A Bathroom

Re: A Bathroom

After searching around a little this seemed like an appropriate thread for this Base building question. What's your general feeling on Skill Levels bought for Bases to improve their labs instead of buying-up all of their labs individually?

An example I'm thinking of is a team's Base with maybe a half dozen labs (mostly science and tech related) and the team builds a couple laptops that can be brought from lab to lab to improve that lab's ability when present. I'm thinking this would be a reasonable SFX for 8 pt Skill Levels (maybe on an OAF, but not necessary). Too efficient?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking this would be a reasonable SFX for 8 pt Skill Levels (maybe on an OAF' date=' but not necessary). Too efficient?[/quote']Yeah, I'd say it probably is. For one thing, Skill Levels must be dynamically allotcated, and how would a Base "allot" its levels? :)

As a GM, I would generally require better labs to be simulated by buying up the individual Skills that represent them. However, I might allow a Base to have a Skill Enhancer, if the Base is dedicated to only that kind of lab. (For example, I might allow a scientific lab complex to take the Scientist Skill Enhancer, as long as all of its labs were represented by Science Skills.)

how about

Extra Demensional movement (Local Waste disposal network) 0 Endurance +1/2 Limited power (can only move approximately 4.0 kg of material into sewer space) -1/4 Independant -2 OAF Immobile -2 Extra Time (5 Minutes) -2 Activation roll 15- Jammed. -3/4

BP 20 AP 30 RC 3

:bounce:

Not Fractions!

The problem is' date=' it's a short step from "Here's how you stat up a bathroom, hee hee" to "Hi, I'm new, I'm trying to build a base and I saw this thread that shows how to build a bathroom but I don't understand it and can someone help..."[/quote']

[KIDDING] Those are the same people that don't understand fractions and are, therefore, no great loss. [/KIDDING]

[ANAL_RETENTIVE] I have noticed that most people are stating the toilet. The 'bathroom' is far more versitile than that. I am thinking Transform for general grooming. Images for the mirror and light. Transform or Summon for the sink and bathtub. Healing w/Gradual Effect and Only Select Individuals for the medicine cabinet. Entangle for the floor rugs. What am I forgetting...? Oh! Telescopic Sense, Sight OAF Empty Toilet Paper Roll. [/ANAL_RETENTIVE]

Yeah' date=' I'd say it probably is. For one thing, Skill Levels must be dynamically allotcated, and how would a Base "allot" its levels? :)[/quote']

Well, I guess I'm a little enamored with the laptop idea, although it wouldn't work for all (or many) bases. The characters would have to share them, bringing them from lab to lab as needed, and that's the SFX for how the Skill Levels are allotted. But I guess in non-combat time it would very seldom be an issue as to whose turn it was to get the +1 (or whatever) in their lab. There might be other ways... I might just give up the idea if I can't justify it better.

I like the Skill Enhancer idea, too.

I'm also thinking about how a Base's lab rolls are always complementary, and if or how that weighs in. A character could spend 1 pt to give his SS roll a +1, or he could spend that point giving his lab a +5. If the lab makes a given roll by an extra 5, he would get an additional +3 to his roll (this would be an average return and only when he's in the lab). Does the "only in the lab" limitation balance out the gain? And does the fact that the dice roll is weighted towards the middle come into play? I'm still fiddling with numbers. Any input welcome.

Guest WhammeWhamme

I built bases just archer does. Almost everything is free. Personally, I don't think that a bathroom or kitchen should cost points when having a Van Gough in every room wouldn't.

Actually, the last would _save_ points.

Because the base now has "Hunted: Art Thieves". :D

I once built a character (but never played it) that had the following:

LS: Does not need to eat or excrete, Lim: Still has to eat (-1)

And then I bought Growth and Density Increase with the Extra Time and Must eat the equivalent bio-mass limitation. I figured, over time, the character would just get bigger and heavier until he finally "expelled" the excess bio-mass.

It was about the time that I was trying to write-up the Expell Bio-mass (Energy Blast) :sick: that I decided that this was not the character that I wanted to play...

• 1 year later...

As has been said before, you draw it on the map... If you draw it on the map, it takes up hexes... Hexes aren't free, you pay for them... Look at the Base Size Table... You spend points to give the Base its allocation of Hexes... After that, anything that takes up space is consuming this limited resource during design... ANYTHING...

If you want to add extras with points, you can, but defaults are free other than the space they take up...