Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

You think? You're not sure? :confused:
I just got fed up. The laptop that I am forced to use no longer connects to the intranet and in fact couldn't even check my email. The computer services guy once more told me it always works like that when I know for a fact that is not true. So i just said "I'm done." and walked out. I haven't decided if I'm going back tomorrow or not. I don't know if they'll want me back or not. I think it's time we severed ties.

While you're at it' date=' you could quit using Julian dating and adopt a purely metric (base-10) coordinate system. That would have made my life waaaaay easier in 1993.[/quote']

Wouldn't it take a bit of effort to map a base-10 coordinate system to the 24 hour rotation of the Earth?

I just got fed up. The laptop that I am forced to use no longer connects to the intranet and in fact couldn't even check my email. The computer services guy once more told me it always works like that when I know for a fact that is not true. So i just said "I'm done." and walked out. I haven't decided if I'm going back tomorrow or not. I don't know if they'll want me back or not. I think it's time we severed ties.

Best of luck, whatever happens.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Then again, I may just let them fire me instead. That way I can collect unemployment while I'm looking for a new job.

But best of luck, Log-Man.

Well' date=' around here you only get to collect unemployment if you didn't quit and weren't fired for cause. So try to just get laid off.[/quote']

Seems to vary state to state. IIRC, California, you can get unemployment after being fired. Oregon, not so much.

It's 3pm and I am finally done with the meetings and con calls for the day. Now I have two hours in which to do ten hours of real work' date=' then my wife will start complaining that I'm always late.[/quote']

Having just updated my Resume, I was reminded of a fact I take some pride in...

I have NEVER worked at a desk job.

Thank the Gods.