The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Thank you.

Last word was that she seemed to be responding to the Benadryl, but that they are watching her to make sure that there isn't anything that they've missed.

JoeG

Sounds reasonable.

We have a pretty strict protocol with vaccines at work. Someone monitors the cat for 15-30 minutes in case of reaction. We probably have a dozen per year. (Out of several hundred shots) And any that do have a notation in their chart that goes to whoever may adopt them.

The Vet called this morning. They're running some blood tests and some x-rays today to see if there's anything else wrong. Apparently, in the morning feeding, she vomited--though that tends to happen with some kinds of wet food (which is what they gave her). I should know more later today.

JoeG

I've said it before' date=' and I'll say it again. The bastards who write spyware, adware, and malware are subhuman, slimy, obnoxious, brain-damaged, soulless c**ts who need to die slow, horrible, lingering deaths in pools of their own blood and vomit.[/quote']

I've always thought that the appropriate punishment for a first offense of writing malware should be removal of the hands.

Edit: Actually, I should change that to distributors. I can think of a few legitimate reasons to write malware (research among others) but there aren't any for distributing it.

I've always thought that the appropriate punishment for a first offense of writing malware should be removal of the hands.

Edit: Actually, I should change that to distributors. I can think of a few legitimate reasons to write malware (research among others) but there aren't any for distributing it.

I think whatever punishment there is should be of such a severity that the Marquis De Sade would look at it and say "Dude ... harsh."

Re: The cranky thread (really Happy Thread now)

My cat's back home, apparently no worse for wear. The Vet's not really sure which of the injections triggered the problem, and has recommended that we never vaccinate her again. That should be okay, as our cats are exclusively indoor only. The only problem that I could see is if we need to board her in the future.

JoeG

Re: The cranky thread (really Happy Thread now)

My cat's back home, apparently no worse for wear. The Vet's not really sure which of the injections triggered the problem, and has recommended that we never vaccinate her again. That should be okay, as our cats are exclusively indoor only. The only problem that I could see is if we need to board her in the future.

JoeG

Sounds good. Rabies vaccine lasts longer than the usual anyway and many states waive rabies if reason is given. And you could always look into a pet sitter.

I think whatever punishment there is should be of such a severity that the Marquis De Sade would look at it and say "Dude ... harsh."

For years I have been advocating tying them to a chair with their mouths gagged.

PUt the chair in a room behind a computer station, with a little old lady at the computer.

The absolute top of the line system with a dedicated T-1 link...

He has to watch while she plays solitaire and checks her email. :eg:

Do you mean "getting it on" in the Winter is bad' date=' or the season itself ? I think it's a great way to stay warm myself..... ;)[/quote']

The season sucks. I'm freezing, have a cold, and neither my, nor my wife's, vehicle will start. We need to boycott trade with Canada so maybe they won't send us any more cold air.