The what would your character do posting game

starblaze

I have been enjoying the 'what would your character do?' threads that have been appearing for some time. However with the reading I have been curious about what the different heroes can actually do. So I decided to ask those of you who post on this subject could post your character sheets in order to satisfy my curiosity.

What do you say?

PS: I havent really posted on these topics because I mostly GM Champions, I haven't actually played in years.

Dont' have my character sheets with me. So here's a brief rundown.

Anthem: Only a 250pt character.

-High Defenses (In her words: "My only real ability is being able to take a punch").

-"Tumbling Run" (Teleportation with a "Must pass through intervening space" limitation; This lets her do cool tumbling effects like from one rooftop to the next, between the spikes in a pit, but not through a glass window or forcewall, etc.)

-Low level martial arts. She's first to admit she's a beginner.

-A series of Naked advantages for use with throwing low-powered RKAs (Shurikens typically, but since it's a naked advantage, she can use knives, hunks of jagged metal or whatever is available); the advantages are things like Armor Piercing, Autofire, Penetrating, Area Effect. Some effects require a hard surface (wall) to cause a ricochet effect, covering the entire hex with deflected throwing stars.

Uncle Slam: High level (for the campaign... I think around 480pts)

-Invulnerability (Desolidification with an invisible power effect usable against physical attacks)

-Moderate speed Flight

-Low to Medium level "Brick" STR

-Good defenses

-"Chi" Combat (STR usable at a range via stretching with the "Does not pass through intervening space" advantage, so that he can perform blows in the air, harming people several meters away.)

-A secret ability not disclosed to players (And since he's currently an NPC for the campaign I'm running, I won't say here).

Audra Blue: 100pt Human form, 350pt Virtual Form

In human form she's got tons of non-combat skills, practically no physical abilities, and is agoraphobic, restricted to the base.

In virtual form she's got a massive VPP only for use when she's plugged into the Net. Virtual form is basically Extra dimensional Movement w/"leaves behind body" and a multiform; Human body on THIS side of the net, Virtual form over there.

Re: The what would your character do posting game

Originally posted by starblaze

What do you say?

PS: I havent really posted on these topics because I mostly GM Champions, I haven't actually played in years.

Most of the PCs I post are old characters from years past. Spectrum's my only current PC.

I think I'd be more interested in the backgrounds. I'll see if I can dig up my old ones, update them, and post.

The character sheet is in the next state, with my old GM, but here's the basic info on this "Special Agent Trent" guy I've mentioned on occasion.

Special Agent Michael Trent, code name "Agent Orange" is an FBI agent who was competent but fairly unremarkable until he managed to get himself captured by VIPER. They used him as a test subject in a machine designed to grant mental powers, but it worked a lot better than they expected, and he wound up with psychokinesis.

Unfortunately for him, his brain was never meant to handle that kind of ability, and the process left him with two problems. First, he has an increased tendancy toward anger and aggression. Second, any exposure to mental powers causes him excruciating pain, and further stimulates his aggressive tendancies.

As a result of a minor rampage during his debriefing/testing, he's been getting bad assignments lately, such as government liason/damage control for a new superteam (the other PC's from the campaign).

His powers all relate to psychokinesis; he can fly and protect himself with a force field. He also has a multipower with three different versions of telekinesis, each trading control for power to some degree, a psychokinetic energy blast, teleportation (7" with safe blind teleport and a x2048 non-combat multiplier--at 18 miles a hop, it's perfect for long-distance travel), regeneration, and spatial awareness justified as "psychokinetic tactile feedback". He also carries a gun, wears a radio, and has the legal powers of an FBI agent.

On the downside, he's got both a vulnerability AND a susceptibility to mental powers, so even things that arent' attacks can hurt him. Yep, I've got a hero that can be taken down by mind scan.

He's also got Enraged in combat at a low level, and by mental powers at a higher level. He's also quite, quite certain that his powers make him more or less invincible, despite the fact that he doesn't have any persistent defenses, and has the stat line of a normal, not a superhero. He was very nearly killed (deep negative body) by a flung table and subsequent trampling by the team brick, because he didn't have his force field on.

He was loosely inspired by Tetsuo Shima, although his powers were nowhere near that level. He didn't have quite so many problems, either.

I only got to use this character for a few sessions, and I kind of miss him.

