've all been said or left my brain)

Guest Major Tom

PennStud77, the title of the movie you're trying to think of is

Superfuzz, and the only things that I can remember about

it are that Ernest Borgnine was the super-cop's partner, and

that when the super-cop got married at the end of the picture,

the bride-to-be was either wearing red or was holding some-

thing colored red (which completely frelled the super-cop's

powers). Other than that, the major thing that I know about

this is that it was a weird Italian flick.

Major Tom

The Poster formerly known as Space Cadet