The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

To hell with cell phones. Ten years ago nobody had cell phones. Today I am expected to be instantly reachable by phone 24/7, and if I'm in a dead zone or a meeting or--heaven forbid--forget to take my cell into the bathroom with me while I take a dump, I can expect to be scolded for being so hard to reach. Wtf?

Anger leads to the Dark Side.

Theft gives you a chainsaw to fully enjoy it.

Hee. That's perfect.

Sorry to hear about your issues.

We had a credit card issue a while back, it was quickly resolved. Thanks AmEx.

And I'm sorry about your friend. Although a "third strike and your out policy" seems a little... harsh.

The back yard faucet finally got fixed. Yay! Oh, right, grumpy thread.

I'm only half way through the first season of Stargate. Damnit, I've got 5.5 seasons left.

And the Bush visit fragged over the traffic pattern. It was almost as bad as when "little wooden boy" used to show up to his campaign headquarters.

That's all I got. Things are going pretty well right now.

D

I had a very crappy day. Fortunately a visit from lemming and then some other friends of mine after that saved you all from a crank dump. Of course I didn't get any of the productive things I had intended done but...there's always tomorrow. No wait, I have a recording session tomorrow. There's always Saturday. Well, lessee, we do have some things planned Saturday - Sunday we have to do some cleaning...Monday is open though... nah, seriously, there'll be time Saturday, maybe even Friday...

mid probation continued

:mad: :mad: :mad:       :mad: :mad: :mad:       :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well I'd make a lousy meteorologist. I'm cranky about that. :mad:

Thursday and Friday was black cloud free, my blue funk is over (until Monday :-( ). I'm no longer feeling blue, I'm feeling blond and redhead.

Bazza flashes his perky ones, leaves gracefully and with decorum.

I hope they recognize the leap and adjust their evaluation and education plans accordingly. Good luck.
I did tell them that. Also the fact that I had a three week intensive training period followed by a 6 week "mentor" free period when my supervisor (who is s'possed to mentor me) went on leave. They took that into consideration as well.

Interesting conversation with my mom:

Me: "I'm going in for SInus surgery Tuesday"

Mom: "What for?"

Me: "Screwed up sinuses, "

Mom: "This will probably help your snoring"

Me: "Actually, that got taken care of when they fixed my sleep apnea"

Mom: "You had sleep apnea?"

Me: "Um, yeah. They took out my tonsils, uvela, and shaved my pallette in '96"

It's amazing to me, how many conversations like this I've had with her in the past forty years.

Interesting conversation with my mom:

Me: "I'm going in for SInus surgery Tuesday"

Mom: "What for?"

Me: "Screwed up sinuses,

"

Mom: "This will probably help your snoring"

Me: "Actually, that got taken care of when they fixed my sleep apnea"

Mom: "You had sleep apnea?"

Me: "Um, yeah. They took out my tonsils, uvela, and shaved my pallette in '96"

It's amazing to me, how many conversations like this I've had with her in the past forty years.

Well, It could be memory loss but it could also be her just having fun with you to get a reaction. Parents have a sense of humor too you know, otherwise we wouldn't be here! :eek:

Well' date=' It could be memory loss but it could also be her just having fun with you to get a reaction. Parents have a sense of humor too you know, otherwise we wouldn't be here! :eek:[/quote']

I wish it were either of the two. It's not really memory loss, more like apathy. If this was a recent development, I could go with the memory, but it's a type of conversation I've gone through many times.

So far, all my friends who've met her (and especially the ones that also got the pleasure of meeting my grandmother) have wondered how I turned out as normal as I did.

I wish it were either of the two. It's not really memory loss, more like apathy. If this was a recent development, I could go with the memory, but it's a type of conversation I've gone through many times.

So far, all my friends who've met her (and especially the ones that also got the pleasure of meeting my grandmother) have wondered how I turned out as normal as I did.

well you know the saying "That which does not kill me or drive me insane will put a Doctor's kid(s) through college!" :D

Guest Skaramine

Some people on the internet need to be pulled aside and have etiquette and tact beaten into them with a tire iron until they can return to polite society.

What did I do now????

Some people on the internet need to be pulled aside and have etiquette and tact beaten into them with a tire iron until they can return to polite society.

Why limit this to people on the internet? Lets extend it to people with telephones. I work for a telesurveying company, where I call people up and talk to them about beer and cigarettes (or of you're lucky, Sears). All we do is take up to 10-15 minutes of your time (though most don't quallify and the survey's over after 30-60 seconds) and you can put your vote in on new products or how the next set of comercials will geared. But for some reason, the people I call will yell at me before I can even tell them why I'm calling. For all they know, I could be calling to tell them they've won a million dollars, tax free and all they have to do is pick it up (I don't even need a credit card number). I'm not of course, but they don't know that. I kinda wish that was what I was doing, then I could honestly laugh at all the fools afraid of the telephone.

I don't yell, but I often say "Sorry, I'm not interested, goodbye." "Or I'm Asleep, GOodbye." I work swing shift, sleep late. :(

Why limit this to people on the internet? Lets extend it to people with telephones. I work for a telesurveying company' date=' where I call people up and talk to them about beer and cigarettes (or of you're lucky, Sears). All we do is take up to 10-15 minutes of your time (though most don't quallify and the survey's over after 30-60 seconds) and you can put your vote in on new products or how the next set of comercials will geared. But for some reason, the people I call will yell at me before I can even tell them why I'm calling. For all they know, I could be calling to tell them they've won a million dollars, tax free and all they have to do is pick it up (I don't even need a credit card number). I'm not of course, but they don't know that. I kinda wish that was what I was doing, then I could honestly laugh at all the fools afraid of the telephone.[/quote']