Zeropoint

Guest WhammeWhamme

Background in a Cup:

Wraith is a Kiwi who bears some slight resemblance to myself. :)

He has the innate, inherited, power to sense ghosts. This has driven several of his ancestors to madness; by escaping to NZ his father escaped that fate. Returns to an inheritance in England, powers suddenly are obvious (more ghosts), he realizes he can mentally control them.

PBeM character, writeup not yet approved.

Wraith

5 STR 15

21 DEX 17

30 CON 20

0 BOD 10

13 INT 23

26 EGO 23

5 PRE 15

2 COM 14

7 PD 10

6 ED 10

23 SPD 5

0 REC 7

0 END 40

0 STN 28

Combat and Roll Information: This section includes the character's OCV, DCV, ECV, and Combat Phases, the character's Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Perception, and Ego Rolls, plus his Resistant Defenses and Running Speed.

Combat and Roll Information:

OCV = 8

DCV = 8

ECV = 8

Combat Phases = 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

Strength Roll = 12-

Dexterity Roll = 12-

Constitution Roll = 14-

Intelligence Roll = 14-

Perception Roll = 14-

Ego Roll = 14-

Resistant Defenses = 10/10 (Including Force Field, in power pool, maximum)

Running Speed = 6"

6 Ghostly Guardians: 3/3 Combat Luck

27 See Ghosts: Sense Ghosts, Ranged, Targeting, Discriminatory (Mental Sense Group)

62 Spectropathy Variable Power Pool

62 Control Cost: Cosmic, Spectropathic Powers Only (-½)

3 Deal Making: ½ Endurance Cost on Spectropathy Power Pool, 14- Activation (-½)

7 Computer Programming 16-

3 Cryptography 14-

3 Electronics 14-

0 Everyman Package Deal

Acting 8 or less

Area Knowledge: Auckland, New Zealand

Climbing 8 or less

Concealment 8 or less

Conversation 8 or less

Deduction 8 or less

Language Skill: Idiomatic English

Paramedic 8 or less

Persuasion 8 or less

Professional Skill: Student 11 or less

Shadowing 8 or less

Stealth 8 or less

Transport Familiarity: Small Ground Vehicles

4 Majestic Package Deal

Use of Base

Use of Vehicle

Communicator

Computer Link: UK Intel

Diplomatic Immunity - UK

KS: Majestic History 14 or less

KS: MI5 14 or less

KS: The Royal Family 14 or less

Hunted: Bastille 8 or less

Hunted: IRA 8 or less

3 Scholar

2 Knowledge Skill: Computer Encoding Techniques 14-

2 Knowledge Skill: Computer System Architecture 14-

2 Knowledge Skill: Electronic Transactions 14-

2 Knowledge Skill: History of Britain 14-

1 Knowledge Skill: i-Business 11-

2 Knowledge Skill: Operating Systems 14-

1 Knowledge Skill: Phone Systems 11-

2 Knowledge Skill: Software Design 14-

3 Science Skill: Computer Science 14-

3 Systems Operations 14-

1 Perquisite: Minor Nobility

1 Perquisite: Passport

10 Perquisite: Wealthy

20 Dependent NPC: Assorted Ghosts ("Normals") 14-

15 Psychological Limitation: Code of Honour; Noble (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code versus Killing (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Highly Competitive (Common, Strong)

10 Physical Limitation: Horrible Hangovers

15 Physical Limitation: Weird Biochemistry Requires Special Medical Care

10 Physical Limitation: Weirdness Magnet

15 Social Limitation: Known as a Medium

15 Susceptibility: Scenes of Great Violence (Uncommon), 3d6 per turn

15 Vulnerability: x2 Stun damage from Electricity, applied after defenses

Sample Power Pool Powers:

31 Control Ghosts: 10d6 Mind Control, Telepathic, Only versus Ghosts. (-1)

30 Feed Power: 6d6 Aid to any one Ghostly Power, Decreased Fade Rate (x1), Only Once Per Target (-½)

30 Oblivion: 1d6 Drain to ALL Willpower based Powers (Including EGO), Fully Invisible, 0 Endurance Cost, Affects Desolidified, Decreased Fade Rate (x5), Only versus Ghosts. (-1)

30 Paralyze Ghosts: 3d6 Entangle, Character and Entangle Both Take Damage, Invisible to Hearing and Sound Sense Groups (Visible to Mental), Only versus Ghosts. (-1)

