The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Thanks. The ordeal actually happened yesterday, when we had to reapply for our jobs. This took place because the Sylvan Learning Center corporate office bought out the owner of the local franchise. So we all had to redo all our paperwork, plus show our ID and credential. I had to bring my college diploma because my credential is expired, and the credentialing office is backlogged for six months. The admins had it worse. They had to do this tonight, and they had to drive all the way from San Francisco to Danville.

I do have a couple of interesting stories from this incident, though. One coworker had an ID-sized copy of his birth certificate. So I say, "Bet you don't have this," and showed him my card that says I hold Dan ranking in taekwondo. Well, you know I had to show him up, right?

I was one of the last two people to leave, because I was waiting for a friend, who had to take a couple of trains (first MUNI, then Caltrain). In one stop, a woman walks into the train carrying a curved sword which didn't look like it could be wielded as a weapon (another friend said it may be for belly dancing). After she left, a drunk walks in, his friend coming along to make sure he didn't hurt himself. He wasn't belligerent; just loud. I think his wife or girlfriend just broke up with him (this is what I gathered from what he was shouting), and he was drowning his sorrows in alcohol.

Of course, my adjoining train (BART) took forever. I didn't arrive home until about 11 pm.

Ahrg, more sad then upset but....damn

I had perfect plans to leave work early today and go down to lynchburg to see my boyfriend...but the poor guy, he's sick. He had to stay home from work because he was throwing up. He called me late yesterday and well...I haven't seen him in months (literally) and this was the only time I could see him before school starts back up (end of August)

I know it's not that long from now and well I'll be ok, but but. ..I just feel really helpless being so far away when he doesn't feel good.

With any luck *I'm crossing my fingers now* it'll be a 24 hour thing and tonight he'll call and be alright.

In one stop' date=' a woman walks into the train carrying a curved sword which didn't look like it could be wielded as a weapon (another friend said it may be for belly dancing).[/quote']

Very well could be. Jenn has one. They're balanced pretty well for the center.

Sad as well.

Yesterday had a scary incident with a cat in my building. CC wound up going into very low sugar and had collapsed. I came in the morning, found him on the floor. He got rushed to the clinic, they brought his body temp up from below 92, got sugar into his system and saved him. He was ok enough to come back this afternoon.

However, I came in this morning, found Sammy dead in the same spot. The clinic ran a necroposy on him, but we won't know the results until the lab gets back to us.

Today I checked every nook and cranny in the building, swapped out most beds, scrubbed everything and rinsed it all. I didn't find anything suspicious and we think it's probably a bad coincidence, but I'm nervous about work tomorrow.

I also checked all 60+ cats today including the ferals to make sure everyone is doing well. So far as I can tell.

Can you give me a little background on the cat situation? Because I missed the episode where you live in a building with five dozen cats. How you pull that off when you yourself are a yummy rodent' date=' I can't figure out.[/quote']

I don't live there silly.

I show up every morning, clock in. Check on the cats, pick up their dishes in each of the four rooms, then give them their breakfasts, clean the rooms and outside runs, do dishes, play and socialize with them, feed them dinner, then shut the building down, go home to my own five cats.

And I don't get eaten since I'm a 6'8" rodent.

Sad as well.

Yesterday had a scary incident with a cat in my building. CC wound up going into very low sugar and had collapsed. I came in the morning, found him on the floor. He got rushed to the clinic, they brought his body temp up from below 92, got sugar into his system and saved him. He was ok enough to come back this afternoon.

However, I came in this morning, found Sammy dead in the same spot. The clinic ran a necroposy on him, but we won't know the results until the lab gets back to us.

Today I checked every nook and cranny in the building, swapped out most beds, scrubbed everything and rinsed it all. I didn't find anything suspicious and we think it's probably a bad coincidence, but I'm nervous about work tomorrow.

I also checked all 60+ cats today including the ferals to make sure everyone is doing well. So far as I can tell.

God, sorry about that.

Ahrg, more sad then upset but....damn

I had perfect plans to leave work early today and go down to lynchburg to see my boyfriend...but the poor guy, he's sick. He had to stay home from work because he was throwing up. He called me late yesterday and well...I haven't seen him in months (literally) and this was the only time I could see him before school starts back up (end of August)

I know it's not that long from now and well I'll be ok, but but. ..I just feel really helpless being so far away when he doesn't feel good.

With any luck *I'm crossing my fingers now* it'll be a 24 hour thing and tonight he'll call and be alright.

Good luck, hope it blows over fast!

God' date=' sorry about that.[/quote']

Thanks. It was a rough day.

Though I just got back from an open mike night which was a little surreal. We had some interns, nice bunch of kids. gah, i'm calling 20+ year olds kids... They had worked on a seven song set, but were told they could only do three. And their lead singer was drunk. The only reason I had shown was because I had promised to let them borrow one of my T-shirts "Cheese is Good" which was a title of one of their songs. Always fun talking to an upset drunk. :nonp:

So, this AM, the dog has peed on the floor after peeing buckets outside, so clearly he is sick. The vet has no openings but will call us...so we're waiting...they will probably make some time at some point.

AND we sprung a leak. Somewhere under the shower is leaking, it just came through the dining room, through one of the window frames.

And normally I am sound asleep at this point on a Saturday, particularly a 3-day weekend.

:mad:

(and, yes, I whined about this elsewhere, whine, whine, whine)