The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Woke up with my head completely packed full of slime, sneezing, coughing, runny nose, eyes watering. Seems more allergic than sick, but I'm kind of a mess at

the moment. Will "take something" and see what happens. Been a long time since my last sinus allergy attack. No fond memories.

The performance review and airing of grievances went poorly? :(

Basically, it went down as expected. I pretty much knew I wouldn't be promoted.

I'm going to post this both in the Happy Thread and the Cranky Thread. Why? Because it's a bit of a mixed bag.

Basically, I just gave my employers a month's notice. I've been unhappy there for a long time, and it's time I left. On the other hand, I don't have anything lined up, so I also have this "oh, crap!" feeling. Still, knowing I'm on a deadline is the kick in the pants I need to get a decent job.

Today has been a roller coaster of emotion.

Basically, it went down as expected. I pretty much knew I wouldn't be promoted.

I'm going to post this both in the Happy Thread and the Cranky Thread. Why? Because it's a bit of a mixed bag.

Basically, I just gave my employers a month's notice. I've been unhappy there for a long time, and it's time I left. On the other hand, I don't have anything lined up, so I also have this "oh, crap!" feeling. Still, knowing I'm on a deadline is the kick in the pants I need to get a decent job.

Today has been a roller coaster of emotion.

You've been really unhappy there for a long time, so I think you're making the right decision. Life is too short. That said, better start working your network, if you haven't already.

I hate it when a "new forum format" doesn't let me choose a dark layout. I find glaring white internet pages fantastically irritating. The fact that it seems to take longer to load is also not an improvement.

edit: This new format is so irritating (imo) that this is good-bye until it goes away.

Good-bye.