30 Understand Ghosts: 12d6 Telepathy, Only versus Ghosts. (-1)

10 Communicate with Ghosts: Mind Link with Any One Ghost

41 Possession: 10d6 Mind Control, Telepathic, 14- Activation (-½) (Half Endurance Cost on an 11-)

41 Scare: 5d6 Ego Attack, 0 Endurance Cost, 14- Activation (-½) (Half Endurance Cost on an 11-)

40 Ectoplasmic Limbs: Strength 40 Telekinesis, 14- Activation (-½) (Half Endurance Cost on an 11-)

40 Ectoplasmic Strike: 12d6 Energy Blast, 14- Activation (-½) (Half Endurance Cost on an 11-)

40 Ghostly Images: 12d6 Mental Illusions, 14- Activation (-½) (Half Endurance Cost on an 11-)

40 Subtle Ectoplasmic Limbs: Strength 20 Telekinesis, Fine Manipulation, Indirect, 14- Activation (-½) (Half Endurance Cost on an 11-)

21 Carried by Ectoplasmic Limbs: 16" Flight, Increased Turn Mode (-½)

21 Shrouded in Ectoplasm: 7/7 Force Field, Uncontrolled

20 Shrouded in Ectoplasm: Invisibility to Sight, No Fringe, Only to Obscure Wraith

30 Visions: Clairsentience, Retrocognition: Sight Group, Hearing, Smell, Taste. Limited by Ghostly Knowledge Available (-½), Requires a Skill Roll (-½)

10 Sensitive: Clairsentience, Retrocognition: Sight Group, Hearing, Smell, Taste. No Range, No Conscious Control, 8- Activation, Psionic (-½)

MAYDAY Mentalist Mutant specializing in Ego Blast and Mental Defense. Her Ego Blast can be Armor Piercing, an AE or straight up and is extremely hard hitting while her MD is around 35, Usable by Others at Touch range without losing it, x4 people. She also possesses a duffel bag which functions as a 10 pt gadget pool. She is mechanically inclined and the bag includes such items as a flashlight, food, drink, first aid kit, duct tape, radio and enough bits and pieces to become something else if needed. Skills include 4 languages, Mechanics, computers, piloting, motorcycle usage and various high Society things.

Mayday is a french heiress and is taking this time in her life to enjoy herself before her duties catch up to her. She is taking a triple major in College, trying to cram all the knowledge she needs to know with the knowledge she wants to know, while using her powers to help others. Very strong sense of duty. Oh, and her husband Diablo is missing in Hell. She's a very busy lady but luckily the young can function on less sleep than normal people.

SHADOWCROSS is a gymnastic ninja babe type with psychological issues and a staff weapon that can pop out a very sharp blade, as well as anti-grav capabilities for Gliding/Flight. Light armor in the form of a black leather bodysuit.

She was built in homage to Batman (our team leader) but only incorporates the atmosphere of the Dark Knight rather than cloning him.

SABRE is a female armored hero in her 40s and a scientific genius in the field of (flight systems basically). The suit features incredibly fast flight speed and a built in steel saber attached to one arm. Moderate supre strength and various standard armor gadgets.

She is on the Board of a corporation that maintains a hero team to promote their technology. Unmarried, she likes being an intellect to be taken into consideration but has chilly social skills and no close relatives. Her one love died long ago as a young soldier and so she is a strong supporter of the military.

LINEDRIVE

is a professional baseball player and mooch. He had a few average years in the Majors but was gradually edged out by newer, younger players and now plays for a Minor League team in Florida evading his two ex-wives and their lawyers as best he can. He is very laid back, never stresses anything, never hurries except on the diamond. Patriotic to the max and loves the sport. He would never cheat on it, never bet on it, never sully it. And never miss the chance to sneak in a 6 pack when the Coach isnt looking.

He is in a 75 point campaign so I gave him Invisible Missile Deflection/Reflection with combat levels, and the tracking ability to locate alcohol or a bar from miles away, 360 degrees. When he 'catches' something thrown or fired at him (say a bullet) he can store it temporarily, up to a day, and release it later but he can only release in the order it was absorbed. (Reflection on a time delay) He has PS: baseball player and KS: baseball, as well as Acting.

