The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

ANOTHER car repair needed? What the frig?

Only $500, sure, and it can wait (provided I keep getting checked to make sure all the fluid doesn't leak out meanwhile), but what the crap? I've had this car for five years, JUST paid it off, and it needs $2k in repairs already?

Arrrrrgh.

Ahhh, you hit the five year mark! When the dealerships gives it yto you, they set the break timer for the end of the loan.

Will sell Soul to Devil to permanently eradicate cough.

You need to watch more Twilight Zone episodes.... cuz that never works out the way you wanted.

I've got a cold myself. It's already ruined one gaming experience (online no less, though not a HERO game) for me by making me so fuzzyheaded (the cold med didn't help) as to render me stupid. I slept 12 hours one day, and now can't sleep at all, and so forth. I hope it passes soon and goes away.

EDIT: And to top it off, it has really screwed with my writing

Bleah, I've been dianosed. I have an Asthmatic Cough. I've never had Asthma before in my life. Now I have two inhalers, Nexium, Alavert, I will have a breathing tube to use with the one inhaler and Prednisone which I'm not taking now, but is just in case he decides later I should.

I can't go back to Karate until he sees how I am at my next appointment on 12/17. I was invited to test for my next belt at the end of Jan. It doesn't look like that's happening. :(

Sorry to hear that. I went to Krav Maga too soon last week to "sweat it out," and my cough got worse the next day. Despite resting through the weekend, my voice was incredibly raspy, and I was sent home from work. I haven't worked out lately, but I'm getting better. I'll try to work out again come Monday. I'm taking a couple of days off work, so I'll use this time to heal up.

Whoa. Malware attack. Muthaf***er. Was checking my Hotmail account when suddenly my Internet window disappeared and I had a checkbox that said, "Your computer has been infected with malware! Click now to download a free anti-virus/spyware/malware checker!"

I clicked the X in the upper right corner and my internet window was back, but I had been taken to a new site, which said, "Download your new anti-virus software! Downloading...."

I quickly hit the Home button, and was taken back through the same two screens -- first the checkbox, then the new window. Then a new Windows message popped up -- "Do you want to install blahblahblah.exe on your computer?" I clicked Cancel, then closed IE. Whole thing took maybe 3 seconds.

Damn. Gotta go talk to IT about running a real virus/malware/adware check on my machine now.

Whoa. Malware attack. Muthaf***er. Was checking my Hotmail account when suddenly my Internet window disappeared and I had a checkbox that said, "Your computer has been infected with malware! Click now to download a free anti-virus/spyware/malware checker!"

I clicked the X in the upper right corner and my internet window was back, but I had been taken to a new site, which said, "Download your new anti-virus software! Downloading...."

I quickly hit the Home button, and was taken back through the same two screens -- first the checkbox, then the new window. Then a new Windows message popped up -- "Do you want to install blahblahblah.exe on your computer?" I clicked Cancel, then closed IE. Whole thing took maybe 3 seconds.

Damn. Gotta go talk to IT about running a real virus/malware/adware check on my machine now.

I'd recommend running Spybot - Search & Destroy and installing SpywareBlaster. Spybot is a scanner and SpywareBlaster is a filter. I haven't had any issues since I started using them.