Creepy Pics.

Mightybec

Re: Creepy Pics.

They cover their eyes when not moving to avoid that sort of thing' date=' and they aren't really made of stone. They're indestructible except by some really weird junk. Concrete would probably slow them down, but you'd have to watch their exposed head all the time the concrete was setting.[/quote']

ONce they are moving, their hands are not in front of their eyes. mirrors taped to their eyes might work.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL - Roleplayers make very bad audiences for horror.

"A charging tyrannosaur is no problem, all you need to do is step to one side and lay a series of man traps in front of their feet as they run, then as they start hopping in pain grease up a steep slope just in front of them that leads down to a deep pit of quicksand. That I prepared earlier."

Speak for yourself - I found Blink terrifying. And how would the roleplayers arrange any of those traps when you don't dare take your eyes off the Angel, don't blink, or, god in heaven, dare split up?

Of course, that said more horror movies do make me throw my arms up in despair at the victims lack of lateral thinking, but then Moffat is that good a writer.

They cover their eyes when not moving to avoid that sort of thing' date=' and they aren't really made of stone. They're indestructible except by some really weird junk. Concrete would probably slow them down, but you'd have to watch their exposed head all the time the concrete was setting.[/quote']

Embed a webcam and light source with them. Watch even though they are fully entombed. :eg:

"A charging tyrannosaur is no problem, all you need to do is step to one side and lay a series of man traps in front of their feet as they run, then as they start hopping in pain grease up a steep slope just in front of them that leads down to a deep pit of quicksand. That I prepared earlier."

Now all we need are Shaggy and Scooby to lure the monster in.

Speak for yourself - I found Blink terrifying. And how would the roleplayers arrange any of those traps when you don't dare take your eyes off the Angel, don't blink, or, god in heaven, dare split up?

Of course, that said more horror movies do make me throw my arms up in despair at the victims lack of lateral thinking, but then Moffat is that good a writer.

Nods, I quite agree. My comments were my observation on RPer's reactions rather to my own. I found Blink an excellent story, and the Angels a splendid new addition to Who canon... but every time I see them being discussed the focus is less on story and atmosphere and more on the chances of putting mirrored hoods on the Weeping Angels or some other such unlikely fun.

Embed a webcam and light source with them. Watch even though they are fully entombed. :eg:

A later story addressed that... even a recorded or transmitted image of a Weeping Angel can allow the Angel to manifest through the viewing medium.

A later story addressed that... even a recorded or transmitted image of a Weeping Angel can allow the Angel to manifest through the viewing medium.

Not just manifest... it creates a new Angel.

I hate it when they make things functionally impossible to stop.

Part of why I never really wanted to play Call of Cthulu....

Do you specifically fear that scenario' date=' or do you have many distinct fears that happen to come together in that scenario?[/quote']

Well, if Im in dark water, I KNOW that theres a huge, toothy fish waiting to eat me out there, somewhere.

If Im underwater already, I believe that the appearance of a huge, toothy fish is a logical motivator for me to be creeped out.

I dont understand why THIS is my phobia, considering I live in a land-locked state...

You watched Jaws as a child.

I read the first 10 pages when I was 10. then I put it down...

Then I read everything I could get my hands on like "The Maybe Monsters" http://www.amazon.com/maybe-monsters-Gardner-Soule/dp/B0007DXM9G/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1323671491&sr=1-1

amazing I remembered the title from 35 years or so ago...

Well, if Im in dark water, I KNOW that theres a huge, toothy fish waiting to eat me out there, somewhere.

If Im underwater already, I believe that the appearance of a huge, toothy fish is a logical motivator for me to be creeped out.

I dont understand why THIS is my phobia, considering I live in a land-locked state...

I can somewhat relate. I have a mild aversion to open water, though it hasn't kept me out of Lake Michigan or the Gulf of Mexico.

But I'm a bit more reluctant to go snorkeling or scuba diving...

You had a bad experience in a wading pool?

Lake Geneva for me

I gather that when not observed, the Weeping Angels kind of expanded into a fuzzy cloud of possible locations and then re-collapsed into a set position when observed again (hence how they could get up on ledges, into basements without opening doors, and the like). Booby traps probably wouldn't be a problem.

I did think they were much creepier when it seemed there were only 4 of them and they were unexplained abstract things rather than just a weird species subject to the passage of time and quirks of biology/reproduction.