Acting has saved his life on at least one occasion. When he entered the dugout on the last of his actions to see thugs about to shoot the owner's daughter, and him too. He faked a heartattack and dropped to the floor, they decided he wasnt worth a bullet and shot the two teammates who were right behind him instead.

MARJORIE is a 3000 year old vampire from the Tremere Clan. Originally a barbarian proto-pictish king's daughter, her small tribe was wiped out in raid feud, including her husband and sons. She encountered a sorcerer who took her on as a guide and stayed on with the 'goddess' witch he was meeting. From her she learned both Tremere arts and how to set up a divine cult. Much later as a full sorceress mage she was betrayed and rendered undead against her will. She continues to serve the Clan as a negotiator and spy against the other vampires of the world. Her husband, a minor knight of the Arthurian court of legend, lays in an enchanted coma awaiting the return of his king. She has a strong personal dislike of tyrants and thugs, which naturally leads her to a dislike of supervillains.

Her powers are standard vampire/Tremere stuff. Spellcraft, psychometry, divination, ghouls, weather influencing, regeneration, wealth. The ghouls form an organization similar to the mafia and serve as her eyes and ears and hands. She also has a secret Familiar.

Her preferred fighting style is to not fight but ghoul bodyguards make excellent ablative damage reduction.

Assault: Original character from 3rd Edition days. Current version is 450 points and considerably different.

Brick. That's really all you need to know about him, but I'll give you some more details anyway. :)

Kind of streetwise. Lots of skills relating to this. Has a stack of brawling type skills.

Runs, jumps, immune to disease, poisons, temperature extremes.

Personality: Loud and obnoxious! Actually he has toned it down a lot, and is quite thoughtful when he isn't "performing". Likes to hang out with other bricks (heroic and villainous) and certain other non-psychotic villains. Dislikes pretty much any government you care to name, but will work with them against major villains and psychos. Occasional "freedom fighter", taking him perilously close to villainhood at times.

Drinking buddy of Shamrock (pre-5th Ed Irish supervillainous brick).

Party tricks: jumping out of aircraft without a parachute. Drinking beer and eating the glasses afterwards.

Ideal superteam: a bunch of more or less reformed villains, with at least a streak of idealism.

Alan

Guardian - 'Soft' brick. High Pd and Ed, but no resistant Def. 60 Strength, High Pre (28). She's also got a pair of bracers that give her an Energy Killing Attack, but that's rarely used on people.

Checkmate - Martial Artist, Skill Monger. Defined to one GM as a cross between Batman, R'as Al Ghul, Ozymandias (of the Watchmen) and Bobby Fisher. A capable martial artist and semi-gadgeteer, his real strength lies in strategy and tactics.

Control - Checkmate's son from another campaign. Very high level. It was a Marvel-themed game, and he was listed as an Omega-level Mutant (on par with Franklin Richards and Nathan Grey). Has the power to control any energy he has experienced (unable to sense them directly, but once he's felt it, he can control it) except for magic and psionics.

pd/ed in the 30's resistant and hardened, 50% damage reduction pd/ed 30 power defense, self regeneration and healing, super leap (but not by str) and a 12d6 ha kick, double NB.

Leads his worlds UN sanctioned superteam, Legion. As an ex police officer and firefighter, he understands teamwork and feels he is the best person to lead the team. He is normally wrong in that regard, but being the last one standing in every fight so far has convinced the team he makes a damn good combat leader, and they ignore him mostly the rest of the time.

I have a few viable (I think) characters, in the 350 point range. I have not played them all in games, but that has more to do with how busy the player is rather than anything about the characters. I'll post original versions, without XP, since it'll be easier to parse them like that.

Midget-Man was the victim of a horrible accident which reeeeduced his height to 6 inches permanently. But he doesn't let any of his super-friends know that this isn't actually a power, so that they might take him seriously as a crime-fighter. His motto is, "Desire is 80% of achievement," and he is more likely than not to accept any challenge that comes his way, partially becase he needs to prove himself but also because it was in his nature before to be competitive and successful.

