Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

You're serious about this aren't you?

About what? The testing of Diapers or ht epart about getting fired for giving away company secrets.

The company secrets part is true. NO one is allowed to even bring a camera phone into the plant. If they do it is immediate termination. P&G takes corp espionage seriously.

The Cape palnt is the largest development plant P&G has. We are constantly running test runs of new materials/ designs to stay ahead of the competition.

Likely he can't.

Any idea why it was moved to begin with?

Have you read it? A good deal of the thread turned into a getting-heated and rather acrimonious debate about rape, what constitutes it and what doesn't, and what holding a particular position in that regard says about the morals of the holder of that position.

Wow' date=' Doc. 198? Can you be two gods? Or is there some level beyond God?[/quote']

Well, if it weren't for the fact that Thrak already has it covered, I might suggest Great Old One for the 200 level types. ;)

Perhaps it'll end up being like the Hindu deities...take on another aspect and become two-in-one at 200; three-in-one at 300, and so on. :)

Does that include smell testing?

I find that Huggies® are better at odor-suppression than the Pampers® that Tim is QCing. Plus I prefer the pure-velcro system of Huggies®; the tape on Pampers® sticks to the boy at inconvenient times. However, Pampers® are more leakproof, which is a pretty important advantage.

We test to make sure the glues, tapes, elastics, and fabrics will hold together with sufficent strength so they cannot be easily pulled apart. The last thing the company wants to have happen is a baby, who has just learned to grab, to be able to pull the diaper apart. But the mother should have no problem doing so.

The glues should hold the peices together and elastics in place, even when heated, weighted, and under full tension.

The core material should be spread out evenly along the diaper to aborb any fluid, and the core should be sealed so the material not get on the babies skin.

The bond theat holds the tape to the ears should be strong enough so that, when stretched, the ear material tears before the bond gives way.

Then visually, the tapes should be on straight and the graphics and printing not be out of alignment with the cutting knives so that the pictures are full and not looking like a tv with vertical hold problems.

Most of this is really easy to check/test but is complicated to explain.

ANd I cannot go into any hard numbers. That would be considered giving out corp secrets and get me fired.

Ah.

If only that much testing went into Telephone Lines...

As for the secrets thing, I'm with you there - but mines US DoD mandated.

I find that Huggies® are better at odor-suppression than the Pampers® that Tim is QCing. Plus I prefer the pure-velcro system of Huggies®; the tape on Pampers® sticks to the boy at inconvenient times. However' date=' Pampers® are more leakproof, which is a pretty important advantage.[/quote']

P&G also makes Luvs.

The difference being, Pampers is more state of the art.

Any new diaper tech is introduced on Pampers first. Then when it's use has become routine, and copied by Huggies, It starts getting tested on Luvs.

Old Man, What size are you using?

P&G also makes Luvs.

Any new diaper tech is introduced on Pampers first. Then when it's use has become routine, and copied by Huggies, It starts getting tested on Luvs.

Apropros nothing :rolleyes:, when does the tech move to Depends?

Apropros nothing :rolleyes:' date=' when does the tech move to Depends?[/quote']

I have no idea. They don't make them at the Cape plant.

All we make are Pampers, Luvs, and Pampers Pull-ups. And BOunty and Charmin on the other side of the plant.

P&G also makes Luvs.

*I* do not use diapers. My *boy* is on size 3.

Just wanted to be clear on that point.

All we make are Pampers, Luvs, and Pampers Pull-ups. And BOunty and Charmin on the other side of the plant.

It's interesting that we use the latter when the former fail. (Although of course we actually get our paper towels at Costco® so it's not P&G, I don't think.)

*I* do not use diapers. My *boy* is on size 3.

Just wanted to be clear on that point.

It's interesting that we use the latter when the former fail. (Although of course we actually get our paper towels at Costco® so it's not P&G, I don't think.)

Well, since you are the one buying them.

Have you gotten any diapers with teh new ATS top sheet? (the one with all the holes for better aborbancy)?

With all that absorbancy being made there I'm surprised the river hasn't dried up. ;)

We had one person throw a handful of the AGM (the little crystal in the diaper core) into a toilet once. Luckily he didn't flush it. (It was empty before he did this)

He got fired and they had to tear out the toilet to get all the gel. That would have f'ed up the plumbing something feirce.

FYI: AGM can absorb 20+ times it's own volume of water.

And if it had gotten into the river, the EPA would have had P&G's *** for breakfast.