The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Why is it whenever I just want a quiet ride on the bus to work' date=' there's always some loudmouthed f***tard screaming his fool head off? I'm glad I cussed at him before I disembarked.[/quote']

Because loudmouthed jerks have a "leave me the @#$^ alone" sensor, and are contrary by nature.

Once I started both listening to music and reading a book while on public transportation I noticed that either I stopped noticing them, or they just started leaving me alone more.

And today I became A moron. Not really today, actually 13 days ago. Today it was just pointed out.

So for almost 2 weeks I've been wondering why my rent payment hasn't pulled. I mean I transfered the money to the control account and wrote the check.

Today, there was a non-payment notice on my door. Angrily I marched to the office told them that I paid on the sixth. And the night manager looked in the computer. Sure enough there was my payment. He told me he'd have the accountant call me tomorrow.

Showed me the check number and I thanked him.

Then I got back to my apartment and read the notice. ...Late fee 50$....NSF fee 25...

NSF? My check didn't bounce! The funds were there! TO THE ONLINE BANKING ..er...mobile? Nope, made the transfer on the 6th. Just like I said. Check number...hey, they said that the check was number 1235 and my check book is on number...8?

:nonp:

Hey, I closed that old checking account and opened a new one didn't I? Yes to get that nice Online Savings rate...Aw.....no.

So with a new check in hand I walked back in the rain and blubbered about how it was all my fault. Now I have to go in and throw myself on the mercy of my landlords...*sigh*

I should stay home from work tomorrow. I apparently caught the Dumb.

Because loudmouthed jerks have a "leave me the @#$^ alone" sensor, and are contrary by nature.

Once I started both listening to music and reading a book while on public transportation I noticed that either I stopped noticing them, or they just started leaving me alone more.

Or I get mad at them, which often shuts them up too. But I'm saving my angry tirade for a coworker who started putting on airs and sticking his nose in everyone's business. We haven't crossed paths yet this week, but tomorrow I plan to have a word with him.

Hmm, probably more difficult than putting antibiotic gel into a feral cat's eye.

At least with a cat, it's acceptable to use a net.

Didn't we leave her in Sanctuary?

:P Old gaming joke. Outsider might remember it, if he had joined our group then, Like I said OOOOLLLLLDDDDD!:help:

The amazing thing about kids? Took him hardly any time to get back to normal. He's now sitting on the floor of my office, coloring a snowflake to hang on my wall. "Gee, Daddy, the eyedrops made it feel better! When can you put more in again?"

I swear he's trying to make me go insane.

I am not sure they NEED to try. I think it is their natural state! :sneaky::D

Two minor Crankys on my part.

1) clothes dryer is not working, the tensioner on the drive belt seems to be failing. bleahhh, I spent about an hour trying to figure out how to access it, when I get time, It looks like I will have to dis-assemble most of the darned thing to get at it.

2) A couple weeks ago my wife sold back a bunch of surplus cook books, art books, etc for in store credit, which she used for some Christmas gifts. Okay, I knew that.

Yesterday I went to show a friend our book of "Brom" art because a friend of his was looking for tatoo ideas. So guess what book she had sold back to avoid it disturbing Tavish as he gets older...

The only other one I considered more or less "Mine" is the Bev Doolitle. Yes, I know the pair might make me seem a little split.

It is not a MAJOR cranky, really only a little bit larger than when she leaves the bread bag open, but...

I am such a lucky man! The bread bags are the largest complaint I can usually think of. :D:P

Ah, parenthood.

Playing cards with the five-year-old boy. The three-year-old girl runs into the room.

"Hi, daddy!"

She runs out.

She runs back in.

"Look at me, daddy!"

She jumps up and down, then runs back out.

She runs back in, stands next to me, and smiles. Then, suddenly, her face changes to a look of horror, and . . .

"IIIIIII'MMMMMM POOOOOOOOOPPIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!!"

*sigh*

Free advice from the Old Man: If you're going to welsh on a payment and have that company refer your account to a collections agency' date=' do not put your boss' phone number down as your work number. Especially if I am your boss.[/quote']

:lol:

I would LOVE to have been a fly on the wall for that little discussion.

The entire day today was an exercise in futility!

I was scheduled to teach tkd at noon today. I predicted nobody would show up this close to Christmas, and I was right. So I left early.

Earlier in the day, I went to the mall downtown to do some Christmas shopping. I couldn't find anything there, and there was this overpowering stench of strong cologne in the air that made me ill. I tried my luck after I left the dojang. I bought a few things, but it took me forever to find a gift for my stepfather. I couldn't find what he wanted, so I had to get him something else. And I bought a few toys for the Toys for Tots program. I dropped by work (I wasn't scheduled to work today because they cut my hours) to drop them off, only to find the collection bin had already been taken.

If the point of getting through today was to completely waste my time, it went swimmingly! :thumbdown

:lol:

I would LOVE to have been a fly on the wall for that little discussion.

Haven't had it yet. I'm putting it off until later next week, so as not to be a complete grinch.

The guy's a short-timer anyway. Anyone who works with him comes away with a... very bad impression. I just love it when I am given responsibility for employees that other people have hired.

Right before Christmas my wife ducked into the animal shelter for whom we fostered kittens. The second litter had five kittens; we adopted one (Hobbes), and another was a "replacement" for one from the first litter who died shortly after adoption of a congenital heart defect.

The other three are still in the shelter awaiting adoption. :( :( :( :(

Right before Christmas my wife ducked into the animal shelter for whom we fostered kittens. The second litter had five kittens; we adopted one (Hobbes), and another was a "replacement" for one from the first litter who died shortly after adoption of a congenital heart defect.

The other three are still in the shelter awaiting adoption. :( :( :( :(

SOrry, we already have 3 cats and two dogs. Maybe in a couple years...

:(

I've been on the road since last Friday. I'm not home yet. I told my boss to call Josh's cellphone if a problem should crop up; so far, I've heard nothing. That isn't necessarily a good thing; his cellphone gets no coverage up here.

I am so SICK of being in a car, and I've actually gotten tired of energy-sustaining carbs. Coffee is even getting a little tired.