Prior to his acident he was a scientist at a high-end research lab where he fell into an experimental cyclotron that divorced most of his mass from his 'essential bio-pattern', whatever that means. They were able to turn off the machine after a few minutes, but the damage was already done. He maintains a lab on the premises, but is no longer truly employed by the company- it was part of the settlement deal he struck with them out of court. There he maintains his miniature equipment, and has a secure hard phone line for other superheroes to call him where he can't be found... at least, not without someone trying very hard.

pts Char val

-30 Str -20

24 Dex 42

15 Con 10

10 Body 0

20 Int 10

15 Ego 10

10 Pre 0

16 Com 3

10 PD 14

10 ED 7

6 SPD 26

8 REC 18

30 END 0

33 STUN 26

Characteristics cost: 136

pts Ability End/Roll

90 4 levels Shrinking

-30 O End Perisitent Inherent Always On

-10 -5" running no NCV

-2 -2" Swimming (can only float around)

11 1" Swinging x8 NCV O End OAF Tiny Line Gun

7 Cling@Str, Perching Only

3 Scientist

2 Physics, 13-

2 Electronics, 13-

2 Inventor, 13-

2 Biology, 13-

2 Virology, 13-

2 Neurology, 13-

2 Chemistry, 13-

2 KS: Kites 11-

5 Deduction 13-

-9 Helmet Suite, all OIHID Tiny Helmet

39 HR Radio Hearing, Absolute Time Sense, Bump of Direction, Eidetic Memory, Lightning Calculator, Universal Translator

15 5 PD/5ED resistant Armor

-5 OIF Costume

Total abilities cost: 114

Total point cost: 114 + 136 = 250

Disadvantages (200+) points

20 Physical Limitation: Always 7" tall, nearly weightless, subject to wind gusts, etc. (Always, Greatly)

20 Distinctive Features: As Above

10 Physical Limitation: Tiny voice, no louder than a whisper

10 Psychological Limitation: Likes to lead, often gives advice and orders

20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing standard

20 DNPCs: His mother, father and brother 11- (Normals, know of his dual identity, group DNPCs)

15 Social LImitation: Secret ID: Leeland Boyd

Total Disadvantages: 115. Total points: 315.

His Disadvantages don't equal his point total, but they all seem to make good sense so I left them all in.

I'll post more, including my namesake, if anyone's interested.

Originally posted by Bengal

pts Ability End/Roll

90 4 levels Shrinking

-30 O End Perisitent Inherent Always On

-10 -5" running no NCV

-2 -2" Swimming (can only float around)

11 1" Swinging x8 NCV O End OAF Tiny Line Gun

7 Cling@Str, Perching Only

He should get himself a plane, or a little tiny grav scooter.

And a carrying case. :)

Of course, all these accessories are sold separately.

Alan

LOL he is sort of his own action figure, isn't he? He usually sits on the shoulder of one of the other heroes and sticks there with his Perching ability. Movement isn't the issue- it's his attacks that are nonexistent- but that's nice too since it forces me, the player, to work out other interesting ways of being useful. Or I can just go get a snack when everyone else is fighting.

Bobcat started out as sort of a clone of Wolverine. This was maybe in 1989 or so and he's really come a long way conceptually. His powers come from Warlock's old Transmode virus. I have decided that his new mutated transmode strain will allow he or she who is infected to basically make up their own powers as they see fit. This meshes well with the malleable nature of Warlock and his race bqack before they thought it was a neat idea to bring him back, andallows for a whole new sort of superheroic reverse-vampirism as a plot device to introduce new NPCs and in some circumstances, PCs.

Bobcat

pts Char val

20 Str 30

45 Dex 25

26 Con 23

16 Body 18

0 Int 10

0 Ego 10

3 Pre 13

0 Com 10

10 PD 16

10 ED 15

25 SPD 6

0 REC 11

0 END 46

-5 STUN 40

Characteristics cost: 150

pts Ability END/Roll

15 Elemental Control: Transmode Virus Powers

18a Shape-Shift, one form (Man-beast), Sight and Touch Groups. Instant Change, Cellular, Costs END Only To Transform, Limited Effect: Only affects normal sight and normal touch. 4

10b 2d6 HKA (Claws) 4d6 w/STR, reduced penetration, no knockback 3 or 6

11c 4d6 Major Transform, Standard Effect. Limited Target: Formerly sentient beings, transformed to its former state of life (Heal back: Be killed again) with the addition of the following physical limitation: "Subject to powers and abilities that affect only humanoids and those which affect only machines (al the time, slightly)," 15 pts, with no additional character points gained. Extra time: 1 hour. Major side effects: 3d6 STR Drain. "Transmode Infection" 6

10d 10 PD and 10 ED armor, not versus magnetic or electrical attacks (-1/2)

18e 18" running, all 0 END

24f 3d6 Mind Control, Cumulative, Max cumulative points = 144, Only versus robots, computers and other machines, No range, plus +8 ECV with this attack (ECV = 11).

56 1d6 Regeneration Healing, 0 END Persistent, Extra Time: 1 Turn, Self Only, can regenerate limbs, and ressurect.

20 +4 hand-to-hand combat levels

3 Stealth 14-

5 Acrobatics 15-

5 Breakfall 15-

15 15 points Power Defense

12 12 points in perks applicable to the campaign.

Abilities cost: 200

Characteristics cost: 150

Total Cost: 350 points.

Disadvantages (200+)

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID Steve Tungsten

15 Physical Limitation: Subject to powers and abilities that affect only humanoids and those which affect only machines (al the time, slightly).

20 Susceptability: 3d6 Str Drain per turn from intense magnetic fields

20 Susceptability: 3d6 Dex Drain per turn from intense magnetic fields

20 Susceptability: 3d6 HKA (and subsequent EC) Drain per turn from intense magnetic fields

10 Reputation: Known Mutant 8- ext (but in reality untrue)

20 Vulnerability: 2x BODY from magnetic or robot-only-affecting attacks

20 Physical Limitation: Unique physiology requires special medical care

10 Hunted: Campaign Mutant Group, 8- (Good or evil; GMO)

150 total disadvantages plus 200 base = 350 points.

I think I posted Irving here once if you need the actual stats, but...

Irving is one of the New York Public Library lion statues, come to life by ways nobody (not even he) understands-- he just "woke up" and decided to go looking around, though there's implications that his sentience and sapience were slowly building up for decades.

Powerswise, classic brick-- what would you expect from a solid marble lion the size of a horse?-- but with some interesting physical lims (no fine manipulation, no color vision) and a friendly, naive, and somewhat pacifistic personality. Also the inquisitiveness of a three-year-old-- has to ask "Why" about *everything*. At any time. This gets very weird when the heroes are staking out a villian lair and a deep rumbling voice asks, "Was the color orange named for the fruit, or the other way around?"

Oh, and since he doesn't need to sleep (among many of the other biological needs he doesn't have), his sense of time is a little off, so he'll cheerfully pick up a conversation where it left off-- several hours ago if needs be.

Argus

Argus

Player:

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
26 DEX 48
25 CON 30
13 BODY 6
23 INT 13
18 EGO 16
15 PRE 5
14 COM 2
25 PD 22
25 ED 20
6 SPD 24
10 REC 4
50 END 0
35 STUN 1
6" RUN02" SWIM03" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 196

Cost Power END
20 Damage Resistance (20 PD/20 ED)
40 Flight 20" 4
30 Pinpoint Eyebeams: Find Weakness 13- (Related Group of Attacks)
45 Eye Beams: Multipower, 45-point reserve
4u 1) Energy Blast 6d6 (vs. ED), Armor Piercing x1 (+1/2) (45 Active Points) 4
4u 2) Energy Blast 9d6 (vs. ED) (45 Active Points) 4
4u 3) Energy Blast 6d6 (vs. ED), Double Knockback 1.5x KB (+1/2) (45 Active Points) 4
30 Enhanced Senses : Multipower, 30-point reserve
2u 1) Active Sonar (Discriminatory, Increased Arc of Perception: 360-Degree) (25 Active Points)
1u 2) X-Ray Vision: N-Ray Perception (10 Active Points)
1u 3) High Range Radio Perception (12 Active Points)
3u 4) Meta Humans: Detect A Large Class Of Things 14-, Analyze, Discriminatory, Increased Arc of Perception: 360-Degree, Sense (27 Active Points)
1u 5) Infrared Vision: Infrared Perception (5 Active Points)
1u 6) Nightvision (5 Active Points)
2u 7) Radar (Discriminatory, Increased Arc of Perception: 360-Degree) (25 Active Points)
1u 8) Ultra Violet Vision: Ultraviolet Perception (5 Active Points)
1u 9) Mental Awareness (5 Active Points)
1u 10) Enhanced Perception (+4 to PER Rolls for All Sense Groups) (12 Active Points)
1u 11) Telescopic +3 to PER Rolls (only to offset the Range Modifier) (Sight Group) (5 Active Points)
Powers Cost: 192

