The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I get that. I try to distract myself with busywork, if possible. Cleaning, or better, working in the yard. Often, though, life is so busy and full of small children that it is not possible. Especially since it requires a certain amount of motivation that is hard to come by at such times.

I'm having a dark day' date=' just generally depressed about life in general.[/quote']

I'm having that sort of day too. Perhaps something to do with sleeping badly last night and having a shoulder ache all day, but I just felt down mentally. Even putting together some graphics that a few people really liked barely registered with me.

Having a nice cup of tea helped when I got home.

I've been trying to fall asleep for five f***ing hours. Sleeping pills don't help. Music doesn't help. I'm frickin' exhausted' date=' but I just. can't. fall. asleep.[/quote']

http://www.herogames.com/forums/blog.php?b=991

http://www.herogames.com/forums/blog.php?b=992

http://www.herogames.com/forums/blog.php?b=993

Day from heck today

I can't access T drive

Tried to fix it

End up bumping stupid Christmas tree

Tree wobbles, won't stabilize

Ornaments, many of them glass, in danger

Propping it up short term doesn't work

So I begin to disrobe tree one handed by myself, THAT'S a lot of fun

House mates are called, and I know they're thinking I'm one incompetent moron (Ok, maybe not, but -I'm- thinking that)

Tree disrobed, leaning against wall

T drive still down

Can not access WoW so I can legally HIT something (even if it is only virtual)

A lot of small #$#$ today, adding up

And someone stole the pizza I had saved for myself

I was about to post pretty much the same thing. Three nights in a row, I just haven't been able to sleep. Happens periodically. I'm not particularly stressed or worried about anything or even thinking I need to get stuff done. I just. Can't. Sleep. I get up for a while, lay back down, can't sleep. When I fall asleep, I wake up again. Last night, I finally got to sleep around 2:00 or so, then at 5:00 a.m. the kittens (who got their first night roaming free all night last night) decided it was time to play chase in our bedroom and woke me up. You're adorable, now go away before I do something that would make P.E.T.A. put me on their most wanted list.

My brain has been utter Jell-O for two days now, can't concentrate, can't think. I've forced myself awake my ingesting a bunch of higher-caffeine teas, but I need to stop that soon or . . . I won't sleep tonight! Yay!

The wife and I are both IT contractors. My contract is up on 3/16, but is most likely being renewed. Her contract is up 6/30, and there's no way it's being renewed. In effect, there's a decent chance one of us will be unemployed in five months, and at least a small chance we both will. Do you think we could maybe see about whether we'll have jobs before we start planning flights to go visit her family? Is that such a crazy idea?

Sheesh. 3-4 inches of mixed ice/snow/sleet on the ground. Another 2 inches expected tonight. And I have to go to work tomorrow. :thumbdown

edit: Tried to get out today. WE got 3 INCHES of snow last night. and I got stuck at the end of my driveway. Took me an hour just to pull it in far enough not to be out in the road.

glad I went in yesterday. I'm not losing any time this way.

I found out how CitiBank plans to bail itself out. My interest rate went from 6.5% to 14.99% on one of my cards. :mad:

That's just more incentive not to use it.

JoeG

Yow, how was it ever 6.5? I bailed on Citibank forever back in 1989, when it was 21.5%....

The other day it was warm. Well above freezing anyway. And around here that means MUD. I ended up at my sisters house. I called her dog over to get his ears scratched. The &^$&^%&^ big, fuzzy, MUDDY chow walked right past me, jumped into my pickup and made himself comfortable on my passanger seat! :mad: