The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Is it too much to ask for people to leave critical servers in a functional state? I need to jumpstart this one machine, but since we're trying to improve the jumpstart server, the old (working) one has been taken offline and replaced with a new one. But as it turns out the new one isn't working, which would have been cool to know before I spent the whole fricking day trying to get the install going. So I take the old server back online, and I figure I'll just get teh install going once I get home. Now here I am, and I've just discovered that the console server didn't log me out properly--so the session is stuck. Now I can't get to the machine I'm trying to set up, and the only way to fix it so I can is to go back to the office and power cycle the damn console server. But whatever, I wasted a week and a half installing the portal server software on a machine that doesn't have enough RAM, so what's one more day? Dammit!

OUCH.

That reminds me, I need to change my sig. I think you will like it.

Is it too much to ask for people to leave critical servers in a functional state? I need to jumpstart this one machine' date=' but since we're trying to improve the jumpstart server, the old (working) one has been taken offline and replaced with a new one. But as it turns out the new one [i']isn't[/i] working, which would have been cool to know before I spent the whole fricking day trying to get the install going. So I take the old server back online, and I figure I'll just get teh install going once I get home. Now here I am, and I've just discovered that the console server didn't log me out properly--so the session is stuck. Now I can't get to the machine I'm trying to set up, and the only way to fix it so I can is to go back to the office and power cycle the damn console server. But whatever, I wasted a week and a half installing the portal server software on a machine that doesn't have enough RAM, so what's one more day? Dammit!

You'll probably have to wait 3-6 months to have a "pre-existing condition" covered. :(

See if the state has a program. Though in WA it is for low income only...

Have you checked into what it might cost to get it done? Seems like it should be "relatively minor" surgery. I suppose you MIGHT be able to avoid a general anaesthetic... :jawdrop:

No insurance' date=' unfortunately. Maybe I should look into Blue Cross.[/quote']