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +4d6 Strike
5 Offensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +6d6 Strike
3 Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, STR +3d6 Strike, Target Falls
8 +2 HTH Damage Class(es)
Martial Arts Cost: 28

Cost Skill
3 Computer Programming 14-
3 Electronics 14-
3 Mechanics 14-
3 Lockpicking 14-
3 Paramedics 14-
3 Security Systems 14-
3 Stealth 14-
3 Scientist
2 1) SS: Subatomic Physics (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 14-
2 2) SS: Robotics (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 14-
2 3) SS: Hydrology (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 14-
2 4) SS: Physics (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 14-
2 5) SS: Biophysics (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 14-
Skills Cost: 34

Cost Perk
10 Money: Wealthy
Perks Cost: 10

Cost Talent
3 Absolute Time Sense
5 Eidetic Memory
27 Danger Sense (Area: Immediate Vicinity, Discriminatory, Function as a Sense) 14-
3 Bump Of Direction
2 Lightning Reflexes: +2 DEX to act first with Single Action
Talents Cost: 40

Total Character Cost: 500

Val Disadvantages
20 Hunted: META Hunters Inc. 11- (As Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
20 Psychological Limitation: Code Versus Killing Common, Total
20 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Many Enemies) Frequently (11-), Severe
30 Hunted: The Miami Connection (Super Villian Drug Lords) 14- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
20 Dependent NPC: Wife and 3 Children (Daughter and Twin Boys) 8- (Normal; Group DNPC: x4 DNPCs)
10 Distinctive Features: META Gene (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
20 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Children (Common; Total)
10 Psychological Limitation: Protective of the META Race (Common; Moderate)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 150

Total Experience Available: 150

Experience Unspent: 0

I first started playing Argus in 1983 and he has gone through a lot of revisions and updates with each new edition of the Hero System.

This is the 30 year old Argus (1993 edition) and the one I’m mostly thinking of when I post on the Hero Boards.

His concept is that he can see anything, he believes that the META race is the next step in mankind’s evolution.

He does not believe META’s should rule the earth but should help others understand our differences and help the entire human race to survive.

Husky

Husky was inspired by my second Champions exposure (a Convention game) and has been written in 4th and 5th edition many times since he's actually very simple to construct in a variety of ways.

In the game the adventure started with pre-generated mutants all being summoned to a local mansion. The character I was given was a mutant Lycanthrope who the GM had made kind of geeky for flavor by giving the human form speed reading and lightening calculator along with dis feat: squeeky voice. A nearby disaster occurs the characters all run off to become a team except my character who said "I'll go get help" and ran into a blind alley and seconds later a howling werewolf comes barreling out. (shall we say the group was not convinced by his clever ruse) the fight ends and the werewolf runs around a corner and seconds later my character walks back around the corner "Did you guys see that guy? He looked cool." back at the base they other characters were trying to get my character to admit he was the werewolf but he just denied it when they asked him "So why are you here if your not a mutant?" my response "I am a mutant, I can read really fast. I was probably chosen to be your researcher or something." I then demonstrated my speed reading and lightening calculator talents. Everyone started busting up laughing.

So when I got home from the Con I thought up Husky.

Kenneth Clarke mutant boy genius with scores of insecurities and low self esteem promoted by his non intellectually inclined parents. Kenneth has used his intellect to build a secret sub basement lab in his parents basement where he has developed the Husky Serum which turns him into a hulking fur covered master of Bravado. Husky is overconfident and charming defeating foes with his amazing physical abilities as well as his disarming demeanor. To make Husky you just take your campaign character points subtract the points for OIF clawed gauntlets with HKA, clinging, and swinging (the exact levels of which are dependent upon things like the team's movement ability, lethality of foes, etc.) then simply divide the remaining points equally between STR, DEX, CON, BODY, PD, ED, REC (remember a 30 REC means you heal 1 body per day) and damage resistance. Spend experience points on a VPP pool that Husky can't change to represent any gadgets Clarke Builds to help with the adventure. Theoretically if the character ever grew up he'd probably have power armor but at his usual level he's simply not interested in most "gear" Clarke makes. Publically Husky tells the following story to protect his secret ID.

"I was born on a dying world known as Huskton, My parents sent me in a speeding rocket to Earth where I was raised by a rural family who taught me the responsibility of power. Your yellow sun gives me my exceptional physical abilities and shiny coat. I do have a vulnerability to a radioactive substance known as *Huskinite."

