The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Other than that, I got bronchitis (again) and too much to do at work to just casually take the day off. I'll do that tomorrow -- that's the earliest the doc could see me (he's been on vacation for the last ten days, so his practice is kinda hectic this week). Meanwhile, I have this horrid, barking cough, no energy, and a tendency to irritability, and I gotta go be the freakin' receptionist for a conservative, up-beat, positive, helpful (means if they don't ask I gotta offer grousegrouchgrumblegrumble), non-profit religious organization, and I just don't feel up to it. Melvin just better not start anything today. And he better be at work and in a freakin' cooperative dang mood. 'Cause I'm just not.

What is the 30-second rule? Never encountered it' date=' don't recognize the need to weep. May I have a definition, please?[/quote'] When you post you have to wait 30 seconds before you can post another. If you attempt to post in the mean time, a warning appears, telling you to wait.

As Zorn says, it occurs most in the word games when people want to be quick, and waiting 30 seconds is an eternity.

When you post you have to wait 30 seconds before you can post another. If you attempt to post in the mean time, a warning appears, telling you to wait.

As Zorn says, it occurs most in the word games when people want to be quick, and waiting 30 seconds is an eternity.

Though as you'll note I encountered it simply replying to you earlier today.

It is EVIL! EEEEEEEVVVVIIIILLLLLLLLLLL

Other than that' date=' I got bronchitis (again) and too much to do at work to just casually take the day off. I'll do that tomorrow -- that's the earliest the doc could see me (he's been on vacation for the last ten days, so his practice is kinda hectic this week). Meanwhile, I have this horrid, barking cough, no energy, and a tendency to irritability, and I gotta go be the freakin' receptionist for a conservative, up-beat, positive, [i']helpful[/i] (means if they don't ask I gotta offer grousegrouchgrumblegrumble), non-profit religious organization, and I just don't feel up to it. Melvin just better not start anything today. And he better be at work and in a freakin' cooperative dang mood. 'Cause I'm just not.

I hate bronchitis, sorry to hear it.

I hate it when people pipe up in a discussion without knowing what they're talking about and they've missed the point entirely. It's worse when you know you shouldn't even bother responding but you want to so badly...

Oh, #$#$, did I contribute again?

How are you doing?

Not too bad. sleeping alot on the couch. So I go back to the couch after my earlier post, and get some nap time in. Jenn checks in on me before heading out to some work for a friend. I go back to sleep and barely after Jenn takes off, someone knocks on the door. It's open, so I attempt to ask who is it. Being that I'm breathing through my mouth exclusively based on the wads of gauze and blood stuffed into my nose, I barely manage it.

It's a solicitor for some roofing company (we have a brand new roof) and he won't go until he makes sure I see what he can do for me.

I get up, walk to the door, and tell him to go away. He practically runs. Sure enough, I had a nice trickle of dried blood around my mouth and throat again.

It's really annoying that I'm crying. It makes it hard to type. I also have no idea why the waterworks since no pain. Probably a side effect of one of the drugs.

How long has it been since you woke up from the surgery? Anasthetics are frequently depressants, and ya gotta believe this, they will depress you. That will explain the crying. Drink lots of water. Don't dehydrate yourself. Ya gotta wash all the anasthetics out of your system. Trust me on this.

And feel better soon.

How long has it been since you woke up from the surgery? Anasthetics are frequently depressants' date=' and ya gotta believe this, they [i']will[/i] depress you. That will explain the crying. Drink lots of water. Don't dehydrate yourself. Ya gotta wash all the anasthetics out of your system. Trust me on this.

And feel better soon.

Thanks WH. Tuesday at 1pm. I'm not feeling too depressed, but that could be part of it. And the washing stuff out of my system might be part of it too.

Not too bad. sleeping alot on the couch. So I go back to the couch after my earlier post, and get some nap time in. Jenn checks in on me before heading out to some work for a friend. I go back to sleep and barely after Jenn takes off, someone knocks on the door. It's open, so I attempt to ask who is it. Being that I'm breathing through my mouth exclusively based on the wads of gauze and blood stuffed into my nose, I barely manage it.

It's a solicitor for some roofing company (we have a brand new roof) and he won't go until he makes sure I see what he can do for me.

I get up, walk to the door, and tell him to go away. He practically runs. Sure enough, I had a nice trickle of dried blood around my mouth and throat again.

Too bad you can't do that at will, eh? (well, kinda, that is)

I hope you're feeling better soon. I'll send some prayers your way for a speedy recovery.

I've got a doctor's appointment in a couple of hours.

What's making me cranky is that I received a call yesterday letting me know that my doctor won't be in, but I can be seen by "Emily." Normally, I would've postponed the appointment until I can be seen by my usual doctor. However, for about a week now I've had this strange rash growing on my leg that needs to be looked at, not to mention it's itching like crazy.

Being a diabetic, anything that goes wrong with the legs is very very important. Usually, they don't heal well and infections and such can lead to some very nasty surprises (like amputation!). I've had something similar before that left my legs with this strange mottling. Right now, I'm betting on cellulitis.

The bad thing is I don't know who this Emily is. I've been shuffled to a different female doctor once before and I don't remember her name. However, back when this happened I couldn't hear out of one ear. The female doctor checked and told me that I had ear wax clogging up the works. She suggested I go to the pharmacy and buy one of those earwax cleaning kits. Which I did. A couple of weeks later, I still couldn't hear and returned to see my doctor, upon which he told me that my eardrum was ruptured. What pisses me off isn't the wrong diagnosis, but the fact that the earwax cleaning kit isn't supposed to be used if you have a ruptured ear drum.

I hope it's not the same doctor because if it is I'm going to be a very uncooperative patient.

Damn doctors! After seeing the mess that was made out of my wife I am finding it very hard to trust any of them.

Can anything be more draining than three solid days together with one's spouse?

Three days with your Mom and ex-wife packing stuff up for a move?

I love spending three solid days with my current spouse. Although, last time I pulled my groin.

Dammit, I'm getting old. Fortunately, I've got a Gene Simmonsesque tongue.

How's that, kinky and cranky at the same time.

D