Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I used to think "If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes."

But I've been living here in MiddleOfNowhereVille for a couple of years now, and as far as I can tell the view never changes, period.

Stop looking at the behinds of the dogs in front of you!

Life is too short to live it for money, power or prestige.

Stop looking at the behinds of the dogs in front of you!

Life is too short to live it for money, power or prestige.

That's kinda my point: around here, even if there aren't any dogs in front of you, the view still doesn't change.

Actually, I take that back. The corn is gradually turning brown. (Because of the drought.)

That's kinda my point: around here' date=' even if there aren't any dogs in front of you, the view [i']still[/i] doesn't change.

Actually, I take that back. The corn is gradually turning brown. (Because of the drought.)

Ah, you mean like Saskatchawan, the flattest part of Canada.

How flat is it? Well, once, a farmer watched his dog run away...

...For three days.

Thank you, folks, I'll be here all week.

Ah' date=' you mean like Saskatchawan, the flattest part of Canada.

...For three days.

THe dumb dog didn't realise it was leashed to a pole, and was going around in circles.

:winkgrin:

...For three days.

Oh bog, that's awful. But I've been up there and it's one of the few places I've found flatter than Illinois.

Unfortunately I only have one Saskatchewan joke and I think everyone on the forum has already heard about the infamous "kwop store."

...For three days.

Oh bog, that's awful. But I've been up there and it's one of the few places I've found flatter than Illinois.

Unfortunately I only have one Saskatchewan joke and I think everyone on the forum has already heard about the infamous "kwop store."

Now I kinda have to leave this here...

It is now July 8, the anniversary of two significant anniversaries in my life.

One year ago, I was traveling to Canada, and I got nauseous. The ensuing illness hospitalized me and made me pretty much useless for nearly six months. I've discussed it in detail before, I won't do so again, but it was an ugly chapter in my life that I'm glad is finally closed.

Eleven years ago, I got married. The ensuing loveless marriage and divorce nearly destroyed me and I'm surprised I made it through alive, frankly. I've discussed it in great detail before, I won't do so again, but it was an ugly chapter in my life that I'm glad is finally closed.

So, what does today hold? Can't wait.

My guess... useless and destruction combined, "but it was an ugly chapter in my life that I'm glad is finally closed"; third times the charm, right? :winkgrin:

A woman just asked me out on Facebook.

Apparently, overwhelming despair is sexy?

That didn't end up going so well, alas.

I kinda suspected it... she was getting a little too excited about me, and I was a little underwhelmed in response.

It is interesting talking before the first date and having the topics of gangbangs and erotic knifeplay both come up before you've "formally" met.

And I didn't bring up either topic...

... erotic knifeplay ...

That very phrase gives me the willies.

Mind you, there were some dating ads a few years back that showed pics of women with age and favorite activities, one of whom listed "Clubbing", to which my response was, "At least she's not into edged weapons..."

That very phrase gives me the willies.

Mind you, there were some dating ads a few years back that showed pics of women with age and favorite activities, one of whom listed "Clubbing", to which my response was, "At least she's not into edged weapons..."

Maybe she's a cleric.

What?

That didn't end up going so well, alas.

I kinda suspected it... she was getting a little too excited about me, and I was a little underwhelmed in response.

It is interesting talking before the first date and having the topics of gangbangs and erotic knifeplay both come up before you've "formally" met.

And I didn't bring up either topic...

Based on your phrasing, it sound like you were underwhelmed BECAUSE she was too excited. I have to admit, that doesn't sound like a bad thing - a girl being too excited about me. I mean, she's in for disappointment, and not just because I think gangbangs and erotic knifeplay are both potentially too messy and I like being the only exciting pointy thing in the room for sexy-times, but still, excited about you sounds like a net positive, no?

I go stabby?

Based on your phrasing, it sound like you were underwhelmed BECAUSE she was too excited. I have to admit, that doesn't sound like a bad thing - a girl being too excited about me. I mean, she's in for disappointment, and not just because I think gangbangs and erotic knifeplay are both potentially too messy and I like being the only exciting pointy thing in the room for sexy-times, but still, excited about you sounds like a net positive, no?

I go stabby?

Nahh, more one of those "really not my type" cases.

No spark on my side at all, and while I coulda faked my way through in the name of chasing personal satisfaction, in the past when I've made that mistake it's proven much uglier to disengage after the fact.