Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I have a 6 second clip of a gerbil scaring our cat, Jeff. It is only available in .rm format right now. Once I've had more time playing around with the video editing software, I'll put together a feature length video of cats running away from gerbils. :)

I'll also work on the resolution issue.

http://aldaric.org/video/gb2006_promo.rm

I came up with the idea for a campaign setting the other day called Dark Praetorian. The world is covered with radiation. After a meteor strike, a crater in the ocean is "cleared" of all ground soaked radiation. The crater is filled with fresh water and a plataeu is built in the middle. A city is formed using a caste based system. Because of the state of the world, the city has a mixed technology.

I brought a notepad with me today to jot down ideas and information and I'm shocked to see I'm now on the fifth pages of infomation! I'm having fun coming up with all of this information.

Okay. Good to know. ^ v ^

It is a pretty neat idea, though I'm still curious what a party would DO in such a world.

The best campaign type would be having a group of characters on the Praetorian Caste. The city is not immune to attacks. There are city raiders that may attack the city. There are exploration crews that go out looking for precious resources. You could have another city formed and conduct trade operations. You could be looking for survivors or ancient texts for the Alexandria Library.

I have seen a film called Brotherhood about the Korean war as seen by the Koreans. It is very good and it is gory.

Also saw Sky High which was a tad tame. But as it's a Disney picture that's understandable.

And in the spirit of co-operation and friendship I saw King of the Ring 95 and 96. The latter features the origin of Austin 3:16 which I had not seen before.

And another Undertaker vs Mankind match. Always good value for money.

Watched Brotherhood a year or two ago. Yes, very gory. They really could have shortened those war scenes quite a bit. I got that war was hell pretty quickly. They didn't need to shove it in my face.

I think Sky High is one of if not the best High School movie ever made. It is practically flawless, and the superhero wrapper made it just that much more fun.

Fun times: cooking up satanic final exam questions.

Lessee ... if you can deposit a charge of 1 nanoCoulomb on a 1-liter balloon by rubbing it on your sweater ... and you fill a minivan with a cargo capacity of 3 cubic meters with such balloons ... and you drive said van down the road at 100 km/hr ... estimate the current you're making ... and the magnetic field induced as you drive by ... if you drive under a high-tension power line running parallel to the highway, and the resultant magnetic force is enough to make the van swerve across a lane of traffic in 50 meters of travel down the road ... how much current is being carried in the high-tension power line?

:think: Hmmm ... well, put that one in the "silly ideas" stack, now for the next one....

What is the change in magnetic flux generated by dropping a single electron into a box through a hole of negligible size in its top?

What is the wavefunction of a particle in a potential well described by a Dirac function (a well of zero width and arbitrary depth)?

These are a couple of physics exam questions I really got, that really pissed me off when I got them.

The best campaign type would be having a group of characters on the Praetorian Caste. The city is not immune to attacks. There are city raiders that may attack the city. There are exploration crews that go out looking for precious resources. You could have another city formed and conduct trade operations. You could be looking for survivors or ancient texts for the Alexandria Library.
This at some point reminded me of the novel The Night Land' date=' particually the idea of arcology. Maybe you can make use of it.

Well, it turns out that my evil wife went ahead and surprised me by buying Civ IV last night. :D:yes::thumbup: Now, I have to figure out how to fit it into my rather busy schedule without losing all the time...

Quick question, I noticed that there are two versions of the game. There is a DVD version and a 2 CD version which I got. Is there any difference between the two?

Well, it turns out that my evil wife went ahead and surprised me by buying Civ IV last night. :D:yes::thumbup: Now, I have to figure out how to fit it into my rather busy schedule without losing all the time...

Quick question, I noticed that there are two versions of the game. There is a DVD version and a 2 CD version which I got. Is there any difference between the two?

I have no idea. I wasn't aware of a difference.