Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

You don't know the half of it. All-night vigils on a cold mountaintop, including one with special rites at midnight on the Winter Solstice, fumes of cryogens boiling off in the corner, lights forbidden, tons of old steel painted bone white and soulless grey turning slowly, slowly, trying to match the ancient motions of the sky, the occasional bare-perceptible rattle of a bat's voice when it circles overhead.

You don't know the half of it. All-night vigils on a cold mountaintop, including one with special rites at midnight on the Winter Solstice, fumes of cryogens boiling off in the corner, lights forbidden, tons of old steel painted bone white and soulless grey turning slowly, slowly, trying to match the ancient motions of the sky, the occasional bare-perceptible rattle of a bat's voice when it circles overhead.

Yeah, yeah, I was a grad student, too.

France vs Portugal is the final of the European championship after France beat Germany 2-0.

So vive la France !

Portugal have not been playing like they want to win. France have. Home soil as well.

And now I'm done.

With Wales and Iceland gone, I have no desire to see this game. :no:

Pokemon Go. The game that made nerds go outside.

My daughter was raving about this last night.

Apparently there are no Pokemon around our house, though.

I also wonder how many kids are going to start sneaking into military or environmentally sensitive sites to get their virtual critters. She said police forces have already done public with exhortations to look up from the phone before walking into traffic on 4-lane streets.

My daughter was raving about this last night.

Apparently there are no Pokemon around our house, though.

I also wonder how many kids are going to start sneaking into military or environmentally sensitive sites to get their virtual critters. She said police forces have already done public with exhortations to look up from the phone before walking into traffic on 4-lane streets.

oh yes, it will cull the unaware. But those who survive will become almost ninja-like with their peripheral awareness!