(*There is no such thing but Husky claims proximity to deposits of it as an excuse when he is defeated)

As a character has lowered physical characteristics and super human mental characteristics Kenneth pays for the Husky Multiform, a wide gamut of talents, science skills, a VPP of technology, the base, and follower Clarke Bots who impersonate him when he's off being Husky. Husky is bored by Kenneth's geek stuff and doesn't use it so I've never had a GM who questioned his not purchasing the base and related items.

Disadvantages for both characters focus on their extremely different psychologies mostly with any left over points being DNPC famliy and friends for Clarke and multiple hunteds with low freq's along with Fame for Husky.

My two are Blackcat and Ballistic.

Cat:

The basics....

A chi-mystic martial artist. 32 dex, 9 speed, and an 82 point Martial manuever/chi pool. Lots of tactical skills and broad knowledge.

http://home.comcast.net/~lordmho/chars/blackcat.html

Ballistic:

The basics....

A supersuit supermage (started as a strait supersuit, learned magic later). Minibrick, high defenses, decent dex and speed, 60 point magic VPP.

http://home.comcast.net/~lordmho/chars/ballistic.html

Note that there is a let 0 end powers in ECs house rule in the game (grandfathered from 3rd edition).

As experienced and old as these characters are, I figured it was be easier to link to thier char sheets on my webspace than repost them.

You are correct

Nice character, except I understand according to the rules you cannot put powers that cost no endurance as well as special powers into a multipower.

Which is why I later made it a VVP only to buy Detects and Enhanced senses.

A.

Nice character, except I understand according to the rules you cannot put powers that cost no endurance as well as special powers into a multipower.

Bet there's some grandfather clauses going.

Strict rulesmanship is best for Hero books, but in most other situations who cares as long as it's OK with the players & GM. ;)

• 8 months later...

Stopwatch: A 16 year old mutant girl with the power to control time. Stopwatch's real name is Carlie Dupree and she's been drafted into a Hellions style group of teen mutant criminals (among some of the first supers in her world) that will eventually be known as the Raptors. Carlie is young, adventerous and self centered and also a coward of the first order when it comes to facing responsibility for her actions. Her powers are touchy at this point and sometimes strand her "out of phase" with the time stream for hours or days. She's somewhat frightened of using the more advanced powers as a result.

Menagerie: A supervillainess really, a mutant supremacay terrorist from a world where mutants and genetically enhanced solidiers are the only super types. Menagerie is a zealot and willing to kill or die for her organization's agenda but inside is very much damaged good from her upbringing. Her powers allow to her command or become animals. In fact, she can take the form of entire swarms of smaller creatures that share a hive mind.

Pinnacle is my first "real" superhero, a growing brick of a former female weightlifter and health enthusiast. She gained her powers during the eruption of superhumans that occured during the 9/11 tragedy and has joined the first publically active superhero team in her world. Pinnacle is agressive in combat to cover her inner insecurities and due to the fact that bigger and stronger she gets the more prone she is to becoming enraged.

Style – A Mage, not the most powerful in the world but knowledgeable and flexible. Cautious, a planner and strategist. His motivation in fighting occult crime is in part to atone for the crimes of his father, who was known in WWII, Korea and Vietnam as Doc Emerald. Styles mother was an extr-dimensional entity in human form that protected the innocent under the name Miss Tick, which she hated. Style sees himself as the bridge between the past and the present, and the bridge between worlds. He has learned that his destiny is to die while attempting to prevent the Dragon from breaking its chains, and is hunted by an endless host of mystic foes. Style’s magic has side effects when a spell is miscast, in the form of 1d6 of Unluck per 10 active points.

Flesh Gordon: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=441488&postcount=1

The version of Indomitable Will that my wife GMs is slightly different form this one (saner, somewhat higher point total), but it's the same basic character: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=116387&postcount=362

AnimeGai – An AI that emulates the behavior of a Super Hero, residing inside of a super-tech “Light Bee.†The Light Bee creates a holographic body and simulates various super-powers using force fields, tractor beams, holograms and lasers. Also a skilled hacker. AnimeGai has no self-awareness, however “he†can emulate it well and can “learn†from experience. Sometimes paralyzed if faced with situations unprecedented in his experience. No emotions other than those he emulates, not a Data type.