Things a wise super hero should NEVER say

Hermit

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Things a wise super hero should NEVER say

"trust me, I know what I'm doing." --no you don't, put the tools down and call a mechanic.

"He couldn't possibly hit us from there..." --duck after you say this.

"No problem, I've done this before." --it's a problem, it really is.

"It's ok ma'am, we're heroes. We can take it." --which will be the momemt you can't take it.

"I kick in the door..." -- .... yeah. bad move.

"That didn't hurt." --the next round will.

"Nuke 'em from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

"Hey you guys look like those guys we beat the crap out of last week!"

(yea I actually said that but it was so incharacter. Followed closely by the beating of his life but hey :P)

"NO! Foxbat wouldn't steal a tiger, dye it green and paint orange stripes on him!"

"The alien was able to just send a short signal, shouldn't be anything we can't take care of"

"I have super-strength, I can lift anything"

"How hard it is to fight underwater really"

"He's just a whimp in a wheelchair!" (yeah, before he brainblast you with psionic powers"

and for tabascojunkie

"A human to frog spell? How useful is that??" (right before photon goes ribbit)

Re: Here you go...

That's pretty close' date=' but for real effect he should be confronting somebody in the picture. Say Dr. Strange, or Thor or, oh, I don't know...Captain America. ;)[/quote']

*Gasp*

Only Bernie Rosenthal really tells Cap off...

What are you, a commie?

:D

Back on Topic

"Whoa hot mama!" (Said to an attractive supervillainess... this will lead to pain, lots of pain... and not the fun kind)

"I think he's trying to tell us something." Regarding any noisy animal. It's either obvious so you look silly saying it, or a trap.

"I can take anything you can dish out!"

"I'm done. (Your super hero name) is no more." This invites every bad guy in the city to come make a liar out of you.

This actually occurred in a D&D game so long ago, but it would fit in with a Brick saying, "I can soak it."

Paladin as he is wading into the middle of a bunch of bad guys: "CENTER THE FIREBALL ON ME!"

Player: "I can make my save and I have just enough HP to stay alive."

The player fails his save and is incinerated along with all the bad guys.

"By the power of my mind, I make myself incredibly dense." Uhhh.... yeah, okay. Real Player statement about the source of his power. We've laughed about THIS one for SIXTEEN YEARS!

"I try to communicate with it..." "It" usually being something that would give Dracula nightmares. This goes hand-in-hand with...

"Just because it's UGLY doen't mean it's EVIL." Yeah, actually, it does...

"Now that it's dead, I check the body..." Requires no explanation.

"Why do world-conquering villains like you TALK so much?!? On and on an...*BOOOOOoommmm*"

"I stand here and resist Knockback." Right up there with "I can take it..." This was an in-character comment by a 50 Str character who'd had a semi thrown at him by our campaign equivalent of Grond... only stronger.

"They can't possibly know we're coming."

JT

This actually occurred in a D&D game so long ago, but it would fit in with a Brick saying, "I can soak it."

Paladin as he is wading into the middle of a bunch of bad guys: "CENTER THE FIREBALL ON ME!"

Player: "I can make my save and I have just enough HP to stay alive."

The player fails his save and is incinerated along with all the bad guys.

A very heroic Paladin. May he war in Valhalla for eternity!

We had an interesting variation on this on last week's game. The Ultimates (Binder, Darkstar, etc.) were attacking the PCs, and Thunderbolt I fired a lightning ball targeted on his teammates Blackstar (who was desolid at the time, and surrounded by PCs). I described the effect to the players as "Thunderbolt fires a lightning bolt directly into Blackstar's chest. Blackstar's entire body crackles with energy, then the lightning bolt explodes out ward, zapping six of you."

They tought it was an incredible display of teamwork. :)

"He doesn't look that tough." -poor deluded fool

"We already beat four of these guys, the rest of the teams going to be just as easy." - only took one villianess to prove this painfully wrong

"I'll take Hunted: Foxbat, how bad could it be?"