What would your character do #~75

Whitewings

Re: What would your character do #~75

Starguard -- petition the New Sentinels to find a way to bring him down without trashing the government.

Dr. Pain -- "Shit. Why the hell am I always getting caught up in this cosmic crap? I'm a retired pro wrestler with superstrength! I put bad guys in figure 4's, I don't solve world peace!"

Baron von Darien -- as mentioned before, he's the senior member of the Trismegistus Council. So after he gets through kicking himself for having obviously fallen down on the job, he will coordinate an... effective... response.

(And by 'effective', I mean 'nobody will be able to prove he was anywhere near the scene of the fatal accident'.)

Valkeyrie:Would research demonic pacts and their nature, trying to find away to undo the demonologist's power. If she could not, she'd talk to American Citizen (the premiere superhero in her world) to see what he would advise.

Tao: Doesn't really beleive in "magic" but would if this leader was truly corrupt, she would be trouble but it is outside her jurisdiction. There is also her almost subconsious fear of magic since all her "components" were brutally slain by a magical nemnesis.

Shidoku: "Well, that's gotta suck...not much I can do about it though." Unless of course, the Project sends her in to terminate this guy which with her luck would happen.

Eve: Black Magic is scary! She'd tell her friend Element (She knows about magic stuff) and hope she could do something about it. But if she had to fight, she'd try to be very brave and tough like Hardbody.

Mask of Justice: Kind of suspected that of Hitler all along. Hopefully he can help bollix the Nazi leader and his Thule Society's spells.

Rock Bottom: "Uh, do we know the number of any archmages?"

Calculus: Will work out a way to trick the leader into breaking his contract with the dark forces, allowing the problem to clean itself up.

Kira Midori: "This is why we have a mage on the team, though if the dark forces are vulnerable to my Christian faith, so much the better."

Talion: "So what else is new? Looks like I'm going to be spending a few decades in prison for treason."

There is a simple although time consuming way that I would deal with this 'person'. I would gather the evidence that lead me to believe that he obtained the position through black magic and turn a copy of it to the authorities so that they can kick him out and at the same time I would let the media in on his secret. If neither one works then then I would sit back. After all eventually (before long) the devil that he worked through will demand repayment for the service. The more that the person goes for assistance the bigger the price. If nothing else, the devil will very effectively get him out of office, possibly before either of the first two methods can come to play. :cheers:

If someone could show her he really was dealing with an evil extradimensional enemy, Cyrande would hand the information to Horus(team leader) and after his looking it over, going and exploding the guy's internal organs.

(She has a hatred of corruption, and she can't stand the concept of someone selling out their race like that. Plus, no CvK)

Cobalt: Expose him for what he his and allow the legal reprocussions take their course.

Vantage: Vantage would seem somewhat happier one day. That same day the black magic politician would be reported missing.

Zectron: Beat him up in public, thereby simultaneously exposing his evil powers and bringing him to justice (and looking good on TV).

Kristian Rolyat: Investigate further, collect evidence and turn it over to someone more capable of handling the situation.

Adonis – would be most interested in the nature of the pact itself. If it is the typical “sell your soul for powerâ€, Adonis would pretty much watch and sees what happens. If on the other hand it is the “sacrifice an infant every full moon†kind of pact, than Adonis would probably attempt to prevent the next sacrifice and if possible get evidence to put the guy away.

Guest Soulcatcher

Darkwyn:will do different thingsdepending on the situation. she would either neutralize the magic, unmask him, check in the old country to see if any acquaintancies did the deal to find how to get him to violate the deal.

Soulcatcher: would go one step further than Darkwyn and, if necessary, corrupt him and reveal it to force him out of office.

Jack T. Chance "Told you I didn't vote for him."

Daniel Knight He would double check the source of the information to determine whether or not he is being used. If it is indeed fact and he can not prove that voting has been tampered with, he would take his group underground and do damage control while trying to establish a network of spies and informants to be able to take him down.

Bane He would be extremely upset, seeing as he put the idiot on the throne himself. He would then take out his frustration on the King for being lied to and being given a royal title because the king thought it would be funny if the vampire was referred to as Count.

Golden Eagle would disbelieve it. If someone told him that the president had signed a pact with an alien entity, claiming to be satan, Golden Eagle would try to work with the congress to have him impeached. If it were a foreign head of state, he would look for evidence of crimes against humanity, and petition the UN to intervene.

The Protector would gather the evidence, talk to his preacher, pray for guidance, and change his party affiliation if needed.

Bouncer would call his wrestling buddies from south of the border and tell them the leader has made a deal with Satan and may be building a robot.

