Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

Ah' date=' the wonderful days of the Amiga! It really is too bad that they closed up and went over to Europe. They built an awesome system. What software did you use?[/quote']

I used Deluxepaint 4. Combining 6 images into one was not easy at that time. Reworking the color spectrum was always 'fun'. Each of the characters has grown over time and needless to say, much more powerful and skilled. New members have been added but still, the core group shown is still around.

Counterforce has been so much fun and even years later, still such an outgoing yet mysterious group. Outgoing in that Los Angeles feels the most safe it's ever felt; the LA mob actually fears them and mysterious in that LA still doesn't know much about their very own supergroup, much less the public or the mob.

Guest bblackmoor

Counterforce is a good name for a group. We have a new superhero group based in New York (our LA group, our main group, is WestGuard) that has been struggling to think of a name for themselves for a couple of months now. Other than the goofy random names that people come up with (The Liberty League, The Secret Squadron, The Purple Crusaders, etc.), no one has really come up with anything decent. I'll mention Counterforce to them. With such longevity in your game, maybe it will provide our group some good luck. :)

I'm beginning to wonder if this is becoming a dead thread; not because people don't want to show their hero images but because of the 1 meg limit, which has forced quite a lot of images that were formerly on this thread to be removed. I know 1 meg multiplied many times over by various posters can add up but it's seriously hurting further threads such as this.

I haven't posted anything in a while for several reasons...

1. Been leveling new characters in City of Heroes.

2. Been working the HeroClix into miniatures of the PCs in my campaign.

3. Been trying to make a decent 60 card deck out of the 150 magic cards I got from boosters (My friends are starting a little home tournament).

4. So I haven't been drawing lately.

I'll do some more drawing when my figure modification phase passes.

Guest bblackmoor

I'm beginning to wonder if this is becoming a dead thread; not because people don't want to show their hero images but because of the 1 meg limit

Well, I offered people effectively-unlimited file space for images when the new policy went into place, but to date there's only been one person who made use of it. So I don't think that the 1 meg limit is an issue. If the thread seems quiet, it's probably just the cyclical nature of things. The time of year may also have something to do with it.

I've been working on a lot of new pics .... just haven't gotten any done completely yet. Family + Christmas + Work + Game Prep = Little time atm ... I should have some cool stuff to show after New Years :)

Oh ... and BBlackmoor ... I'd be interested in some of that space ... could you send me a PM with some of the info? It'd be greatly appreciated :)

Well' date=' I offered people effectively-unlimited file space for images when the new policy went into place, but to date there's only been one person who made use of it. So I don't think that the 1 meg limit is an issue. If the thread seems quiet, it's probably just the cyclical nature of things. The time of year may also have something to do with it.[/quote']

Time is an issue.

I have to go to the site, upload the stuff I can and relink it to here. Not had the time yet. Plus I need to get the CD I have stuff on.

Guest bblackmoor

Time is an issue.

True enough. My finite temporal resources are the major reason why the Heroic Images gallery is not easier to use. I basically just grabbed an existing PHP script and tossed it on my server. Ah, well.

Drew this during lunch. After many name changes and emblem designs I went with the simple and enigmatic curley-Q you see here.

This is Invisigoth. Powers: Invisibility to living minds (she creates a mental block) but not to electronics and non-living brains. She whispers suggestions into the ears of people. Name: Courtesy of the Lone Gunmen and the X-Files.

invisigoth03-sm.jpg

Now that's a great name (and a spunky picture :) ). What episode of X-Files is it from? It doesn't ring a bell.

Thanks. It's from the episode where a living intelligence is hunting it's creators over the internet. Invisigoth is a hacker chick in the ep.

I think the name came to mind through a progression: I was thinking if she was invisible I'd give her a suggestion power to make people do goofy things. That made me think of "Pusher", the guy from the X-files that could make people do things by talking to them. My mind is a strange jumble, it turns out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Based on a photo I blatantly copped from an NGD forum thread.

Mournflower. Near as I can tell, 13-Year old Mellissa had a vivid imagination and a gift for creating "imaginary friends". When her older sister, Sarah, died she was left with the last image she had of the girl, there in the coffin. As a result when she "sees" Sarah and talks to her, this is the image she sees. Only question is as to whether she's actually communing with the spirit of her dead sister, if she's using latent psychic abilities to conjure this simulation of her, or if it's all in her head and there's really no one there.

mournflower1-sm.jpg

The big, dumb brick in my campaign:

Humongous.

This character is modified from a picture on the DCUA forum by PJFan.

Humongous was a former pro-wrestler who thought he was taking an experimental steroid. Instead, the gene therapy he received caused his muscle fibres to expand and grow beyond anyone's belief. He still has the surly disposition he had as a wrestler, but no one will let him in the ring, so he beats up supervillains to maintain his popularity and gain endorsement deals.

Re: Superhero ImagesA lot of these images are GREAT! Where can an individual, such as myself, who has all the artistic talent of your average rock, get a utility that might allow me to do something useful?I looked at HeroMachine, and it's okay, but I have a shapeshifting character, a brick who can also manifest tentacles / pseudopods as Extra Limbs. I'd like to incorporate a couple of these into an image and not have it look like my daughter drew it. HeroMachine doesn't appear to allow that. Any suggestions?

MikeyMitchell:

I use photoshop 7.0, which, if you can get it, will allow you to manipulate images that already exist. If not for that program, I wouldn't have anything to show either, I have like 0 talent.

Here's another manip I did. Cavalier was a soldier working for a secret project (secretely controlled by Viper) that would allow a person to "phase into" a suit of power armor. The exact process was never defined by the character, but he meant for it to combine magic and technology. He always intended for it to be defined later on down the road.