Toreador is just a college student, but he would organize protests, and if given the opportunity, expose him.

Johnny Angel would shout "Holy Cats, Kruschev is working with Satan, and he'll be in Disneyland tommorrow!" He would gather his classmates in the Rockin' Rolls, and prepare to fly it to Anaheim.

Blackcat would talk to her teammates and get proof. Then find a way to bring him down.

Ballistic would use his magic to "break" the bargain, thus earning him his reward for after he achieved his ends (damnation, being eaten by the demon whatnot).

Terminal Velocity would run for help. (Hey he's a 260 pt beginning super).

Try to determine if the contract came with a foreclosure clause...then get the person in question to screw up and let the 'powers that shall not be named' deal with him.

Otherwise build a robot version of a dead villian and have it kill him. Sometimes the simplest plans are the best...

In your typical wide-open comic book universe' date=' what (if anything) would your characters do if they learned that a head of state had gained that status by use of black magic? I mean *real* black magic, "deal with the Devil" et. al.[/quote']

Peacekeeper's Response: It would be very hard to convince Peacekeeper that a crime had been committed here, and thus very hard to motivate him to take action. He would have quite some difficulty understanding what everyone was upset about. From Peacekeeper's perspective, using black magic to attain political power is no different than convincing a bunch of people to vote for you, both are irrational and illegitimate forms of governance. The only sensible form of governance is total obediance to a single supreme authority in which absolute power resides.

Iron Demon's Response: Turns to his trusted lieutenant, Bob, and says "See, didn't I tell you? I knew he was the antichrist."

Nova's reaction would depend on what the guy traded or promised to the Dark Powers, and how he is governing. If the guy just promised his soul and he's doing not signficantly worse than "normal" governments, he would leave him alone (but keep a very strict eye on him, too. Nova is pragmatical, but given his background, is rather prejudiced against such things). If his pact involves the suffering of innocents ("sacrifice ten babies each year"), or, even worse, a danger to mankind ("perforn the summoning ritual to unleash Demon Lord on Earth") and/or he is downright tyrannical, he would overthrow him, publicy expose him, and kill him with extreme prejudice, and seek to get to his overlord in the process. Nobody deals with demonic menaces to mankind and stays unscathed, with Nova around.

Cannis: ~Hmm…this could be useful.~ She lets her team mates know and then attempts to gather as much information as possible, especially the terms of the agreement. At the very least she’ll sneak into his home and office to take a look around and get any evidence she can.

If his promise to the dark power just affects him (his own soul), or certain minor sacrifices that don’t directly effect her, she turns the information over to Adam for blackmail purposes.

Her actions will be different if on the other hand, his promise is going to cause her major problems later (perform a ritual to summon hoards of demons to earth in one year, kill all mutants), or if the promise is so heinous that it badly disturbs her (torture of children). In those cases, unless Adam specifically orders her not to, she’ll work with Konochi and the rest of her teammates to kill him quickly and quietly. Actually, just because she is best at it), Kono will probably make the kill while the rest of them distract the guards, ensure the any police and heroes are busy elsewhere, etc. But Cannis would have no objection to killing the Head of State herself if need be.

Sailor Io: Though she would be angry that someone had deliberately tainted themselves just to gain political power, she wouldn’t go after the head of state directly. Rather she and the scout would set about breaking the deal from the other end. Specifically by destroying the demon he made the pact with. Senshi fight demons and supernatural beings, not humans.

Nevertheless, if Io could find evidence of the Head of State’s corruption, she would carefully edit it to remove anything that proved that supernatural beings did exist and then send copies of it anonymously to the proper authorities. She would include a note stating, “I managed to discover some frightening facts about Head of State. Apparently he believes that demons are real and that he has sold his soul to one. He has been (insert examples of his corruption here) in an attempt to gain power from this so called demon. I am providing you with all of the information I found.â€

Sailor Io: Though she would be angry that someone had deliberately tainted themselves just to gain political power, she wouldn’t go after the head of state directly. Rather she and the scout would set about breaking the deal from the other end. Specifically by destroying the demon he made the pact with. Senshi fight demons and supernatural beings, not humans.

Nevertheless, if Io could find evidence of the Head of State’s corruption, she would carefully edit it to remove anything that proved that supernatural beings did exist and then send copies of it anonymously to the proper authorities. She would include a note stating, “I managed to discover some frightening facts about Head of State. Apparently he believes that demons are real and that he has sold his soul to one. He has been (insert examples of his corruption here) in an attempt to gain power from this so called demon. I am providing you with all of the information I found.â€

Your Sailor Moon campaign sounds like great fun. :)